Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!!!!

Good morning CM! Had some nasty storms here in SE Wisconsin yesterday evening......lucked out at work and just had some wind and rain, but a few miles north of where I work there were some nasty straight line winds of up to 90 mph that knocked down old trees and power lines. At last count 105,000 customers were without power in the SE Wisconsin area. Could take up to 2 days for everyone to be restored. And for all that, we did not get that much rain, but it did bring in the cooler and drier air!

Have today off of work and am going to get my pre-cruise haircut and try and find some nice black low heels or flats - casual but can be dressy too. I HATE shoe shopping!

Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Yeoman

Happy Hump day Lisa, and all the CM's to follow. We are having unusually warm, humid weather for September so far. It's supposed to cool down to about 72 by the weekend though.
Have a great day everyone!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old September 14th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Rebel - I love your Avatar! What is your dogs name?
Old September 14th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning/night everyone:

I just finished my last load of laundry and it's time to call it a night. I have a lot of "business" to take care of tomorrow so I don't think I will be on the boards too much. I hope everyone has their avatar problems taken care of and all of that stuff. The new boards now seem to be running at full speed and the new caching is working well.

I still have a review to write and pictures to upload to the gallery but that isn't going to happen until this weekend, at the earliest.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning from the land of Cat Olympics,
As we speak, Larry has just recieved the gold medal for bed clearing and high jumping over the TV. He cleared the TV and landed on the dresser, Rating a 10 while only knocking a minimal amount of stuff to the floor. Ah, gotta love 'em especially at 4:30 am. I will have to take pix of Larry and his twin, Honeybelle and post them so you all can see our star athelete. Honeybelle wins the Garfield look alike contest, in color and size. She is guarding her food dish as we speak. Have a good one
Anne
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends! I'm back to work...but at least it is a short week. That is a double-edged sword, as I still have 5 days worth of work to complete in three! Oh well......it will get done Don't you just hate the first day back at work? It will take me a couple of hours just to go through the things left on my desk. But, more importantly, I'd better get the payroll done that is due tomorrow! I hope you all have a great day! I hope to see you in chat tonight.
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:09 AM
First Mate

Good Morning,

Going to be a hot and Humid one today in Southern NH. I am ecited I get to teach my first formal lesson today for an observation. I just have to bribe the students

Have a great day all.

Carnival Miracle
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Mike, your granddaughter looks like a real sweetie. I mentioned the Handguns and Hard Liquour daycare concept at work yesterday (my office inspects daycares among other things) and got a great response.....you might want to franchise!
Melissa, good luck with your class today!
Angela Z.
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone!!! When you commute the same route day after day at the same time, especially in the dark, you notice when there is somthing different or out of place. I was traveling north on the Garden State Parkway near the Atlantic City exits when I noticed an orange round light low on the horizon. Having listened to too much Art Bell on my 4 am commute I immediately prepared myself for an alien abduction and being held as a slave to a race of beautiful sex starved alien females. As I drew nearer I discovered it was a giant inflatable pumpkin on the top of a newly opened Halloween store. Ah well......

Tom my BIL is out of commission for three months with a broken foot and other bruises and dings after his accident Monday night.

There was no one home last night when I got home as DW and Mikie went to the mall. I walked into the kitchen to discover an empty pizza box on the floor and Gracie our new kitten feasting on a pizza crust. Seems our pets dragged the box to the floor and helped themselves to the leftovers. Our prime suspect is Isabelle our Shih Tzu who had telltale tomato stains on her beard.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a really foggy morning here in upstate NY, but it will burn off and be in the upper 80's again today. I had to break down and put the air conditioner in the window yesterday. I left the windows open in the morning, and it was too hot in the house. I remembered to close them this morning, though!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another beautiful day here in northern Vermont. This weather is amazing, and I'm soaking it all in. Yesterday I walked the dog in the field across from my house. Picked a bright red apple off a tree, watched a monarch butterfly on the golden rod. Wish I had my camera, the bright orange against the bright gold was visually stunning. Then I watched the antics of so many dragonflies - I felt like I was at a miniature airport, there were so many flying all around. Will try and slip back up there, with a camera. It really did brighten my day.

today is a PT day, unfortunately I feel like I am going backward. The same nagging pain is returning and it is almost back to the level before I started. Very frustrating. Work today plus off to the grocery store so I can cook pasta for 20 tomorrow as we host a Team Dinner for my son's Cross Country team. Not how I expected to spend my 21st Wedding Anniversary, but that is ok. Next year he'll be gone to college and I'll be missing him and the houseful of friends that he brings home with him.

Doug, I loved your post - you have an adventerous group of pets there.

Hope you all have at least one breathtaking moment today,
VTJen
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Greetings all.

Local newspaper news: ''Canadian troops storm Mississippi beach in hurricane cleanup''.

It goes on: ''[i]Armed with chainsaws, shovels and rakes, a company of Canadian Sailors from two warships landed on a beach near Biloxi, Miss., to begin the task of clearing debris left by hurricane Katrina. A shore party of up to 300 sailors is expected to spend the next couple of weeks toiling in helping to rebuild schools, hospitals and other public buildings''

Have a fun day,

Bill

Old September 14th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go.......we have a trunk show today, so, I hope it's busy..Very foggy here. but will be humid..BUT i embrace these last days of summer.....!

Make it a good one![/color][/size]

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 14th, 2005, 07:29 AM
First Mate

Good morning from Columbus, Ohio. Moose (my chocolate lab) and I are enjoying our morning before the rain sets in.
I have been watching airfare from Columbus to San Juan for my June cruise. I can't believe how expensive it is. Hopefully the price will go down soon because it is DRIVING ME CRAZY worrying about it.
Can't Wait Till Mariner of the Seas 6/08
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it appears I have an avatar at last! Believe me, it wasn't me who figured it out, I had lots of help from Kuki and Mike - thanks alot guys!

It's gonna be another scorcher today here in Montreal. We are enjoying a really fantastic "Indian Summer"! Temps in the 30'sC or 80'sF. Really humid and just wonderful for Sept. It seems strange to still be wearing shorts and flip flops to work in Sept.!

The kitchen reno is coming along nicely. Our contractor has designed a really cool shelf/drawer pull-out system inside our old large, deep, and under-used cupboard. One side of the room should be finished by the end of the week......

Doug, I loved your pet/pizza story!
Lisa and Rebel, I love your pet/avatars. I could change mine to a pic of Emma, but then Kuki and Mike would kill me!

Have a great day!
Purple Makes Life Bearable!

donna
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl....love all those new pictures guys! Mike, grand daughter is very cute. Talking about all those pets I have similar problems with our cat. He is such a "player". Every morning he bites my big toe sticking out of my blanket He wakes us up almost every morning, a big drag But he is so cute

Today oldest daughter is having her last ultrasound done and her sisters are at home today since they want to go also. Can't wait to see my unborn grand daughter Scheduled C-section is Oct 28th.
I guess I will be going on a cruise..without docs and cabin I did inform youngest daughters school yesterday I will be taking he rout for a week and signed papers. She will make up the work so this will not be counted as absent.
Have a good day mates
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Getting a late start today as I didn't have any daycare kids today. At least until the phone rang at 8:35 am. One of my 3 year olds didn't feel like going to preschool today (usually my house 2 days, preschool 3 days). He wants to come to my house instead. There goes my day off. Oh, well at least no diapers are involved. Maybe I'll take him apple picking. Like the rest of my fellow New Englanders, enjoying the last days of summer.

Looking forward to my trip to Tampa see my kids at their colleges Family Weekend October 5th - October 9th. The guys will be golfing and Lynn and I will be doing a dolphin cruise. Not a Celebrity cruise but it's a cruise.

Hope the sun is shining in your part of the world. Have a great and safe day.
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning mates, Doug,ALWAYS put an open pizza box in the oven to keep the "little ones" out of it. Jen, hope you can get that in pcitures, eally sounds beautiful. Phyll, hope you are feeling better today. Have a good day everyone.

Jeanne
Old September 14th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama

Good Morning to All!! It's my final day before departure. Lot's to do. Finish up the housework. Bathe the dog, wash his bedding, and take him to grandma. I have to pick up the cruise wear my mom made for me, go to the bank, and finish my last little bit of packing. I am spending the night at my friend's house so we can just get up and go in the morning. Delta screwed up our flight. They cancelled the flight we were going to be on and didn't even tell us. Since the reservations were made by her companies TA, it took a while to get it straightened out. Delta tried to put us on a flight that landed at 2:39...which would make it too late to get to the ship. Ends up, we have to go to the Delta counter and they are transferring us to USAirways that leaves at 7:30am and we go to Charlotte,NC and then to Jaxport. This will be my last post from here. I will try to post from the ship. Talk to you all later!!!

"The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next."
Old September 14th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates 8)

Had a bit of a bizarre day yesterday. I thought I was playing in a charity golf tournament today... until I got a call at 1:15 YESTERDAY, asking if I was on my way.

I had remembered the WRONG day. OY!

Arranged for Mrs Kuki to come in and do the shift change at 4:30, ran home and got my golf clubs, sped to the golf course, and joined "my team" before they finished the first hole.
"worked out" the Camaro's motor turning an hour long drive into half an hour

So... a quiet day on tap today because I THOUGHT I'd be golfing, and adjusted my schedule for it.
Think the big event for today will be getting a haircut... it looks like it's getting a bit long in my avatar
Old September 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Morning, cruisers. Happy Hump Day to everyone. Just an ordinary Wednesday here, but that's okay too. Have a good one.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 14th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Captain

good moring cruisemates it nother prefect day here in mpls was a cold
start this moring donna i see that you are doing better today nothing
go on today have a good day
Old September 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. More beautiful weather in store for us out here. I really like Fall.

I love the animal pictures and stories! Pizza for cats and dogs? Olympian cats? ROFL

Well, today is gym day, so I'd better get started.

Have a good one, CM's.

Judy
Old September 14th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Good morning from an overcast Vancouver. At least there is no terrible smoke (from the bog fire) smell today! It was horrible at work for the first 4 hours yesteray!! All done work for the week-Yippeee!!
I have just discovered something about these new boards I really do not like: sometimes I like to reply to someone's GMorning post and now it might be on Page1 and my computer is so slow to flip back&forth. So if I reply to someone and it is not you-excuse my poor memory!!lol
Lisa-I would love to go shoe shopping with you!
Trip-what is a trunk show??????(I have heard of trunk sales-like a garage sale from the trunk of your car..??)
DougR- I sometimes hear Art Bell on my way home from work if I am really late!
AngelaAla-Bon Voyage!! Not sure exactly where you are going, but have fun!
VTJen-very nice day there it sounds like!!
Kuki-good thing you did not get a speeding ticket!
Everyone-hope your day goes well. Take care. Bye for now.
Old September 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates! Its another hazy, hot and humid one. Had to turn the central air back on last night. Not much going on here today, had some very minor surgery this morning - took less than 45 minutes, had a very small cyst removed, piece of cake, then it was off to work. My guys are going to be very busy as they are getting prepared for the Big E - New England's Great State Fair. DH and DS both work for the company that supplies all the ICE and Milk for the entire fare, the fare opens up this Friday. Tonight after work they will be heading over there to load up the big freezers with ice off the big truck.
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Good Evening,
This is Lynne. I ran late this morning and didn't get on. I'm eating my supper at the computer but will have to leave in a few minutes to get to choir practice. It's nice to be back on here with you all. Glad everything is going well in Minneapolis, Paddletoes 53!
I'll have to look into an avator and try to get a picture up. That will be another challenge for me. rollerdonna, I'm happy you finally succeeded.

The day was sunny and bright here in Avon Park,Fl. No rain in sight until maybe Friday. Very dry down here.

I used to listen to Art Bell, too. My next door neighbor was a big fan.

Goodnight for now. Lynne. Trevor is doing well, too!