Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Default 2006 Mardi Gras-CM Party at my House !!!

Our Mayor has indicated that the city is focusing on hosting Mardi Gras in 2006 (on a much smaller scale), which gives everyone a target to work towards as part of the rebuilding effort and also as a symbolic gesture for our " residents who are staying with out of town family and friends" (my term not his- ) to return to the city for a upbeat party and also to thank the many many many volunteers and communities that have open their hearts to our city. This is a key part of the healing process (plus we need the economic benefits of the event)

Of course speculation will now start building as to who will be the grand marshall..My vote is for General Honoree (an LA native) who IMHO is symbolic of the start of the real rescue effort and one volunteer, who would represent all volunteers who came to our aid

When the cruise ships return (hopefully to a brand new state of the art cruise terminal that can host twice as many ships), I hope CM will consider hosting a cruise out of New Orleans and I would be willing to host a pre cruise party at my house for all of our CM'ers that prayed for us during Katrina (BYOB)(VBG)..for our friends from Canada I'll make some moose meat gumbo and dust off my Saturday Night Fever album so a certain person can roller skate to the BeeGee's 'Staying Alive"
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Admiral

I guess it'll be quite a while before that new cruise terminal will be up and running, but at least it gives you folks in the Crescent City something to look forward to. Is your house still intact, venice? I sure hope so. Hang in there ... the best is yet to come for NOLA. Let's hope that the government comes through as promised. We're all in this together, it seems, and that's a good thing.

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old September 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I think a CruiseMates Group Cruise out of NOLA is a great idea, once the city and port are up and operating. I'll make it happen.
Old September 17th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Venice, I think it is a great idea. The more I hear your mayor speak, the better I like him. He was way over his head when all of this happened, and he sure had to learn fast (as did others) How is your girlfriend doing? Has she been able to go back to what was her house to look for keepsakes. Please update us. What about a job for you? Did you decide what you wanted to do in the recovery?

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 17th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Default 2006 Mardi Gras

I think it's a great idea, too. A while back someone suggested that eveyone make it a point to go to NO to help get their tourst business a boost. A cruise out of there woujld be a great start.

Judy
Old September 17th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Venice, what a wonderful invitation, and how can I turn down a chance to rollerskate to the Bee Gees? Having never been to NO, it would be a great experience for me. I hope it can happen. Meanwhile, we're all pulling for the remaining residents in the city.

donna
Old September 17th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Captain

Hi, Maybe they will make it when teachers have off. I can go with my DH and little guy. Or if its a short cruise, leave the little guy at home.
Sounds like a blast.
I like the general also. Anyone who can take charge like that gets my thumbs up.
Karen
Old September 17th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Admiral

If there is to be a search for the next Grand Marshal, I vote for a lottery among all the rank-and-file emergency workers and volunteers who have given their all down there.

While I realize that the military dudes have run rings around the civilian "leadership" (federal, state and local), I think the biggest honor should go to "John and Jill Q. Compassionate American," because they're the ones holding the whole thing together.

While politicians of all stripes fuss and fume and throw money (rather than planning) at problems of all sorts, it's "We The People" who are the heart and soul of this nation, and it's "We The People" who should lead the next parade and all the rest of them until the end of time.

(And now that the terrorists know how easy it is to bring us to our knees, the end of time may not be that far off).
Old September 18th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Admiral

Beautiful idea Venice!