Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Default Disney Wonder Review...final thoughts and immigration

Disney Wonder Review Arrival in Port Canaveral / Hotel stay

The last morning I had received a paper in our stateroom stating I had to be at the Walt Disney Theater by 6am to clear immigrations. I can only compare this to all of my last cruises and this was very efficient, organized and swift. Every single time I cruised, no one was there on time. Not on the Wonder! Disney had sat up a little cart with coffee, tea and breakfast pastries which I thought was very thoughtful. The line moved fast and in no time I was in front of immigrations. Disney had sat up the same cart for the 6 immigrations officers which was nice. Once it was my turn he looked at my passport, green card and gave me a stamp. He did comment I needed a new card but I could still travel with my old one to Germany, etc., since my old card never expires. Off course I did hear the same question again "How come you are not an American citizen?" I have been here now for 21 years and I guess I never felt the need to do it until 9/11 when I was in uproar and felt like an American.

After that I woke up my daughter and off we went to the restaurant from the previous night to say good bye to our friends and ate breakfast. Afterwards we went back to our cabin, got our bags and left the ship in very slow motion. In front there was the free Raddison shuttle that took us to the hotel. I had taken Jacks suggestion and booked the hotel for one night. We arrived at the hotel around 9am, checked in, went to sleep until 4pm! The hotel was okay and the pool area was very nice and the burger by the tiki bar excellent. The rate had a free breakfast buffet and it was fine. It was a little noisy since we had our room on the first floor but nothing too bad. We checked out later the next day as we had to wait for my husband to get us.

Conclusion:

The service was excellent and the crew very friendly. The food wasn't great but we did not starve either. Room service was very fast and the inside cabin we had was spacious. There was plenty to do and always something for just "adults".I think it's a nice touch to get free soda. I never saw any drunks or females in string bikinis. I would say this is a very family oriented cruise which I like very much. I was a little "worried" to take a Disney cruise and only took it because my 12 year old wanted to go. I did not regret the cruise and I am already looking forward to booking another one for the beginning of next year. We did not have annoying announcements in our cabin and never anyone trying to sell something to us. We "missed" the formal night meaning I did not notice a formal night. I always dressed in black pants and a fancy shirt. I did not notice anyone <including kids> in shorts at any time. The theater productions were class A+.
All in all a great cruise and we will cruise Disney again!
Any questions feel free to e-mail me
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sue,
Thank you for the excellent and very informative review. I did enjoy reading it. It would be great if you copied it and submitted it to the Reader Review section. The information would be valuable to other folks.

I'm just a bit disappointed that you don't approve of string bikinis. I guess I'll just have to leave mine at home for the Century cruise.

Take care and thanks,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Admiral

MIKE!

donna

p.s. Sue, thanks for letting us know how it is over at Disney - a very interesting and well written review!
Old October 6th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Admiral

Mike you are too funny! I thank you for the compliments on my review. It is very difficult sometimes to write everything down in a foreign language and I did use a spell checker for the review. I would like to forward it to the review section but I don't know how ?

RDonna Thank you for always making a nice comment on each review.You are a very caring, thoughtful person You too Mike!
Old October 7th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Captain

Hi Sue,
Sounds great and I wouldn't mind a family atmosphere for a change. You might have just made a sail for Disney here. I also wouldn't mind a 4 day if I didn't have to fly. One day I'll do the 4 day Canada cruise from NY.
K