Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Have I got A Story For You

Today I worked at the junior high. We are receiving more and more students everyday, and the community has really come together. Now for the story. I was getting ready to leave a few minutes ago, and there was yelling and screaming going on......... A student came to school today, and informed the staff that she had just arrived fron N.O and needed to get into school. They Fed her, got together all kinds of clothes, books supplies, etc. Everyone was told to be extra nice, and all seemed well. These kids are arriving without paperwork, because everything was distroyed, so she was allowed to go to class. Sometime during the day, one of her new friends told her about the fact that the neighborhood had collected coats for the winter, so she complained of being cold. They took her out of class, took her to the room where they were being kept. ( It is 98 degrees today) and she tells them that these coats aren't "cool". She tells them that she needs a more up to date look, and they think okay, she's in shock and poor baby, so they tell her they will go and buy her one if she doesn't like these. Well, her mother calls to see how she did , and if more paperwork is needed. They connected her to the priniciple and tells the mom how we are there for her, and what can we do to help. The mother says, I will be there in a minute, and hangs up. Mother comes, daughter is brought to the office, and I wish I had been there. lol It seems that they are from Utah. Daughter had paperwork, and assured mom she could register by herself, so mom let her. The good news is she will probably live, bad news is she probably won't be able to sit down tomorrow at school.

She probably will get an A in current events class. lol

Luanne

Post Edited (09-06-05 16:57)
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2005, 05:07 PM
VTJen

Default Re: Have I got A Story For You

Wow!

VTJen
Old September 6th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Admiral

what a brat !! I cant believe when everyone is suffering that she has the nerve to pull this kind of crap !!

Steph
Old September 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I agree....what a brat. Here in Orlando a man was arrested when he tried to charge several thousand $$ at a mall and when the clerk asked for ID he said he lost it in the hurricane.....the clerk noticed a Florida drivers license in his wallet and called authorities.....they arrested him I think for using stolen credit cards. YAY!
Angela Z.

Old September 6th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Admiral

This child is how old? The parent sent the child to school to register herself? I don't know who has bigger issues the kid or the parent. With a parent, so insensitive that they just send a kid to school on day one to register herself no wonder the kid was looking for attention.
I think Mom and the kid need some attention from the school social worker to find out what is going on???
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama

Honey, number one- she wouldn't register by herself. number two- not be able to sit down tomorrow?? try a week and she might get her sight back once the swelling goes down.

Angela

"The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next."
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Admiral

I'd make her do a report on New Oleans ----and what has happened-----or volunteer work in some shelter to see what its really like to not have personal items
April
Old September 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Luanne;

Does your school teach, ''Mischievousness 101?'', she would get an A+.

I enjoyed your story.

Bill
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Sorry Guys got some sort of stomach thing once I got home. Freezing, so I must be sick. The age group for the school is 11-14. not unheard of to be a little older. Students not allowed to advance unless have passed certain tests. I only saw the student for a minute. She was big. Under normal cercunstances, student would need parent to register, but we are trying to get these kids in school as quickly as possible. Some are staying with friends of family, no legal docs. Parent looked well dressed and totally embarresed. I felt sorry for mom. We have some good kids in this world, but we are raising some bad ones too. They feel like world owes them. Remember when we were kids, and the story of the devil on one shoulder, and God on the other? Some of these kids have a chip on their shoulder, and not enough room for anything else. No Golden rule, No ten commandments, no guideance, except what they get from MTV. Can't remember the words to the Pledge of Alligence but know every word to Cop Killer. You do the best you can, you pray, and you hope. heard rumers about parents, don't know if they are true, father in good position, has money, but gone a lot. If this is the case, mom is like me, raised her kids alone, probably doing what she can. Pray for this child tonight, maybe she will use some of these you know what and grow up to make a difference in the world.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old September 7th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Have I got A Story For You

This is indeed a case of bad behavior. However, I do not agree with the wish of some posters here to " beat" the child.<<Honey, number one- she wouldn't register by herself. number two- not be able to sit down tomorrow?? try a week and she might get her sight back once the swelling goes down>>

This would only further disrespect and violence. A written report by her on the poor people of New Orleans and maybe a fundraiser would do her much better. Also I agree, there is something seriously wrong with the mother.
Violence had never served anyone....

Old September 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Sue:

I'm with you on this. Nothing is gained by beating a child. Also, in this country it's against the law and with good reason.

Bill
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Guys, Don't read any more in to it. I don't know what happened to her. She is probably doing just fine. Hopefully she learned her lesson, and mom knows now not to be so trusting of her.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008