Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:17 PM
First Mate

Default Prays for my daughter, in the middle of Ophelia

My daughter, a 4th gr. teacher is now sitting in the middle of Ophelia, with no power, water coming in her walls(she is not at her apt. but her roommate is), and her school she heard on the radio is flooded. Please keep all down there in your prayers. She just called on her cell and said she can't imagine being in Katrina if this is this bad! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Admiral

What's her name and where exactly is she, Sunlover? It looks like the outer banks of NC are getting hit right now, but it's also being reported that SC is being affected as well. Regardless, she's in my prayers already. Hope she's OK!

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Prayers going out.......I know your concern.....I have family in Kill Devil Hill, NC on the Outer Banks. WHere is your daughter?
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Thoughts and prayers going out to all---
April
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Prayers going out for her and for all those in the area of the hurricane. I hope she will be able to keep in touch with her cell phone.

Phyll
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Default Prayers for My Daughter in the Middle of Ophelia

I just saw pictures on t.v. of the raging Ophelia. I pray that this storm is not as catastrophic as Katrina.

Judy
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Captain

Blessings sent out for your daughter. My heart reached out more when I read that she is a 4th grade teacher.
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Prayers coming from here as well. Let us know how she is.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM
First Mate

My daughters name is Morgan, and she lives right in Wilmington on Wrightsville beach. She had kept contact with us on her cell. She got to go back to her Apt. this morning. She has water damage in her apt. and food spoiled but so much more fortunate than those in Katrina so we are very thankful. Her school is in session but she had to take the day off to get back to her apt. and view the damage. Thank you all for your prayers. She is a devoted teacher and couldn't find a teaching job in Ohio so that is why she moved to NC. She just wanted to teach!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!! You guys are great!!!!!!
Old September 15th, 2005, 03:09 PM
First Mate

Sooooo happy to hear that your daughter is safe. You said that she couldn't find a teaching job in Ohio. Is that where you live or where she went to school? I am an ex-Buckeye. Both my hubby & I were born & raised there. We now live in PA., but still call Ohio 'home'.

I know it is a relief, for you, to hear that she is ok, just busy getting her apartment back in order.

Regards.....Pudy
Old September 15th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Admiral

One of my sons-in-law is from Wilmington, where his family still lives. In fact, my daughter and her family visited Mark's folks earlier this summer as they do every year. I really feel bad for those people in eastern NC. They get more storms than we do here in Florida.

I'm so happy to see that Morgan is okay, and that she'll be back teaching shortly. You must be very proud of her. She remains in our prayers, believe me, as do all the North Carolinians and others in the path of Ophelia.

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:39 PM
First Mate

We are from Ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!! She attend Bowling Green State University!!! Home of Charlie Frye from the Cleveland Browns. My girls went to high school with him!!!!!! Sincerely, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
Old September 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Our thoughts and prayers are with her. I spent several years in Jacksonville N.C., (Camp Lejeune, USMC) so I know the area very well. I'm sure she'll make it O.K. Keep the faith!
Ken