Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Default Good Holiday Monday!

Hope you are all having a good holiday weekend. The weather here in Montreal has been fabulous, and will continue through the week. It's hard to believe it's Sept. with temps in the high 20's (low 80's F). Sat. I was under the weather, but Sun. I got out to enjoy a bit of it, and that's the plan for later today, probably a family BBQ.
James has spent all weekend on the internet, researching our next cruise. I'm hoping to have an announcement for you very soon! (We have decided to take Tyler with us on a pre-Christmas cruise, instead of leaving him alone for 16 days in Jan., so we had to cancel the Let's Get Lei'd cruise).
I'm starting to think about cruising again, and getting excited, and it's not even booked yet!

donna

Old September 4th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Holiday Monday!

YOu don't have to be booked to be excited, Donna! I LOVE the research part...

Glad you are jumping in to find another, it'll make cancelling the Lei'd cruise easier to swallow!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 5th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone....I hope everyone has a great Labor Day!

Old September 5th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.
1st day of vacation is always the best and still heaps of days off to go.

Have a great one.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old September 5th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Yeoman

Good morning all,
It's a delicious morn here in Fl. Except that the cat's have no concept of a holiday 4:45 I was awoken to Larry (the cat)looking down at me with his cat breath in my face wanting to have me take him down and shuffle his food. Woderful way to wake up. Am doing better, have my coffee, let DFD's dog out and now can have a few moments to my self. Got most of the garage cleaned out and reorganized. Have to finish that today. It's actually slightly cool out. Wonderful feeling. Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old September 5th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Monday, Happy Labor Day Cruisers!!. Iit is supposed to be another good day here in NH's Lakes Region. Going to dinner at a friends home today. Looking forward to that.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 5th, 2005, 06:17 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Cool here today - 42- fall is in the air.
Quiet day on tap here, which is fine with me. Hope you all have a great day.

VTJen
Old September 5th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning, CM's

I can feel a slight bit of cool air. The humidity is down so we here in FL don't feel like we are in an oven or under a wet blanket. AHHH. cool weather. Hope there are no more destructive hurricans and we can make it till Nov 30.

Looking forward to meeting all the central florida friends this friday in Orlando.
Carole
ps : fly your stars and strips today and prey for the victums in No, Miss, Bama,
Old September 5th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CruisinDarlene Send a message via Yahoo to CruisinDarlene

Good morning, nice day on tap in Chattanooga. My holiday will be spent taking care of the sick, yes I am working. Sick people always need meds so here I am, I'm not complaining though..thankful to have a job and a roof over my head. Getting VERY excited about the Glory B cruise this coming Saturday. Everyone have a great Holiday.
Darlene
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning mates, Felt so good sleeping in our own bed again. The cruise was nice, but we prefer the smaller ships now that we can't get around like we used to. The ice skating show was the best!! That alone was worth the cruise. Mariner OTS is defintely a family ship, so much to do for the kids, really is a great time for the whole family. Just wish some parents would get a hold on their kids. We had them running and yelling in the halls all hours of the night. Now its back to reality and laundry!!!!! Hope everyone is well, have a safe Labor day.

Jeanne
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Must get cracking on baking a dessert to bring to a picnic this afternoon. I'm thinking peanut butter cookies and a chocolate cake.....this way I can send cookies back to school with daughter (she broke up with her boyfriend last night) and some to my son's trumpet teacher....yes...having a lesson on Labor Day since teacher will be out of town for a lot of September. He's in a brass band that is travelling to Birmingham England for a big competition....the only American brass band invited!
Better get busy!
Angela Z.

Old September 5th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates:

Beautiful cool and sunny Labour Day on the coast.

Angela: Word of caution about sending peanut butter cookies to school, be carefull. In this part of the country, they just don't allow anything with peanuts to be freely distributed to chidren because of the allergy problem with that ingredient.

Jeanne: Ice skating on a cruise? That must have been very nice.

VTJen & Laura: We're having similar weather and couldn't be happier.

Liam: Have a good vacation and rest well.

Donna: If you cannot find a cruise to your liking, Peggy's Cove and the Maritimes are good places to visit in the Fall. (Not a paid advertisement) ( : - )

Well, I got nothing to do and all day to do it. It should be a relaxing day.

Bill

Post Edited (09-05-05 10:14)
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Hope it's a nice day today since we are planning a bar-b-que for this afternoon with some friends.

But first it's off to get some buttons for 'da Coots' new vest. Hope everyone has a pleasant Labor Day.

Carnival Glory
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Had some rain in Calgary last night, but hoping it will pass on and have a nice fall day. I don't want to think the golf season is ending here soon, but.........

The nest felt pretty empty last night, with both sons now having moved out.

Off to work shortly.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Angela, Bill's right about the peanut butter cookies. Our daycare has a PEANUT - FREE policy that is strictly enforced. You would not believe the number of children who have life-threatening peanut or other-food allergies these days! In my new class of 8 children, we have 6 with severe allergies. Peanuts, seafood, shellfish, eggs, and mustard! It's so bad that our cook now makes all the birthday cakes with a special no-egg recipe, and no cakes are allowed in from "outside".
I cannot even bring peanut butter cookies for a snack that I would only eat in the staff room. However, if you have any left over, I'll take them off your hands - I love them!

donna

Old September 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............sun is shinning......work for us today......at least it's one day closer to seeing our FL friends.......can't wait for Friday!!!!!

Y'all have a great Monday.............

Sharon

Old September 5th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I had to check on a few things on the 'puter, so I just want to say hello and wish everybody a happy Labor Day. I got a day off at work, but I got a lot to do lined up here at home.

Havve a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning everyone from Central Texas. Hubby hurt his back on Friday, so he has been laying around all weekend. It's funny because he is the type who has to be on the go all the time. I think he is enjoying being mothered. lol We don't have plans today. Just getting ready for another work week.

I hope all of you have a safe day.

Please remember to love someone.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:05 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from Central AZ. Another great day for us weatherwise. Highs in the high 80's to low 90's. Still Summer in the air here in mile high Payson as there is no nip in the air...yet. Lots of campers were going down the hill yesterday and the parade of RV's, trailers etc. will continue today as well.

DW and I have all of our clothes together and some of it packed for our "Land Cruise" <G> to AR this week. We will leave home tomorrow afternoon and drive down to Phoenix and stay overnight at a hotel 3 miles from Sky Harbor Airport. On Wed we leave PHX at 8 AM and arrive in Little Rock around 3 PM.

Hope to get together with Big John and Marsha on Thurs evening for dinner out. They leave for their vacation to FL the next day which is Friday. Looking forward to seeing them again!!!!

We will be back in AZ on Tuesday, Sep 13th. Looking forward to our adventures in AR.

Plan to stay at home today and put something on the BBQ for dinner tonight.

Everyone enjoy this Labor Day Holiday and stay safe.

Frank in Rim Country
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from Southern California where a pleasant sunny day is in store for us.

I attended a bridal shower yesterday for the daughter of an old friend of mine. She's getting married in November at a winery about an hour from Santa Barbara, CA. DH and I hope to make the trip up there for that, Lord willing.

Not much going on here. A quick breakfast, then take Keith to the gym. Yes, it's open . . . every day except Christmas Day. I think I will celebrate Labor Day by doing some ironing!

Have a good holiday, CM's.

Judy
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Holiday Monday!

Good morning from swfl....I woke up at 10am....from the smell of coffee that my dh had on a tray..he made me breakfast in bed.Yesterday I power washed the entire pool deck plus cage and some up front. Today dh is cleaning rugs, an all day task. Later on this afternoon daughter is coming over for a cook out.Tomorrow is rest from the weekend plus kids are home an extra day too.
Saw a movie last night and it was very good.
have a good day mates

Old September 5th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Lynne and Trevor

Good Afternoon,
This is just a loafing day for me. I actually slept until noon which I guess I really needed. I had my breakfast, read the paper as usual, then came in here for the computer company. Trevor is on the laptop at the other desk. He made us some noodles, sausage and peas. Dessert will come later.

It's starting to cloud up a little bit here in Avon Park FL-the precip is moving from northeast to southwest. Since we are in the middle, then we're bound to get something. No need to go anywhere today.Trevor just filled up my gas tank in the car-a little Nissan Sentra, and at $3/gal, it cost $30. That's enough for a dinner at a decent restaurant. And, it wasn't even completely empty!!! There's a sign at the pumps saying "no purchases over $50 allowed".

Tomorrow is back to work-I'll have to remember it's Tuesday and not Monday--no Bingo tomorrow-it's TRAVELOGUE!!! Remember--I'm in Activities!!

Good luck with all your plans, get-togethers with Cruisemates-wish we could join you on Friday, but it's just too far away at that hour of the evening. Have a great time! We all sound as if we lead pretty busy lives. For those of you going on a cruise shortly, it's your chance to unwind and chill.

Bye for now! Lynne
Old September 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Angela Wilson

Good Day Everyone from Central Alabama!

Hope the holiday is fun and relaxing for everyone. My DF is having to work today and we are keeping each other company with im's and email. She works in a call center and it is pretty slow.

Spent most of the day yesterday researching how to find family lost in NO. Thanks to everyone on the board that is helping me and sendingme info.

I decided last night to pick up my psaltry (mountain instrument-a cross between a violin and a harp) and play. Haven't done that in almost a year and I was surprised to find I remembered alot. It also helped me find some peace within. Also my DF stopped by and brought over her painting supplies. She gave me some of her extra paint and water color paper and a few brushes.... That helped alot too.. I have been painting all morning.. I finally had to stop when my legs locked up on me because of the way I was sitting.

I hope everyone can find something that can help bring a little peace to their hearts and minds. Grab a hobby, watch something other than CNN< CNBC< FOXNEWS, for a while, and just breathe.

Good thoughts for all,
Angela