Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning from Southern California.

Bronchitis and antibiotic keeps me awake. DH continues to be excited aboutv DSL. Hope it all works out. We'll be in the 21 century at last!

The news here concerns about all the fires. Lots of nasty ones on the west wide. Hope there's nothing in our San Gabriel Mountains. Temps continue to be hot . .. in the 90's.

Feel very strange from the bug and the antibiotic. Prayers go out to all those in need. Willl try to sleep now.

Have a good Friday, everyone.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning Judy and all our friends at CM's.
I hope you and Keith are doing better than average?
I just looked at your profile and noticed that you live in Covina?
My penfriend's (from 1980) parents live (or used to live) in West Covina.
I believe that I had my first ever Burito in West Covina and had my first "In and Out" burger in that area also.
Its a small world after all, eh? (sorry for the Canadian accent )

I thought I was first in posting the TGIF thread, but I was wrong.
I deleted it and added my original post to this one.

<<<
TGIF!!!

I took the day off today (for obvious reasons) and all H3ll broke loose on the faults front.
I think this is because of the Basic Rate problem we are having off the W100 exchange.

I spent the day pondering the meaning of Life the Universe and Everthing.
Funnily enough I came up with the answer which was "42".

I think I need to know what the real question is?

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
>>>

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:53 AM
First Mate

Judy..... I remember the days of fires while living in So. Cal. for many years. The ones that came closest to us was when living in Granda Hills. (LA Co) and one year while living in Costa Mesa (Orange Co) when it seemed all of the county was burning up.

We have the forest wild fires in AZ and last year we had one that came within 1 1/2 miles from Payson before it was contained. That was real scary!!!

Hopefully the Santa Ana winds will die down soon!!
Old September 30th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Judy, I thought of you and Keith when I saw the fires on the news last night.
Liam, I'm glad to hear you took the day off.....sometimes it's a good thing to not do anything but contemplate.
Football game tonight.....go Boone Braves! We're really just there to hear the band!
Angela Z.
Old September 30th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a bit chilly here in upstate NY, but it didn't get cold enough for the frost we were supposed to get. I think it's about 36F out there. Brrrr!

I've got to rest up today, because I've got a ton of work to do tomorrow. I hope my back (and my knees) hold up.

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Much calmer day here. The high winds did not disappoint. Trees and power lines are down everywhere. My husband never made it home. He has now been on the job for a straight 26 hours. I would imagine they would send him home soon. We had plans to go to friends home tonight for dinner and the Red Sox game, but I think I better cancel. We so rarely plan anything fun, now I remember why, this seems to happen everytime.

Last nights game kept me right on the edge of my seat! Yikes.

My neighbors lost a couple of trees. Thankfully the fell across their property and not across the street and on to our house!

I need to drive again today for another field trip for the German Exchange students. I will pick them up, drop them off, go to work, pick them back up and then drop them back off. That will take up most of my day. Then I must do some picking up and laundry. I have some correspondence I need to get to right away too. Hope to really get everything caught up around here and the office during the next week. Thinking I will have more peace of mind if I get more organized.

My thoughts and prayers are with so many of you today. Have seen the clips of the fire in California - the deer running out of its fiery clutches - so scary for them all animal and human alike. Liam - you and Fiona are very much on my mind. I loved the picture of you both - true happiness, you can tell how much you enjoy each other from that photo.

Gotta jet and get ready to transport all those kids,
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Captain

Good morning Everyone!
Wow,Ed! Thats cold! I'm down in the hudson valley and I wanted to put the heat on this morning. Just looked at the weather and it
is 42F here so we aren't to far ahead of you. Big difference from 90 in CA. I heard only one home was lost so far last night on the news.

DH sings in a Katrina concert at school and he was nervous heading off this morning. The good news is that the school has so far raised over $18,000.00. Yeah!
Karen
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Not much on the agenda today. Big games this weekend. RED SOX vs. YANKEES. Don't know if I can survive 1 game, never mind 3. Bottom line is Red Sox NEED to win all three. Can it be done??????

Days are slowly going by until my trip to see my kids in Tampa. Need to dig out the suitcase and start pulling clothes. DH needs to get his golf clubs, shoes and golf travel bag organized. He'll probably do it Wednesday while we're waiting for the shuttle to the airport.

Wishing everyone a great and safe Friday.

GO RED SOX
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates:

Didn't get to post the daily thread yesterday. I left home quite early and had to drive some 200 miles on a business trip, didn't get back till quite late.

Not much happening on the coast these days, see you tomorrow.

Bill
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from chilly Montreal where we have the same temps as Sailin Gal and FastEddie in N.Y. Yesterday's storm brought alot of wind, rain and much colder temperatures! A huge street light at the corner of my daycare street was lying in the road when I passed yesterday morning - with it's outer lights smashed, but it's bulbs still glowing!

Judy, please stay safe from those fires. Is Covina anywhere close to Apple Valley? My aunt lives there.
Liam, you and your sister are in my thoughts as well...
VTJen, I hope your weekend is not as busy as your week!
Nolou, when I get a chance, I might post some more wedding pictures for you!

Meanwhile, I am living without a kitchen. No appliances, no sink, can't even walk on the floor. It's so much fun making breakfast in the bathroom!
Today, the new floor will go down, the bottom cabinets go in, and hopefully the new sink and countertops. I don't want to be without for the whole weekend!

Tomorrow, we are helping my daughter move into her own apartment. I hate moving, but it's gotta be done, so that's where we will be...

Have a good Friday everyone, and TGIF!!!

donna
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning from left central FL ....... beautiful fall morning here.....but it's the same old summer weather, unfortunately....we will get fall in December or January Nontheless, fall cleaning is on the agenda this weekend.

Sorry that you are ailing, Judy....feel better soon..... and fingers are crossed for all of those in the path of these horrible fires.
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!
The sun is shining so much that I know that the sliding door needs to be cleaned today in Avon Park, FL.
Glad to have my "real name" back, thanks to Mike M. There are at least a 1000 ways I could probably thank him, but I'll go with "Thanks so much. I really appreciate it". He is so good to us!

Today is Trevor's birthday (66). He already has plans for us to go to Red Lobster tonight so he can get his Godzilla Lobster Tail. He can only rationalize the cost once a year.

We're about 3 weeks out from our cruise, so finally starting to get some excitement into my voice. We're about to start checking our wardrobe condition this weekend.

Take care for now. And, may all your problems be fixed today!! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Pssssst Pssst... Over here... Checking in... Cloudy in S. Florida. Happy cruising to those leaving. Prayers to those in need. Missing my CM Family! Back into hiding....
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!!! Doing the semi-Doc Dance this morning since my Xpress pass from Celebrity was available for me to print this morning. Crazy season is over at work and all of us survived. Bridezilla 2 is now a week away from the wedding so panic should set in soon. Things have been calm since her initial outbursts, however there is a simmering feud between her and her father's live-in over taking pictures at his house. The live-in tossed all the living room furniture out and kitchen chairs now populate the living room. We have offered our little shack in the woods for pics although we are 50 mi away.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers! I'm in a good mood because I'm getting more excited about our cruises. We've also got the Keys coming up at the end of October.

Booked the Blue Lagoon excursion for Nassau in Nov. yesterday, yeah!!!

Last night we drove to Cocoa to eat and saw the Disney Wonder and the Fantasy in port. I got to wave at the Fantasy and say, "Hey, we'll be on you in about six weeks!" Yahoo!!!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

A very quick Good Morning Mates as we are busier than a cat covering up **** going two blocks after dirt..Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates! Its a beautiful sunny but cool day today!. We lucked out yesterday with the weather. It was windy and raining but no damage, just a few scattered branches on the lawn.

Donna - making breakfast in the bathroom???
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Yes Lisa, making breakfast in the bathroom! I can put on makeup and make my toast and tea all at the same time!
Right now, in my tiny bathroom, there is a kettle, toaster, dishes, cleaning stuff, and a dishrack. My living room, in addition to the usual furniture, now contains a new stove, our old stove, a fridge, a kitchen table and 4 chairs, a microwave, a water cooler, and several sections of brand new countertop yet to be installed.
Hopefully, it will all be over in another week....

donna
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning mates, Wishing you all dreams come true, get well wishes to those who are not feeling up to snuff, and bon voyage to those lucky cruisers. Have a great weeknd and stay safe.
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Donna, thanks for clarifying, i had visions ok won't even go there!
My cousin is in the same situation, she is totally gutting her kitchen, she is cooking in the garage, has a big table set up with the coffee maker, toaster oven, microwave etc. A kitchen make-over is such a huge undertaking and interuption to your daily life, good luck .
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny cool WI. It sure feels like fall today. The leaves are still mostly green, but it won't be long before we see some gorgeous color.

Judy, I hope you start feeling more like your old self. I know you're going to love the speed of the DSL hookup.

Jason, it was good to see your post this morning. You've been missed.

BJ, glad you still have your job. Hope things aren't going to badly with the transition.

Liam, you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from a chilly MI.

Late in posting today becuase I got up, made the kids their lunch, said goodbye, and went back to bed. Couldn't sleep last night.

Got a great deal on a new two year lease for DH. $2100.00 out the door, NO PAYMENTS! Done deal. Couldn't pass that up. All I have to do now is find a car for son. Wish I could buy MicheleP's Jag!! Can u see a 17 year old in that! Um...no thanks! Tired of car problems from his last car.

MicheleP: What did you think of Lost this week? Kinda didn't go anywhere. Hope you feel better.

V.T.Jen- German exchange students? What part are they from? We have a group coming at Easter. They are from Badneustadt. I have two out of 40 staying here for three weeks.

Donna: Just think how fun it will be to cook in that new kitchen!! Everything will taste better.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from Central AZ. A cool morning when I got up....42F and it will probably get up to 82 F under clear blue skies.

We will pack an overnight bag for our trip to the Valley tomorrow. My best man at our wedding way back when....50 years ago. <G> will be celebrating his 50th anniversary on Saturday. Dick and his wife Dixie live in Sun City West and it will be nice to see friends we haven't seen in years. DW and I will spend the night at a hotel on Saturday night and return home sometime on Sunday.

Everyone enjoy your day and have a great weekend.
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cloudy Vancouver. Work later today.
Last night we saw the Nat'l Ballet of Canada's Swan Lake. It was very good & I especially loved the costumes. We were home very late and my husband got 3 1/4 hrs. sleep before he had to get up for work at 3 am!
RD-be careful with all those electrical appliances in the bathroom!
Everyone-hope your day goes well. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where it is sunny but chilly!!!! Was down to the mid 40's again this morning - I love it!

Last minute stuff to do today, work this evening and then I head off tomorrow AM for Quebec!

Have a great day everyone!
Old September 30th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Captain

good moring cruisemates its a prefect day here in mpls blue skies and cool temps were going to get some warm weather over the weekend
i'm geting together with my mom for a long walk and lunch tormmow
hope you have a great weekend