Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Admiral

Default goodbye to an old friend

Got a call tonite @ 10:24 from a lady we sold our first house to. She wanted to let me know that our neighbor had passed away yesterday (on my birthday of all days) ..... he was a kind old soul who has watched out for me since I was a teenie bopper... almost a year ago to the date, he called me on my cell while I was up in New Jersey relocating my mom... he said... no reason for the call, just checking on my little girl" I told him where I was, what I was doing & that I loved him and would TRY to see him soon.

A month or so ago, we were in Dallas... running around as usual like chickens with our heads cut off...we actually drove right by our old house...but we didnt stop.... it makes me so sad to know that I missed that opportunity. I think he must have been close to 90 by now... and when all of us put our houses up for sale, he told me the only way he would ever leave would be in a pine box.

I am glad he is not suffering anymore, but Im sad that I cant hug him one more time. I hope he knew that life gets crazy sometimes and even though I didnt go see him, that I did care about him. I have another older couple I have been friends with since I was 12 (27 years ago) and I keep saying I need to go see them... Im just afraid to call and find out I may have missed that chance too. I want to go to his funeral, but I think I may be coming down with bronchitis as Im wheezing & coughing up a storm. While his wife was a sweet lady, I was really closer to him... Im really torn over this as Id like to go, but I just dont know if I can. It is 350 miles each direction & Im not feeling up to par.... not to mention I am in the middle of painting my sons room... if I can physically paint while being sick.

All in all, this tells us to spend time with people you care about.... make time, find time, just do it !!

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama
Default Re: goodbye to an old friend

Steph,

My heart goes out to you. I hope in time God soothes you sorrow..

"The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next."
Old September 9th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Jeanne & Ellis

Default Re: goodbye to an old friend

So sorry to hear. Steph, I know how you feel, that also happened to me. Life goes by so fast and if i were you i would make that call to that older couple. If people only r ealized how much it means to be remembered by a simple phone call. Do it now before your cahnce has past.

Jeanne