Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Admiral

Default All-Inclusive Cruising???

I remember a ways back, Celebrity announced (with some fanfare) that they would be trying a form of All-Inclusive cruising on select sailings, meaning alcohol (and other extras) included in the cruise fare. Did it happen? This idea sure faded into the sunset quickly...

I'm personally not surprised, based unscientifically on the number of fellow posters who replied to my posts below who do not drink, or drink very little.
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Admiral

All Inclusive would be nice from the vantage point of their is no SURPRISE at the end when presented with a large bar tab, or any other tab for that matter. While I agree the ships may skimp on the name brand liquor somewhat, it may still be a financial blessing to some.

JMO
Old September 15th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Admiral

There's no such thing as a free lunch. When booze is included, it's calculated in the all-inclusive price. Those who do not partake helps pay for those who do.

As for your un-scientific pole of who takes a drink? Don't read too much from the results. It may be different in your part of the country but, around here, nobody admits to taking more than A couple drinks.

I like the idea of all-inclusive because there are no surprises at the end of a vacations that indicates what a great time I must of had.

Having an all-inclusive cruise would certainly put an end to cruisers bringing booze on board.

Bill
Old September 16th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
As for your un-scientific pole of who takes a drink? Don't read too much from the results. It may be different in your part of the country but, around here, nobody admits to taking more than A couple drinks.
Dude> I live in Canada. Canadians don't touch the stuff....eh? Particularly beer.
Old September 16th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Hey Cruise Cynic:

Beer is all right. However, being a Maritimer one never says no to a good rum. It's in the blood.

Have a good one.

Bill
Old September 16th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Admiral

what exactly do you mean by "all inclusive"?? shore excursions, massages, pictures, manicures?????? see where this is going?
I think that if the cruise lines included(built into the fare) soda, basic bar liquor(you pay for premium brands), an option for a carafe of basic wine with dinner, that could work.
It would eliminate people smuggling liquor and soda onboard.
Old September 16th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Why should the bar tab on Celebrity be a surprise?

On the M-class ships, and I'm pretty sure on the C-class as well, you can look at your running folio on the TV set any time you want. Pretty easy to keep track!
Old September 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Admiral

A while back, Celebrity announced that they would be test-marketing what thay called "All-Inclusive Cruising" on select sailings. Their interpretation of this was open bar and admission to alternative restaurants included in the cruise fare. I have not heard anything on this since so I presume it's popularity was a tad less than anticipated and the concept suffered a swift somewhat painless death.

Did anyone go on these sailings?
Old September 17th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Admiral

gif test

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008