Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Saturday

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! One week to go until Glory B sets sail for the greatest CruiseMates cruise ever!!! The weatherman is saying that the weather for NH's Lakes Region is going to be beautiful for the holiday weekend. Chat was fun last night. It was great talking to you all. Work today and tomorrow then off 2 days. I finish my work week Wednesday then I am on vacation. I need this one for sure. Patty is looking forward to it keeps telling me "I can't wait". Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning Saturday

Good morning, Laura and all the CM's to follow! Laura, I know how excited you and Patty are...isn't that a great feeling? I am very excited about visiting Tweety next Friday and seeing everyone at the CM get together later that night. It will be here before we know it.
Yesterday after work, Gary and I went out for a quick dinner. When we got back home I decided I needed to lie down for just a "few minutes". That was at 7 p.m. Well, I woke up for a few minutes around 12:30 a.m. and then went back to sleep until a little bit ago. I feel like I lost the last 11 hours of my life. How does that happen?????? I have to say, my back is killing me!!! I guess staying in bed for 11 hours isn't a good thing.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning Laura and Mary Lou and everybody else that hasn't yet been woken up by their "loving pets",
Cat's were nutso this am and we still have foster daughter's dog and she was bonkers too! Not even a full moon. Anyway, we are staying close to home this weekend due to gas prices. Usually it's a road trip somewhere but this weekend i think the beach is in order (2miles). Have a few projects to finish. we make the transition from bunkbeds to a real wood bed for oldest. he's psyched. Only thing is that he won't be able to bulid forts out of his bed anymore. All posters are down. Now comes the fun part of fixing walls where he stuck gum and then pulled it off (along with the paint and a layer of wall) Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:28 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

A nice day here. Paper work and washing the cars are in store here. I'd like to do a little baking, but we'll see. I'm planning on a very quiet weekend. I hope to catch up on everything, and even relax a little!

Contiune to watch the coverage of the devestation of Katrina. So sad to see this become a black/white issue. I guess I'm niave, just never even thought that it would be looked at in this matter.

VTJen
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:43 AM
cruisin_darlene

Good morning Cruznut2, Mary Lou and all other cruisemates. It looks like a gorgeous day here in Chattanooga, football season starts today and after the noon hour I'll be planted in front of the tv to watch my Tennessee Vols! I am a huge football fan and look forward to each and every game. Just one more week until I cruise on the Glory with fellow Cruismates. I am looking forward to meeting..Sharon..Cruznut2 and Patty...Robo..Donna and Ray B...Each of you have a great Holiday weekend and take care.
Darlene
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Saturday

Good morning from swfl....I have been pretty depressed all week and today is no exception. The cat woke me up or was it my dh's snoring? We need to pick up the rug cleaner this morning and get our jugs filled. I had a fever last night and I am feeling lousy. Our pool turned green and we need to get supplies for that.I don't even care.All the trees are cut down behind our house for 3 -4 streets.I have not been able to hear those birds and I have not seen a bobcat. Everybody is telling me the value will go up but it already had doubled I don't care about the rest.It looks like waste land out there. I want a fence but dh wants to wait and see what they will do.He did call the city but hey they are too busy to call back.
Daughter is putting grandson in the YMCA next week and she is a wreck.Oh I remember those days. She is starting a job next week.She needs gas and diapers so we will head up there today also. For all I care I crawl back in my bed.....
Have a good day mates..sorry I am venting..feel lousy

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess
Old September 3rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Mornin' CM's.

Vent away, Sue. It's sometimes just the "medicine" you need!

Hope everybody has a great holiday weekend. I have a lot planned with the assembly of the health kits for hurricane survivors on Sunday (and we think we'll have hundreds of people!), finally shopping for the cruise next week and the Montrose Jazz Festival here in Atlanta. Whew!

Staying busy keeps me from sitting in front of the TV and crying as I watch Katrina coverage, though.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Cruisemates from Hot Central Texas. I am so ready for the season to change. The house is very quiet this morning. Hubby is fishing, younger son is away this weekend with his reenactment group, and older is still asleep. I am going to clean a little today, but for the most part, I am going to try and rest. My body is tired. I am not sure I want to turn on the T V. It has begun to be a blame game, and to me that is so wrong. So much still needs to be done, and many plans have to be made.

I hope all of you have a safe weekend.

Don't forget to love someone.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Anne, hope the red tide has subsided for you guys. Good luck with the bedroom remodeling. I'm going to a friends house this afternoon and help her put her kitchen back together after her remodel.....it's been a couple of months. She said she's actually looking forward to cooking again!
Hang in there Sue, your cruise is just around the corner and you'll get a nice break from everything.
Angela Z.

Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:21 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..................warm today....no sun yet.......

Y'all have a great Saturday............

Sharon

Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates.

Half of our local newspaper is filled with the Rolling Stone Concert tonite. Drove on Main St. last night and everything was under control. Our Main Street is less than 1/2 mile and DW and I counted over 30 RCMP's. Everybody seem to having a great time just walking around, eating their supper and having their favorite beverage, at outside bars and restaurants.

Have a good Labour Day weekend,

Bill
Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Western Maryland - looks like it is going to be a picture perfect weekend.

Just finished class (early) only about half the students showed up and about half of them didn't have their books ! Ugh, the first week is always trying.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..Work, work,work...does it ever end?>G>.
Hope you all are having a great weekend so far and resting and relaxing.
It is a beautiful day here in Hot Springs..Our Blue's festival began last night and seems like our town is tripled in size. They are sending ALL the preceeds this year to the relief efforts in NOLA...I thought that was a good thing. We are really reciveing a lot more refugees as the centers between here and Texas fill up.

I want to add this..I think that you people from TEXAS are a perfect example of the way things should be planned for. You Texans have paved the way for the way other states should plan ahead for these disasters. God forbid we ever have another one this bad.
Sooo. From a Razorback to all you Longhorns..I TIP MY HAT TO YOU. Well Done.

Post Edited (09-03-05 08:35)
Old September 3rd, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I'm moving a little slow this morning, since we never got home from the football game(or whatever you called that thing the Bills were doing out there) until 12:45am. Ugh! I've got enough time to take a shower and it's off to my Mother's for a B'day party. Then it's off to get some groceries.

Sue..you should call the city councilperson for your voting ward. They are the representative to get your concerns to powers to be. They are voted in to do this job. If there are unhappy voters, their position could be up for grabs come November. Get on them!

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 3rd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from picture perfect, sunny Southern California.

I have a busy day planned: get the car washed, shop for a shower gift, do some ironing, figure out how to get to this shower tomorrow.

First, coffee and some breakfast.

Have a nice day, CM's.

Judy
Old September 3rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary this morning, but temps are a bit coolish. Fall is in the air.

Going to have brunch with my father today, since he got back from Phoenix Tues. and we haven't seen much of each other yet.

Tomorrow we'll be moving the youngest Kuki Jr into the apt. that the older son left to move to law school. Think at 19 he's "youngish" to be out on his own... but think it will help him learn to be more responsible for himself.

Old September 3rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning-just barely!
I was up at 7:30 and read through the paper, had my breakfast and came on the computer and have been dabbling ever since. Trevor has been up for awhile and we are checking out things about my niece Sarah's sorority.

This afternoon we're going up to Winter Haven-over by Cypress Gardens-- to celebrate our granddaughter's 13th birthday. It's a new milestone for Katie, although she has been looking 16 for quite some time! The celebration will be at Carraba's restaurant.I trust the afternoon showers or storms hold off until we're at least up there!

Nothing overly exciting happening in Avon Park, FL. For fasteddie, I think our Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be playing your Buffalo Bills during the seasons. Both have outstanding defensive lines. But, I don't know if our team goes to Orchard Park, or you'll have to travel down here to Tampa to see them play.

Bye for now. For now, the sun is shining!! Lynne

Old September 3rd, 2005, 12:39 PM
First Mate

Good morning from Central AZ. Another nice day in store for us. Our rains have been going all around us the past few day. Maybe we will get some this afternoon.

Lots of traffic in town yesterday, all of it coming up from the Valley with RVs, ATV's and trailers loaded with camping gear. This Labor Day Weekend is the last huraah for camping to higher elevations around us.

DW and I enjoyed a fish fry at one of favorite eateries last night. Since all the traffic was bumper to bumper going thru town , they acutally let me make a left hand turn into the cafe parking lot. My oh my, I thought I was in Branson, MO instead to Payson, AZ!!!<> When we were in Branson in July, everyone is very courteous in letting you in and out of parking lots onto the main roads in town. They are NOT that way here in AZ most of the time.

Getting things together for our trip to AR next week. Looking forward to seeing Big John and Marsha for a short visit before they head to FL on their vacation. Hopefully we will get together at a resturant for an evening out.

Have a great day and keep well and safe.

Frank in Rim Country
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama

Good Morning everyone!! Ok, so it's late afternoon here in Alabama.. I am just a wee bit late posting.... but I just wanted to say hello. The day has been perfect here. Not too hot. But I cannot wait until fall!! I keep better in colder weather..lol.. I have had a busy day.. Today is my late fathers birthday.. he has been gone for 2 1/2 years. Mom and I went out to the cemetary and I had a good cry. I came home and baked three loaves of banana bread.. anyone want any?? lol.. Just 12 long days till I head to Jax, Fl for my first cruise. Can't Wait!! Mostly packed. I know I will make some changes before I go.

I hope everyones day went well,

Angela