Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Adventure of the Seas Concerns

Hi:

Phew....finally. After a week or so of trying to log-in here at the new boards, I've finally made it, with a lot of help from Paul.

I need some advice on this problem. My DH and myself, we're Diamond Members with RCI, and we're getting ready to leave on our Radiance Hawaii cruise this weekend. We're very excited and ready to go.

The concern I have is this: We booked the Adventure of the Seas for next spring break 2006, taking our daughter, her husband and my three grandkids, (all teenage girls). This cruise is very expensive, as I'm paying for all 7 of us. I'm really concerned about all the negative reviews I've been reading on the AOS out of San Juan. I just read another very negative report on another cruise site, and it's gotten to the point that I'm thinking about changing my deposit to another ship and itinerary. This post I just read today stated that this people have been on the AOS five time previous, but the cruise they just got back from sounded like a real disaster. They said the AOS has been damaged by the amount of kids running around, without supervision on the ship, and no one does anything about it, even after they've reported it. Art has been damaged and the ship is looking pretty bad from all of the things these kids have done to it. They said they noticed a lot of security walking around because of the number of fights they've had on board, from grown-ups no less. I've seen this problem before on the boards, but it seems to be getting worse. I want to show my family a good vacation and it sounds like things are just out of control on this ship. Has anyone else been on this ship lately and what are your thoughts on this? Does anyone know if the San Juan schools are on spring break at the same time as the schools in the US?

Thanks for any advice....

Happy Cruising....Buddy :
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi:

Me again. I've been a member for three years now on Cruisemates. How do I get the date changed?

Thanks....Buddy
Old September 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Admiral

my best advise would be to talk to your travel agent. They will have the "inside scoop" on what is really going on.