Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2005, 02:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Hello Friday and a 3 day weekend

Good Friday morning everyone.
Looking forward to 3 days off as this is Labor Day weekend for us here in the US. Sure can use the time, plenty to do. Always hated Monday for the start of the work week, Monday is a Holiday for us ... woo hooo.

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver – Alaska – Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Post Edited (09-02-05 02:55)

Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2005, 03:07 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Hello Friday and a 3 day weekend

Good morning Steve and all to follow. I too finally have a 3 day weekend off! I work Friday and then have the next 3 days off.....................such a pleasure!

Have a great day everyone!

Old September 2nd, 2005, 03:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning Steve, Lisa and all.

It is a good Friday evening for me.

I have taken all of next week off work for stress relief, but I think I will be watching a lot of the news for progress re: NO and surrounding area's.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old September 2nd, 2005, 04:34 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

Hi Y2K,

Just out of interest, what is Labour Day weekend for - is it similar to what we call our Bank Holiday weekend which was last weekend.

This is an extra Monday off each year at the end of August which is generally seen as the end of the summer (yuk!) and Bank Holiday means exactly that, that the Banks and most office based businesses have an extra day off.

We get no extra holidays now here until Christmas Day.

Regards,
KG
Old September 2nd, 2005, 04:56 AM
Yeoman

Hey Gang,
Yes, it's Fri. Foster daughter and roommate are moved, they moved in yesterday so I now have my family room back. It was acting as a storage area for them. Kids are bummed. Rumors were flying yesterday that there would be no school today due to lack of fuel for buses. Turns out that that hopefully we will get a shipment so they can run on Tues. Even if we don't get the fuel, we will stay open (yeah!) Just means that some routes will be changed. So..in this wake, have gone back to teaching part time close by. I can walk to the local schools . I walked home from the high school yesterday. Felt great!. Great way to get in shape fpr cruise. Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....looking forward to the long weekend.
Anne, our school district is warning parents that the buses may stop running here next week.....they've already been cancelled for extracurricular activities.
Angela Z.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! I have to work all weekend, the kids still have to eat. I am off Monday and Tuesday. I work Wednesday then I am ON VACATION!!!! Thursday we head for Boston. Friday we fly to Orlando and Cocoa Beach. Have dinner with Pattys Brother and wife. Saturday we board Carnival Glory!!! Sooooooooooooo excited!!!! Have a great day CruiseMates!!

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:35 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Looks like the weather will be nice for the long weekend. Have no special plans here. Son's girlfriend will be coming here from College for the weekend. Her father continues his mental abuse.

When I went out to go to work yesterday I smelled gas. Guess this "new" vehicle has a leak in the gas tank (which of course I had filled the night before).

Dog seems to be feeling better. Errands and tons of paper work today. Must go to PT and the DMV. Always so much to do, and because of the long trip and all this sad news I really don't feel like I have any ambition to get it done.

Hope you all have some fun plans for the long weekend.

VTJen
Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning! I'm soooo glad it is Friday. I really need a longggg weekend. Then next week I'm off Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday to go to Orlando to visit Tweety!!!! I'm so excited!!!! It cannot come soon enough.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's going to be a busy weekend for me. Right after work, we are going to drive up to Buffalo for the pre-season game. Then tomorrow, we are going to my mother's for a belated birthday party (she was in the hospital during her actual B'day). Then sometime late Saturday night/early Sunday morning I've got to go into work to reset some machines because of a planned power outage. So that chops my Labor day weekend right in half! Ugh!

To Kimmiegirl...Labor Day started out as a celebration and parade in New York City back in the late 1800's by a Labor Union. They decided to make it a yearly event and it evolved into a national holiday, celebrating the workers of this country. Now it's the unofficial end of summer. <G>

I hope everyone stays safe this Labor Day weekend!

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:06 AM
cruisin_darlene

Good morning Cruisemates! I hope everyone is doing well this morning. It's going to be a nice day here in Chattanooga...it's Fridayyyyyyy...thank you Lord for that. Just 8 more days until the Glory B cruise...SO excited and ready to go! Everyone have a great Holiday weekend.
Darlene
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:27 AM
Kimmie Girl

Default Re: Re: Hello Friday and a 3 day weekend

Thanks for that FastEddie,

Sounds a bit like what we call our August Bank Holiday then - to celebrate the countries workers and announce the end of summer too.

Have a good one anyway - we will all be here working in the UK on Monday and thinking of you.

Regards,
KG
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. I've got an early start today since I have much to do at work and have to get home early before my flight. Still haven't packed! My mom was able to get here fine, she said she didn't have a problem finding gas.

Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day Weekend.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Hello Friday and a 3 day weekend

good morning from swfl...i am still sick so we will not make Sea World tomorrow.We have a lot to do around the house anyways. The news is bad out of New orleans, now woman are being raped.Where is this all leading too?
Michelle have a wonderful time in England. Might be a better place to be right now anyway.
I have to run...

Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good Labor Day weekend CM's

I have the weekend off, but have to work on Labor day. No rest for the ones who have
keep the tourists happy. Many of our visitors are from Europe, UK, Germany, etc.here for the Florida beaches.

I have started a new project, Quilling. Not Quilting. If you don't about it is strips of paper rolled, and formed into little designs like flowers, sun, snowflakes, etc. very pretty. Lots of fun to do. I will put them on my scrapbook pages.
Take care,
Carole
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning everybody:

Local newspaper headline news: ''EAGER CONCERT CROWDS STREAM INTO 'STONES CITY' ''.

It goes on: ''Excitement builds throughtout Metro Moncton as crowds gather, concert approaches''. ''City officials expect the metro area will almost double in population over the next 24 hours with an influx of mostly out-of-town concert goers from all over Canada, most of the American states and northwestern Europe starting early today''.

Have a good and relaxing Labour Day weekend,

Bill
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Morning CM landlubbers. I too have a 3 day weekend coming up and will relish every minute of it. Even though the central Texas heat is still in full swing, just turning the calendar page to September makes it "feel" cooler! lol Yeah, FAll is just around the corner.

My company is writing a sizable check towards the relief effort of the hurricane victims, and is matching employee donations on top of that. Local radio stations and organizations have fund raisers planned for the weekend, and I'm sure there are similar efforts going on in other cities. It's time to open our wallets as well as our hearts.

Have a good weekend cruisemates.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates...I have been so depressed the last couple of days. The wife and I went out last night and bought a bunch of supplies for the refugees and dropped them off at our church. Our church is opening our bible camp and they are taking all the supplies there . I am so glad we were able to do a very small deed, not much in comparison, to what really needs to be done.
I almost feel guilty about going on vacation to Fla with all the devestation. But my health and well being depends on this stress decompression. We leave a week from today and back on the 19th.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! More sunshine on tap for Calgary. Labor Day is the only common shared holiday (besides Christmas, Easter etc. ) that both Canada and the US share.
A few years back when I was playing "old man's softball" we used to travel every labor day for a tournmanent with both Canadian and American teams. It was always fun, so Labor Day weekend brings back good memories.

All sorts of fund raisers for Hurricane relief happening up here as well. Hopefully the money will get to those who need it FAST.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 2nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from sunny Southern California. We've enjoyed a respite from the heat, but I hear temps are going to rise yet again.

I ran a string of errands yesterday and filled the second car with gas. More of same today including the gym and buying a shower gift for a party on Sunday.

Lots of fund raisers have popped up here, too. A popular talk show team had raised $91,000 plus at 5 p.m. yesterday, and the effort was going on til 10 p.m. Cash and checks only.

Have a good Friday, all.

Judy
Old September 2nd, 2005, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates. We will have lots of traffic and people in town because of Labor Day weekend. The traffic is from campers going to higher elevations to camp before school starts down in the Valley later on next week.

DW and I will start to think about packing for a 6 day trip to AR to check out the Hot Springs area again. (Could re-locate in time). We leave Wed Sept 7th. This trip should prove interesting since we haven't flown since 9/11 and will have a traveling wheelchair plus crutches DW will contend with. Hope to see Big John and Marsha next Thursday before they leave on their vacation on Friday.

We too are having many fund raisers going on to help those poor victims from Katrina's aftermath.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Denise H

good moring every one i'm looking foward to tommorw my mom amd i are going
to the Minnesota renaissance festival to see some old friends the resr of the weekend
there things i can do around the house hope every one has a good weekend and to drive safely