Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Anyone's cruise affected by Katrina

I was just wondering how many CMers had cruise disruption by Katrina? Cruise cancelled? Returned to different port? What was the experience like?

Jodi

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2005, 04:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Anyone's cruise affected by Katrina

I just had clients on the August 20th sailing of the Imagination. they were kept out to sea an extra day due to Katrina. Such hardship!!! They weren't complaining but had to get her Mother to pick up their daughter from summer camp and keep her overnight.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 1st, 2005, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I was on the 8/25 sailing of the Inspiration and we were rerouted from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale. Carnival provided motor coach transportation back to Tampa, which I didn't take advantage of. I called the airline (Song) and changed our tickets to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale instead. Song was great! Due to the hurricane there was no fee for the change and they gave me my choice of three flights out that day. I thought Carnival and the Captain did a great job in keeping us out of the path of the storm and safe.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old September 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just cancelled my cruise this morning, was supposed to leave on the 5th from New Orleans on the Sensation. But we would have to drive to Galveston to leave, don't know if we would even be able to get gas. We are having problems in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas finding gas. Another worry - my oldest daughter is 6 months pregnant with my first grandbaby, she is worried sick about all the looting in New Orleans, so many rumors here in Baton Rouge about the rif rafe we are having to house. Don't get me wrong, but if you have watched the news since Hurricane Katrina
changed ours lives - all the wrong that is being done is being done by the lowest of the low. Any body with any amount of intellangance - left New Orleans before the storm hit.
Don't let them fool you - they had a way out - they didn't want to leave. This is their way of getting anything free. They are so ungrateful - They feel we one them!
Why should we owe them? I have never received free- anything - always worked for everyting I got. I'm sorry - I just had to vent.
I am disappointed - I have to cancel - but I would only worry about my daughters while
I would be trying to have fun.