Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to mlobster78
Default best cruise of 20-30 yr. olds???

I am looking to book a cruise for myself and a few of my friends. We are mostly couples but a few are single. We are all around 27-30 years old. I have cruised before, all on Princess. I love the high-class and the amount of attention you get as well as the food on Princess. But...most of the passengers tend to be older. Any ideas of a cruiseline to go on for a younger crowd, but still get the high class style of Princess. Or is there a certain time of year to go that attracts younger people? Would a travel agent know? Or should I just go with what I know is good with Princess?Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I haven't been on Princess yet. Been on NCL, CCL and RCL. In my thirties and been cruising since 20. We go in off times while school is in so avoid the kids but you will find that this is when a lot of older people go without kids. (we like this crowd the best) A lot of people in your age range have kids and will cruise with them in the summer, spring break and holidays. Carnival seems to get the most younger couples as it is labeled the "fun ship" and it is our favorite because actually it is a mixed group of passengers but all seemed to be laid back and wanting to have "fun" not so stuffy acting. RCL seems to be more stuffy but this may not apply to the Voyager class ships which will attract a younger more active passenger with the rock climbing etc. NCL is suppose to be a good mix but this will be the first time on them (upcoming cruise) since 1999 so I'm not sure. Carnival would be my best guess for you but know that their ships (other than the newest) are most Vegas glitter and "fun" than the elegant surroundings of Princess and RCL. Whatever you decide will be fun. Also consider a longer than 7 day cruise will be an older crowd and a short 3-4 day cruise will tend to be a younger crowd expecially over a weekend - those are more parties I hear. Have fun! Debbie
Old September 20th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Admiral

My husband is 30 and I'm 28, and we've been cruising since 2002. We've cruised on Carnival and Celebrity. If you like the elegance of Princess, you'll love Celebrity. We did notice a lot of older passengers onboard, but we were seated with some other young guests at dinner. We've found the most people around our age on Carnival, but the shorter cruises we've been on have also attracted more of a "party" crowd (plus the ships on these shorter itineraries and the food and service aren't as good as Celebrity.) I think you should look into the newer Carnival ships or the RCI Voyager class. Also consider Celebrity - you won't find as many people your age but the class and sophistication seem to be in a whole other level.

As far as times of the year, we've only cruised in the fall, winter, and spring. The shorter cruises tend to attract more young people but like I said, we didn't have a problem finding people our age on the two seven-day cruises we took on Celebrity, which were both in early December.

Really, I think you'll find people your age on pretty much any line except maybe Holland America and some of the ultra-premium lines. Good luck!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old September 20th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

You will find all ages on all ships. But, having said that, I think if you were to make a very broad generalization then you would consider that generally on a ship, (as with life in general) the more expensive the cruise the older the gang. Because older people have had more time (as the theory goes) to accumulate more and be able to spend more disposable income on nice things. - very general, but I have found this to be true.

It also comes down do what you would consider "a good cruise" to be for your age. Regardless of age, the more expensive the cruise, the better the food, the better the service, etc etc. So if "party" is your thing, then I would agree with the previous poster. Or, if you are single and seem to have a better time around other singles, then again the above holds true.

Really it comes down to each individual.

Funny (or not so funny) story on our last cruise a few months ago, we met a guy who hung out with us the whole time (us being about 10 of us). His girlfriend had a fear of flying or something (or maybe it was the cruise - can't remember) and she backed out at the airport. She refused to go. So he said "F..$#%@# IT" and went anyway. My first thought was that this guy was some kind of weirdo or something (you know you are naturally a little apprehensive) but after really talking to him and getting to know him, I truly felt the guy was together. He had a good job, presentalble, personable, etc. He never asked us for anything, never wanted anything (no hidden motive for anything) and at the end of the cruise he told us he truly had the time of his life, and it was helpful and therapeutic for him to hang with us.

So at the end of the day, a fantastic trip is what YOU make of it.

banker