Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default I Hate When That Happens..

And for the past few years, it's been happening more often..I just heard today Delta & Song, are filing...so, of course, it just happens I am flying Song next month for my cruise..I called yesterday to see what they would say...Very blase, she told me US Air, has been in bankruptcy for 33 months...so I guess I am safe...I hope her job is....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Trip - Northwest also filed for bankruptcy today.......
Old September 15th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Admiral

I was totally shocked when we went to Tampa last year on Delta ! We went to our home airport who DELTA no longer services, so we had to go American Eagle to Dallas, etc... etc... Im sure the change was in the news but somehow I had missed it ! I got so angry with Delta previously and this incident just was the icing on the cake.... but I wouldnt travel with them if I HAD to !!

With some people making plans almost 2 years out (cruise of the century for example) its hard to know what to expect time they make it to the ship. Heck, I cant even decide if we are going out of town in 2 days... yeah, we have the hotel booked... but I dont think we are really going... luckily, I have til Fri morning to cancel. I think we will be saving the pennies from this trip we are skipping & take them with us to Vegas!!

ciao' for now -
Steph
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

You ought to live in a podunk town like me. Our airport has USAir and Northwest as it's carriers. When USAir went bankrupt, they cut about half the flights in and out of our airport. I can hardly wait to see what NW does.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:45 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

I have flights on Delta for the return portion of the Transatlantic cruise. Sure hope there will be no problems. As the lady said, US air is still flying so I think there is hope for us Trip.

Linda
Old September 15th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Trip and others---I got an email from Delta stating that flights will continue and all tickets will be honored. If you go to the Delta website using this link, there is all the information about the "restructuring" plan.

http://www.delta.com/about_delta/del...ing/index.html

I have tickets on Delta for January 2006, so they better be around. My kids need to go back to school. I normally fly Jet Blue but the tickets for Delta were alot cheaper for January. Even though my parents paid for the tickets, I thought I would be nice and save them some money. After all they are paying for the car, hotel and food on the trip.
Old September 15th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Default I Hate It When that Hapens

I worry about prices. I'm concerned that pirces to get to Florida from California for the Cruise of the Century are going to be steep if all these airlines stop flying.

Judy