Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning, It's Friday

Good morning from Southern California where it isn't even 10 p.m. I haven't done a Good Morning thread for a while. Perfectly wondeful Fall weather here.

Keith continues to "come back." Lots of tears and hugs. He told a watiress today that "I haven't felt this good in I don't know how long." Such a good thing to hear We both pray that this will continue.

Prayers to those fleeing Hurricane Rita.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good evening Judy:

I'm glad to hear that Keith is doing so well. You better watch out if he's telling those waitresses how well he's feeling.

Seriously: I hope all continues going well for both of you. Have a great Friday!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:42 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin.....where fall is beginning to be felt and I have achieved SDM status! I find out later this morning if I have this weekend off of work - are overstaffed with nurses so I volunteered to take the whole weekend off with PTO.......sure hope I get it otherwise I will be running around like a whirling dervish on Wednesday trying to get everything washed, folded and packed!

Great sleeping weather right now here in Wisconsin, so I think I will turn in and try and take advantage of it! (In case you can't tell, autumn is my favorite time of the year!)

Have a great day everyone!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 04:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Looks like another nice day coming up for NH's Lakes Region. Busy week this week, apartment hunting and back to work too. Judy it is so nice to hear that Keith is feeling better. Prayers are still coming your way. Have a great day CruiseMates

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl..where at 5am the thunder was so loud in our bedroom I had to get up once again snoring woke me up So I had my coffee and turned on the TV to see what is happening with Rita.

Granson was released yesterday late afternoon and he is happy to be at home again. Still had a fever but doing better.I will see them today as I have to run to the store and get a few things for our cruise.I did tell my daughter about the Blue Lagoon trip and she wasn't thrilled. Now she is telling me she rather stay on ship and explore I will try to cancell the shore trip today online. This would give me time to visit the spa agin which is just fine with me!
I did started to get stuff together and daughter made a list of things to bring.I will pack up everything tomorrow and we are leaving here sunday morning to drive to the port.My dh is bringing us which is nice.His car is getting fixed and should be ready by this afternoon.

I am getting excited about the cruise Have a good day mates!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where the calendar says autumn and the thermometer laughs at that! Will be stuck at the office today and football game tonight....hopefully no rain.
Angela Z.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Good Friday morning & TGIF:

Daughter is bringing my 4-year old grand-son to hang around with me today. I'll take him to my daily ( retired, semi-retired) coffee meeting at McDonald's. At the very least, he'll have something intelligent to contribute to the meeting which would be a first this week.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Boy, am I glad it's Friday! It's just been one of those weeks. You know how you keep on trying to get things accomplished, but you end up where you started? Yep, it's been one of those!

It rained a bit last night, so the temps were in the mid 60's...a lot warmer than yesterday morning.

It's unbelieveable how bad the traffic jam is in Houston. Another show of government planning! Four lanes of traffic not moving, and empty four lanes in the other direction. You'd figure that they learned something, but...

Well, I hope everybody has a great day, and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Looks like fall temps are finally to reach our area. Tonight we will have frosts and temps will reach the 30's. It was nice while it lasted.

We survived the pool party - almost 40 teenagers, 14 pizza's countless bags of chips, oreos and I'm not sure how much soda, but it was a lot. Today I will wash towels. They all had a blast, and the weather was just beautiful! Where most of these kids from in Germany home pools are very rare, so it was fun for them. Today they are heading to a cidar mill, Ben & Jerry's Factory and then to visit our State Capital, then back to enjoy the High School Football game. Lots of new experiences for them.

Today I'm just staying at home to try and catch up on the endless paperwork.

Son's ex-girlfriend did show up last night. It was very awkard.

Also, son tripped and jammed his big toe last night, can't put weight on it. So much for his cross country race tomorrow. He is feeling like his whole season is ruined. He is very down in the dumps right now.

Kuki - sorry to hear about your mom
Sue - glad your grandson is home. Have a wonderful cruise

Prayers for all those facing Rita's fury.

Hoping there is some sunshine in each of your days, and that the Red Sox can turn up the heat tonight!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Didn't post yesterday becuase I was in a terrible mood and could not think of a thing nice to say. I am burned out from work's busy season and resent those at work who just don't seem to get it. People who must get things done by September 30 leave unannounced for vacations, leaving me holding the bag.

Good news about Keith!!!
Prayers and thoughts to all in Rita's path (I had a former gf by that name and it is fitting that her namesake is a big mean kick-butt storm. After we parted ways she worked her way through three husbands).

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Woke up with a pounding sinus headache. Not a good way to start off the day. Hopefully my sinus medicine will kick in quickly. Possible showers this morning then a nice afternoon.

Went to work last night to find my office manager very upset. Seems someone found out that her and the store manager are leaving for vacation together today. Big NO NO at WalMart. The district manager came in to have a meeting with them. Their choice was--cancel the vacation or when they return one of them needs to be transferred. They decided that my office manager will transfer. Bad for her, good for the office.

Lots to do today. Need to go to the grocery store to get food for my DH's installation of officers at his Knights of Columbus meeting tonight. Funny how he's the grand knight but I'm doing all the work and preparing.

Prayers for those in Rita's path. PLEASE be safe and listen to all the warnings.

Kuki--did you find that medicine?????????
Jen--glad the party went well. Sorry you and your son are going througha rough time with this girl. Prayers are coming your way
Doug--glad you're in a better mood.
Sue--happy to her that Aiden is home. Will continue to prayer for his recovery

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Not too much to tell ya today...Judy, it's wonderful, that Keith is doing so well! I wish the Gulf coast well, we had Dalsal in chat the other night, getting ready to evacuate... I hope they left. Prayers to Kuki, I hope Mom sails through today! xoxoxo[/b]

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's a bit chilly this morning, but the sunshine remains. I have surrendered to long pants, but hanging on to the sandals and bare feet for now... It's so nice to be able to still take the kids out to play without dressing in jackets etc.....not yet anyway....

Kitchen looks pretty bare. Plastering and sanding has been done, and hopefully the upper cabinets will go in today. Not sure about countertops. It's strange doing meal-prep and dishes in the bathroom!

Sue, glad to hear Aiden is doing better.
Kuki, hoping to hear good news about your mom today...
Judy, glad to hear Keith is still improving.
Doug, that was funny about your ex, Hurricane Rita's namesake!
BW, sounds like a great day planned.
VTJen, sounds like a fun day at your place yesterday!

Everyone, have a great Friday, and those in the path of Rita, stay safe!

donna
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Morning all...

I get to wear jeans today cause the weather is cool enough. Kinda like that.

Today is Homecoming here in MI. Both of my kids are going to the big game and dance. When did I get this old?

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny fallish WI. Like Lisa, I love this time of year too.

Kuki, my prayers are with your mom today. Hope all goes well for her, and I hope your cold heals up too so that you can spend some time with her.

Judy, it's so good to hear that Keith is doing so well. That is great news.

VTJen, I still don't know how you do it. I'm glad everyone had such a good time. I know you are all making memories to treasure for a lifetime. I'm praying for the ex-girl friend too. I'm glad that your son has been able to separate himself from her. What a difficult situation for everyone.

Sue, I'm glad that Aiden is doing better and has been able to come home. It's also good to hear that you still will be able to go on your cruise. I hope you and your daughter have a fantastic time!!!!!

I know I've missed some of you. I liked being able to scroll back in the past. Hope all of you have a good day, and like everyone else my prayers and thoughts are with those in the path of Rita today.

Phyll
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Morning all. I'm a bit jealous of the dropping temperatures. We're still hot and steamy here in Atlanta. Camping trip was cancelled this weekend and I'm secretly glad. I'm just TIRED of this hot weather!

Going to visit my TA today....film at 11!

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the warm Arizona desert. Today's 104 is supposed to be our last 100+ day, supposedly. I'm sure ready for those under 100 days and temps cool enough to leave the windows open at night!

I hope you all have a fantastic Frida!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

TGIF!! Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend. Prayers going out to all.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A fairly thick layer of frost on our lawns this morning in Calgary... though temps are supposed to climb into the 60sF.

Still home fighting this danged cold. A week of it hanging on, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Will just have to hang around and wait to hear how my mother's procedure goes. My sister flew in from Pheonix last night, so she'll at least be with my folks.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,

It's another Hazy,Hot & Humid day here in the Tidewater of Va. Supposed to be in the mid 90's again. But rumor has it to cool down the weekend.

Prayers to all in Ritas path,,,,

Kuki hope all goes well for your Mom today.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and upcoming weekend,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning folks:

It is beginning to feel like fall here in the land of four seasons. It is clean up day for me. We are heading over to my daughters to help clean up the mess from Wednesdays storm. I will be playing pick up sticks and my SIL will be playing lumberjack. We'll see if the coyote got his Happy Meal.

Kuki: I hope your mother's procedure goes well. She is in my thoughts. Work on that cold.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and an excellent weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Sun is shining here in Central Florida for the first time in several days. Good morning Cruisemates. Thoughts and prayers going out for Mom Kuki and her speedy recovery.

Mike, Phyl, Kuki, Jen, Donna and Lisa, must say I'm not gonna miss the changing of the seasons, but I'm glad it doesn't get quite as warm here as it does in Arizona. I'm sure it will get to a point where it is chilly here but when the temps drop to the 40's I'll think back to winters in NY where we didn't see 40 for weeks on end. In the meantime I'm enjoying the warmer weather.

Been really busy all morning getting organized for the trip to Rome and the transatlantic on Liberty. Called the bank and will go there later today and order Euros and will go to AAA to purchase some Travelers Checks in Euros. Think I'll also get US Travelers Checks to be on the safe side.

Going to buy the biggest bows I can find to put on my luggage. Already have hot pink and lime green luggage tags but they just were not prominent enough when we were looking for our bags coming off of Glory. Unfortunately we have black soft sided luggage that looks like everyone elses black soft sided luggage.

Next thing on my agenda is to find our grab bag gifts for the cruise. Have to find something that represents our part of the country. Wonder if Mickey Mouse ears would cut it.

Have a good day everyone.

Cruise Of The Century

Lots of Time, Little Money - Liberty Transatlantic

Carnival Glory
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
First Mate

Good morning
A little frosty here this morning, but like Kuki says its supposed to warm up later today. Carpet cleaner just finished the carpets. Need some prayers for MIL who is in the hospital with pneumonia, she just turned 94 last month.
Grant