Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Default Disney Wonder Review Day 2 Nassau

Day 2 Nassau

Room service woke us up at 7am and brought the breakfast my daughter had ordered. It was your typical stuff like fruit, bread and jelly. Coffee was okay but nothing exciting. I had recovered from the previous night and the movement was a lot better now. The ship was supposed to dock at 8am. I had planned a trip to the Blue Lagoon Island but my daughter didn't want to go. We headed to the pursers desk but they told us we could only change it to another excursion which we didn't do.
A side note to those that are concerned about all the kids on a Disney cruise. The ship was full and had a lot of kids but we never saw a lot of them. The only time we noticed a "large amount" was at the scheduled character appearances and even then we could have avoided those places. My daughters new friend was still into the taking pictures and taking autographs with all the Disney characters and we bumped into them at the "Princess gathering" in the Atrium Lobby. It was cute to see a lot of little girls dressed up as Cinderella, Snow White etc. I talked to my new found friend and found out they did not have anything planned for the day except get her daughters hair braided. She had the same dinner time but was not happy with her table either since all of the guests where older and had no kids at the table for her daughter. So we decided to see if we could dine together from now on and she said she would call and see if we could do it. This is where we found out we had the same last name! We went back into our cabin to gather our stuff we needed for our excursion. At Disney you have a scheduled meeting time on the ship for all the specific excursions and I found this to be nice. There you showed your tickets, made sure you had ID, got towels etc.Again, very organized! They walked us off the ship and we met our guide that was bringing us to the ferry. The walk was a bit long but I saw a Starbucks and told my daughter on the way back we would have to stop there. The ferry ride was very nice and a band played Caribbean tunes. It was very hot and the sun was beating on us but we did not mind.

Here I would like to thank RDonna and Michelle for the great idea to go to the Blue Lagoon. My daughter loved it and so did I. The water was crystal clear and we just spent our entire time in the water except for lunch. The Blue Lagoon has a Dolphin Encounter and we saw the dolphins when the ferry docked. I had just been to Discovery Cove so I did not want to do the dolphins again. The Blue Lagoon has a few stores and some water toys you can rent. We never made it to the stores. Michelle was right, the food was very expensive but it was included in the price of the excursion. However, the food was not good at all and I kept peeking over to the other side as the Norwegian Cruise line had a buffet set up and the food looked wonderful. Fresh fruit, desserts, fresh grilled meats etc. We talked to someone and they told us the food was very good. Ours wasn't and I do wish Disney would change this. They had given us some drink coupons but it was only good for rum punch or a sugary drink. We only drink water so we had to pay for the bottled water.

We left the island at 2pm and we said we would do this again next time! On our way back we stopped at Starbucks and I got my mints and Iced Coffee. Daughter had something with ice and chocolate. We stopped at the indoors market and picked up some hot sauce for my husband as a gift. Back on the ship we ended up getting a late lunch to make up for the slim pickings at the island. My daughter wanted to rest so I did some e-mails and also called the desk to change my e-mail service. A flat fee was $39 or 0.75 cents per minute. The first time I logged on I spent over $17 and I needed to switch to the flat fee. This was no problem and they credited me the $17. I had not heard from my new friend and wasn't sure if I would see them at dinner time. To our surprise they sat at our table and the other couple from the previous night was there also and looked pretty "perky" too. She felt better and conversation was nice. This was great for the two girls who enjoyed talking to one another. Again, I forgot what we ate. I do remember Disney does not know how to cook a steak medium rare. The first one I sent back, the second one was almost just as bad. I enjoyed the Caesar salad and had it every night. I did not gain any weight on this cruise which is a nice thing I guess. That night was the production of "The Golden Mickeys" and I almost did not go because of the night before. But I am glad I saw it and the rest of the productions were awesome also. They had the red carpet rolled out in front of the theater and the crew posed as reporters and took flash photos of everyone. I am sure it was awesome for the kids!
Afterwards the girls wanted to go to Studio Sea to participate in "Who wants to be a Musketeer?" and we went there. It was set up just like Who wants to be a Millionaire? and the girls had loads of fun. I was getting tired so we headed back to our cabin and my daughter ordered chocolate chip cookies, chocolate milk and iced water. The room service was very efficient and fast. But we never ordered anything else besides that every night and once breakfast. The TV always had some Disney stuff on and we saw Madagascar which I had not seen yet. The TV was a bit of a problem as we could pull it out but not swivel it around. We had to sit on the sofa or bend our necks from the bed. I thought this was rather odd. The ship was moving again and next way was Castaway Cay which brought an injury to me but more about this later!
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Sue, Still enjoying your reviews. keep them coming.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Sue,

I am enjoying reading your log of the cruise. It sounds like a very enjoyable time. We "may" be doing a Disney cruise in a couple of years.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Sue, I'm enjoying your reviews. I'm glad you liked the Blue Lagoon excursion after all. Sorry the food was bad - we didn't actually eat while we were there so I couldn't warn you about that, sorry.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 4th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Luanne Thank you! Mike, considering you have a grand daughter this is a must cruise! Train her early so she will get the cruise bug! Michelle, no biggie. I had to eat soemthing but we just picked at it....
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

great review- full of good information, keep it coming!
Old October 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Sue, enjoying your story. Glad you liked Blue Lagoon. We didn't eat there, we just swam and snorkeled and lay about. Watching the "dance" contest was a hoot too!
Waiting for Part 3!

donna