Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2005, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default I just wanted to thank

I just wanted to thank everyone that has donated money,supplies, and many other good deeds to this Unbeliveable Catastrophe. Our Friends all over who have given. You are what give the people hope. I just could not resist making this post after reading Jodi's where she states she was walking around thinking and praying for the people in NOLA who have no place to go. It is heartbreaking to say the least. I said it before. I wish I could just put my arms around all these people. I can't do that but I have ask God to do it for me, us, everyone. Some one said. "If you can help one person then you have helped the world." Again...THANK YOU who ever you are and for what ever you have done to help the helpless mass of humanity.

Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: I just wanted to thank

Amen! This whole thing just makes me ill and want to cry. I wish I could bring some of them home with me. I will continue to pray for everyone involved. God Help Us!

Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:50 PM
CruisinK&J

I want to cry, too, for the New Orleans that was and will never be again, and for lives forever changed.

Judy
Old September 2nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
Admiral

I sometimes feel so helpless because of the enormity of this disaster. I have made my donation but i sometimes feel, what else can i do?
You don't have to give a huge amount of money, if everyone in this country just donated $1 we would raise billions.
Prayers to all those in need.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Admiral

I just heard at 2:15pm that the death toll will start at 10,000..this is just way beyond my comprehension. Let me say that this figure came from a Rep from La..and it was his estimated figures only..this is not a firm number..I bet it wont be far off though..so sad.

Post Edited (09-02-05 14:21)
Old September 2nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
VTJen

It is truly sad. I hope we each make sure to do our part. I had a man who ocassionaly attends our church call today to see if we would be taking a special offering. I assured him we would be. He was worried because he had to go out of town and didn't have time to transfer funds before he left. I reasssured him that if he brought it in next week it would get to the proper place. Wish everyone felt such a burden.

VTJen
Old September 3rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Lynne and Trevor

If I were still with the American Red Cross I'd probably be down there somewhere. It's times like this when I wish I were still with the organization.
All the charities do wonderful work and each has its own specialty, it seems. They all contribute valuable resources and are supplemental staff that extend the relief efforts.
I got to see some of the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo, and thought that was bad, but it was "small potatoes" compared to the later Andrew and now Katrina. This will be the measuring bar for all future BAD ones.

Let's hope that the Gulf of Mexico is clear of any major storms for the next several months and YEARS. The Gulf Coast can't reckon with anymore coming its way in the near future.

It's time for those of us who live in prone areas to truly count our blessings. Even those of us who were hit inland 3 times last year can be thankful. Many from Hurricane Charley to the Southwest of us in Florida are still cleaning up and waiting for assistance. Just magnify that about a million or more times in Katrina's area!!

Take care. Lynne