Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Everglades...C

Here is update from Carnival site:

Tropical Storm Ophelia

The Fantasy September 4, 2005 cruise scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Thursday, September 8, 2005 will now return to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). Motorcoach transportation will be provided to both the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport.

The Disney Wonder has also moved for tomorrow. Any thoughts about Glory (and Disney Magic) also moving their Saturday sailings?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Re: Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Everglades

Here we go again.......

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CruisinDarlene Send a message via Yahoo to CruisinDarlene

Oh please!!!! I am suppose to be on the GLORY Saturday with all of the other Cruisemates...lol. We'll just have to wait and see...I called Carnival and she told me call back tomorrow...maybe she'll pick up speed and get out of there! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Darlene
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks for the update Marc,
Keep them coming, OK?

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 7th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Let me tell you what the Orlando TV weather people are saying at 6:20 pm Wednesday:

Ophelia is presently about 90 miles east of Cape Canaveral, with top winds of 50 mph. The storm is not moving much at all, and is not expected to "make its move" until Monday. In other words, the meteorologists think that it will remain pretty much stationary until Mon.
off the Florida east coast.

They have several models they're watching as to where Ophelia may be headed, most of which take it to the north and east of its present location. But that's all very iffy right now.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that the GloryB cruise won't be affected. But reading that the Fantasy will be rerouted to P.E. has surprised me somewhat. I don't know what the thinking is there, but the CCL officials are obviously ready to err on the side of safety. I can't blame them for that.

Let's hope that CCL makes its plans public NLT some time tomorrow (Thursday), for the sake of you folks sailing on the Glory on Saturday.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Jeanne & Ellis

Just pray the storm doesn't intensify. It counld cause a lot of problems on land even if it just hung around that area. So don't be surprised if you wind up being bussed down to Port Everglades. I think it is good planning on their part this time instead of cutting a cruise length. Just my PO
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Oh no, I leave in the morning for Boston. We will be overnight there then flying to Orlando. I will not be online to check this out. Yikes, I sure hope there are no changes.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Carnival Fantasy Moved From Canaveral to Port Evergl

Laura,
I called CArnival this afternoon and they said to call tomorrow for any updates on Glory for Sat. If the storms moves the way they perdict, it shouldn't be a problem by Sat...Try calling 1-800-Carniva tomorrow for any updates if you can...I will do the same.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 8th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The Disney Wonder is also going to Port Everglades instead of Port Canaveral to debark and embark passengers on the 8th also.