Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday morning to all

Good morning all. Up early to go to work. Yesterday we got a call that there was a bomb in the store. The caller stated that the bomb was in the paper goods aisle and would go off in 27 minutes. Well, the manager of the cash ofice always turns the speaker in the office off, it interferes with her radio. I didn't hear the CODE BLUE page (I was in the office alone). Luckily I had just turned on a walkie talkie to call a manager about something. That was when I heard the managers talking. Locked my safe, grabbed my cellphone, grabbed the office keys and took off out the door. Somehow I "volunteered" to help get the customers out of the store. Can you believe that customers were arguing with us, they wanted to keep shopping. Anyway, after standing outside for about 90 minutes, they deemed the building safe and the associates (employees) were allowed back in first. After we cleaned up a bit, we reopened the store. You can bet the first thing I did was not only turn the speaker back on but I pulled the switch right off the speaker and hid it. Hope today is less eventful.

Wishing everyone a great and SAFE day.
Old September 18th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cheryl and all the CM's to follow. What a scary story. I'm so glad nothing serious came from it and maybe it was a good thing, because now you will always hear the messages over the loud speaker. I hope that was a big wakeup call for your manager.
Yesterday was very successful in the dress shopping department and the house cleaning. But, I didn't get to the work I brought home. So, I plan to do that this morning and then Gary and I are going to take some sort of a road trip just to get away. I hope you all have a great day. Take care.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 18th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates. Rainy here in NH's Lakes Region this morning. I won't complain. Seven beautiful perfect days on the Glory, smooth seas and lots of fun in the sun. Patty and I are very tired, long day traveling home yesterday. If you get a chance to travel with CruiseMates, do it!!. This was the most fun group I have ever met. It was such a treat meeting the people I have "met" on these boards for the last year. Patty came home with a "Ship on a stick" I am green with envy!!! Or is that tinge of green because I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much?

Laura
Old September 18th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Shop,with a bomb in the store.......NOT even me, the shopper would do that! Good for you and that knob!

Since I had no sleep Friday night, due to my bloody dogs...After I worked, and food shopped yesterday..I slept, and slept, and slept...oh my.

My suitcases are coming down today, and ironing and packing will begin, in ernest.....I will iron, and watch all my stacked shows on the dvr, and get that done..yayyayyayyya

Make it a good day.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 18th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone. A lazy Sunday morning. Paid off our November cruise on the Zenith yesterday, actively planning a summer cruise next year. I guess we are hooked. Beautiful day ahead!! Life is good!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida where reality set in first thing this morning. I put my breakfast order out on the door last nite and can you believe no one came with my coffee and crosiants. I actually had to get up and make my own coffee.

Suitcases are pretty much unpacked and the wash is almost done. Not even gonna put them away this time. Will start making lists this week of what to take to Rome for the Liberty Transatlantic. I'm thinking that one might just be tough to pack for. Need some warmer things than shorts and tank tops this time.

Back to doing the eyedrop thing for 'da Coot'. He goes for cateract surgery on his other eye on Tuesday. If this one works as well as the left eye did, he'll be able to actually see things a lot more clearly. Doctor said he may even get away with only having to wear glasses for reading.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Tweety, I can relate to that, no friendly knock on my door with a tray of coffee and danish. When I turned on the tv this morning I saw someone besides Me!! Imagine that!!! My 15 minutes of fame are over!!.

Laura
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Admiral

It was a pretty good 15 minutes of fame however. He certainly wasn't hard to look at.

Carnival Glory
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Dar4960 Send a message via Yahoo to Dar4960

Good morning mates...wow, back to reality...Glad everyone made it home safely. My suitcases are now unpacked, for 85 days anyways and all the laundry is finally done. Today will be a day of rest...Everyone have a good day and LAURA you still are one lucky lady. To have been on stage with Mark Price...wow! I loved watching the travelog over and over to see you guys...Mark can actually sing...he is sure a cutie...
Darlene
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Slightly warmer temps in Calgary today, heading to high 60s.

Have to attend the funeral of a friend's mother, and not much on tap after that until our Liberty Crossing chat tonight.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to zr2_Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to zr2_Thunder

Good morning all. Not much going on here in sunny Ma, other then reading your posts of fun and looking at photos wishing i had another cruise planned closer! hope all is well with you alll catch ya on chat soon!
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All, from Montreal where it is dull and 16C this morning, but at least it stopped raining. Had to wear long pants for the first time all summer, when we went out for dinner last night to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. Boy, was that a good meal!
Nothing much happening here today. Supposed to go to an outdoor art fair at the same place where my friend was married last month (beautiful gardens), but the weather looks too threatening for that, so I guess I will stay home and empty and pack the rest of my kitchen cupboards to prepare for them being ripped out this week. Fun fun fun......

Looking forward to pics and stories from the Glory B cruisers. Hubby is insistent he wants to book the Glory for next May!

donna
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I enjoyed seeing Ray's pictures in the gallery and now want the countdown to New Years 06/07 to go into warp speed! Looks like everyone had a great time.
Dinner at our friends was wonderful last night....a beautiful evening to sit outside and share great food and lots of laughs in the almost full moon light.
Angela Z.
Old September 18th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I think all of the activity of the past week caught up with me in the last two days. Had a rough Friday and Saturday but doing pretty good today. Our granddaughter is spending the day with us and I am going to spend some quality time with her.

I have a very busy day scheduled tomorrow. I have to go to the "courthouse" ooooh to finally resolve some legal issues with property and then life will be back to whatever normal is.

Welcome back all of the GloryB folks. I hear it was a great cruise!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 18th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

DH and I stayed up til midnight to watch a big fund raiser for NO on our PBS station. It ran from 7 p.m. til midnight. It was put on by Wynton Marsalis and his family. I really got a good jazz fix. Anybody out there watch it?

It'll be a quiet day here. Keith is doing well (he's fixing oatmeal for our breakfast) I think I can handle that; my stomach is a mess.

Have a good Sunday, all.

Judy
Old September 18th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny beautiful SE WI once again.

I've been up for a while, but just getting to the boards.

Angela, I'm with you. After looking at Ray's pictures, I can't wait for the Cruise of the Century to be here either.

Mike, hope you continue to feel better today.

Judy, I'm glad to hear that Keith is doing ok. Hope your tummy starts feeling better too.

A friend of mine, with a wonderful sense of humor, is throwing herself a big retirement birthday party later today. I'm hoping I'll be feeling up to stopping in for a while. It should be fun.

Have a great day everyone and God Bless.
Phyll