CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Everglades...C (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/274561-carnival-fantasy-moved-canaveral-port-everglades-c.html)

Marc September 7th, 2005 01:52 PM

Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Everglades...C

Here is update from Carnival site:

Tropical Storm Ophelia

The Fantasy September 4, 2005 cruise scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Thursday, September 8, 2005 will now return to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). Motorcoach transportation will be provided to both the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport.

The Disney Wonder has also moved for tomorrow. Any thoughts about Glory (and Disney Magic) also moving their Saturday sailings?

Luanne Russo September 7th, 2005 03:32 PM

Re: Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Everglades

Here we go again.......

Luanne

CruisinDarlene September 7th, 2005 04:07 PM

Oh please!!!! I am suppose to be on the GLORY Saturday with all of the other Cruisemates...lol. We'll just have to wait and see...I called Carnival and she told me call back tomorrow...maybe she'll pick up speed and get out of there! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Darlene

Donna September 7th, 2005 04:37 PM

Thanks for the update Marc,
Keep them coming, OK?

KimJack September 7th, 2005 05:38 PM

Let me tell you what the Orlando TV weather people are saying at 6:20 pm Wednesday:

Ophelia is presently about 90 miles east of Cape Canaveral, with top winds of 50 mph. The storm is not moving much at all, and is not expected to "make its move" until Monday. In other words, the meteorologists think that it will remain pretty much stationary until Mon.
off the Florida east coast.

They have several models they're watching as to where Ophelia may be headed, most of which take it to the north and east of its present location. But that's all very iffy right now.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that the GloryB cruise won't be affected. But reading that the Fantasy will be rerouted to P.E. has surprised me somewhat. I don't know what the thinking is there, but the CCL officials are obviously ready to err on the side of safety. I can't blame them for that.

Let's hope that CCL makes its plans public NLT some time tomorrow (Thursday), for the sake of you folks sailing on the Glory on Saturday.

Jack

Jeanne & Ellis September 7th, 2005 06:29 PM

Just pray the storm doesn't intensify. It counld cause a lot of problems on land even if it just hung around that area. So don't be surprised if you wind up being bussed down to Port Everglades. I think it is good planning on their part this time instead of cutting a cruise length. Just my PO

Cruznut2 September 7th, 2005 07:11 PM

Oh no, I leave in the morning for Boston. We will be overnight there then flying to Orlando. I will not be online to check this out. Yikes, I sure hope there are no changes.

Laura

Donna September 7th, 2005 07:43 PM

Re: Re: Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Evergl

Laura,
I called CArnival this afternoon and they said to call tomorrow for any updates on Glory for Sat. If the storms moves the way they perdict, it shouldn't be a problem by Sat...Try calling 1-800-Carniva tomorrow for any updates if you can...I will do the same.

Lisa September 8th, 2005 12:36 AM

The Disney Wonder is also going to Port Everglades instead of Port Canaveral to debark and embark passengers on the 8th also.