Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Default Welcome to Wednesday gang,,,,

Happy Hump Day Everyone,,,The weekend is in sight

After the Tuesday I had I'm sure glad that's over

Hope everyone has a great day,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning Jo and all to follow! Yes, it is hump day and I am off of work today. MUST pack and do last minute shopping.....and then I need to find a pair of black flats......it really shouldn't be this hard!

Have a great day everyone!
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jo, Lisa and all the CM's to follow. I'm keeping Robo in my thoughts and prayers today. Good luck with the surgery!
I was actually cold when I walked out the door this morning....and tomorrow is only going to reach a high of 61....YUCK! The weekend looks promising though. We are off to West Virginia to the kid's new house on Saturday. Gary has been elected to install a new water heater...lucky guy! . And who knows what is in store for me...painting, cleaning, organizing? Could be any or all of the above! Well, you all have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Admiral

Arrrrrrrrgh just lost all my netscape config files including my email passwords for secondary accounts and all my bookmarks!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh and grrrrrrrr. Lots of work ahead of me.

P.S. Good Hump day evening.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning,
Been a while since I had a chance to post. Melissa threatened me with a picture of us too after a martini party if I didn't post (VBG) Anyway, hate having to log in again and again and again. Am trying to use these smilie guys and have no clue what I am doing. Have to go to oldest's middle school. Ugh!! I hate homework.
Anne
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Chilly morning but soon to be warm, a nice day in store for NH's Lakes Region. So much to do today. Work today too. Have a great day CruiseMates!!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 28th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Like Mary Lou, I had to break the jacket out for the first time this fall. The temp. was in the lower 40's! Yuk!! I think I'll mow the lawn today while it's nice and cool out. It's just going to be another one of those days at work. Busy enough to keep the clock moving.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Good Wednesday morning:

Stange story in local newspaper: Reluctant robber sent to jail'' It goes on: ''68-year-old man's wish granted, sentenced to 18 months behind bars''

The robber entered the bank just after it opened and handed a note to the teller demanding money. He asked for $10000.00 in $1000.00 bills. The teller advised him that she only had 5 $1000.00 and would have to go to the vault for the other 5 $1000.00 bills. He said fine and went and sat down to wait.

The teller advised the manager and called the police. The police came in and arrested the would be robber who told the police ''I've been waiting for you''.

Apparently, the would-be robber had no intentions of robbing the bank, he just wanted to be tossed in jail as it would make his life easier.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

40 this morning, but supposed to warm up to the early 70's today. Got caught up on much of my at home paper work yesterday. Today I'll head to the office and try and scratch the surface there.

The envelope seems to be gone for good. Now I'm praying for the provision of the good Lord for where does one find $1000?

Son's race was second again yesterday.

Last night was painful watching the Red Sox - I rallied thru the bitter end. Hope they can pull it out today.

Hope you all have a nice day
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates, at least I can post again! Had trouble last night trying to answer posts....
It is 12C here in Montreal this morning, or 53F. A bit chilly, and the jacket will have to come out of hiding!
Yesterday we had a beautiful day for apple picking, warm, sunny, and just plain fun. Now I'll have to bake something apple-y!!
Kitchen is, in my opinion, about 1/2 done. Another wall comes down today, and maybe the floor will go in, not sure yet. Such surprises when I get home each night!
Can't wait till tonight at 8 p.m. - LOST!

donna
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Thought the Red Sox would be in first all alone today. They are making me crazy. The rest of the week is going to be so long.

Chilly morning. The house is freezing since we left most of the windows open last night. Looking forward to the warm Florida weather next week. (and seeing my kids)

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good Wednesday morning every body.
I can feel it cooling off here in Florida.
The tepms this AM were in the 70*

My note to myself says 143 days till our next cruise on the Liberty.
This cruise is a really good price if any one in interested. Send me a PM and I will give you the details. Not a CM cruise but one I found on my own.
"Happy Sails" as Pam would say.
Carole
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Default Welcome to Wednesday, Gang ...

An early good morning from Southern California. It's only 4:43 a.m. Bronchitis and it's attendant symptoms keep me awake. It'll be a quiet day for Keith since I have lost my voice. DH says he will do his home exercises today so that I can cool it.

DH is all excited. Yesterday, he arranged for us to get DSL. It's finally available in our area. We'll try it for a month, and I hope it works out. It really would be nice to get rid of the dial-up.

Maybe I can sleep now. Have a good Wednesday, CM's.

Judy
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
It sounds like a broken record--the sun shining brightly here in Avon Park, FL. The temp is in the lower 70's.
I'm trying to figure out how I get my countdown clock back and my rose signature. I'm registered as a new user so probably have to start over-so where is the graphics page and clock instructions we could get on the old pages.Practical /Magical Tricks?? I had finally figured out how to navigate that procedure.

Our Apple Harvest Festival starts this afternoon at work. 3 1/2 days of smelling apple dumplings, listening to mountain music and surveying an entire Activities room decorated and arrayed with homemade and purchased crafts and other apple, rooster, Christmas, Halloween, Fall items. I've spotted a canister set that matches my kitchen (country/roosters) that I'm trying to resist buying.We have a good functional one already, but is white with personality!

Yikes! It's 8:13!! Lombard--my heart goes out to you losing all your info, That's happened to me, PLUS, the hard backup in an address book with addresses, passwords, etc got totally "misplaced" last year. It never leaves this house. I was sick! I'm still hoping it will show up somewhere but may have been picked up with papers and tossed in the trash. GOOD LUCK!!!!! (I've got 2 hard cover backups going now).

Have a great day everybody. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates. We are suppose to be a cool 102 today. Poor air conditioner is worn out this year. We are suppose to get rain tonight, and then cooler weather behind it. I sure hope so. I see by you guys that the storm is not so much a storm now. It is a relief.

I finally finished my picks for excursions yesterday, for our Dec. cruise. This will be our last cruise for a year, so I wanted it to be special. I to wish the cruise of the century was longer. If you have not signed up, please do so. We are going to rock and roll that ship. (No pun intended)

I guess I am not working today, because I am sitting here, but there are tons of things to do here.

Have a great day cruisemates. Remember to love someone today.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

Chilly day so far but warming to 73 later here in MI. Big cold front moving in, for a real chill down tonight.

Heading to the hospital today as my sister is having surgery today. We are all juggling the one car we have left so kinda hard. Prayers would be appreciate for her outcome and recovery.

Hey, has anyone heard from Thomas lately? I can't help but to think of him and his mom, as that is how my father passed last Thanksgiving. Our thoughts are with you Thomas.

TODAY IS LOST DAY! For all you fans. Isn't this show getting good? My son has a theory that they are all the sick ones, put on this island for quarentine, (sp?) by the goverment. The doctor underground is watching them to make sure they don't escape. They all relate back to a hospital one way or another from themselves or someone they know just died, so may have gotten something from there. The "others" are people that have been brought there before. I think he is on to something and may be right but I think the doctor, Jack, is the one sick and in a coma and we are seeing his images and memories. Sorta blending in together. The "voices" are when people are around him speaking. What do you think? Any "LOST" fans out there?

Have a great day all!!!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning amigos! Another busy day here at the cube farm. At least Lost is on tonight - can't wait!

Hope everybody has a great day!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old September 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida where I'm thinking that the temps are really nice. Guess when you've been here a while it seems chilly at 70 but I'm still finding that a comfortable temperature when I wake up in the AM.

Just looked at the calendar and 21 days from right now, we'll be getting in the van to head off to FLL and our flight to Rome. LIBERTY HERE WE COME!!!

We think about Thomas and his Mom a lot. Hope she is doing well.

Luanne we are working on tours for Rome and excursions from the ship too. Takes a bunch of research but it helps to pass the time till we cruise.

Lynne hope you get your rose back, it was pretty.

Nolou, the Red Sox haven't left the Yankees behind yet. Time will tell...

Been having problems too Donna, have to give Mike a call today and see what the problem is.

Yikes Liam, I hate when that happens. Good luck.

Marylou, a mother's work is never done. (and we really don't want it to be)

Lisa I have to find a pair of flats that are fancy enough to wear with formal clothes. Tough to do.

Hope to see you all in chat tonite. Have a good day

Cruise Of The Century

Lots of Time, Little Money - Liberty Transatlantic

Carnival Glory
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Morning cruisers. It's another day at the "mill" and then dinner, and bed. BORING! I need a CRUISE!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Thankfully snow never materialized in Calgary yesterday, and forecast for today is high of around 75F.

Have to go to work today.. but if the weather holds, I'm golfing tomorrow!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Happy Hump DAy CMs. tina, prayers for your sister for a easy surgery and a speedy recovery.
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates.

Last night I officially booked my air for the the Magical Mysticism Cruise. I was happy when my airfare watcher went off. I went to United and got an excellent deal. Airfare can be had for under $1000 from Minneapolis. That isn't bad for open jaw from Minneapolis to Hong Kong and Kyoto to Minneapolis. I'm happy.

Today is a cool and rainy day. I should have mowed the lawn yesterday and now I am paying for my procrastination. I will now have to use the lawn sweeper.

Robo: I'm hoping all goes well today.
Mary Lou: Get to work and get that house in shape: On second thought, it's time to take a "management" position.
Tina: I hope your sister has a speedy recovery.
Lombard: I feel for you buddy: Backups, backups, backups.
Kuki: I hope the rash clears up.

To everyone else: I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Morning all, alittle cool here this AM but warmong later today. Taking today off to get all of the fall things done. BIL is coming to visit for a while, he has not been out west for twenty years
Grant
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning gang! Fall is definatley in the air!. It was crisp early this morning, going to be a beautiful sunny day in the 70's. Hauled out the Halloween decorations from the cellar, just have to put them outside.
Old September 28th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning from another sunny-although cooler- Vancouver. Nothing too exciting planned for today.
MikeM-had to laugh re:Kuki's 'rash'. (Had to go back & reread Kuki's post!lol) Not sure what a lawn sweeper is?!
TBug-I hope your sister's surgery goes well.
BW(Bill)-maybe the robber just wanted to get out of the cold for the winter!
VTJen-Oh dear! I hope the envelope turns up soon!
Lombard-good luck with the computer problems!
Everyone-take care. Bye for now. Brenda