Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Yeoman

Default Good Sunday Morning

Hi gang,
Been a while since I had a chance to post. School is off and running and all last week I was at High School which meant school started at 7am
Got to see the ships sail out past the skyway bridge in Tampa last night Nice sight!!!! Have quite the to-do list today after church. Have a good one and now I have to read all the boards to catch up
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...busy day for me today.Our friends are coming down from St.Pete and after a discussion my family asked if I can make my famous "Rouladen", red cabbage, german dumplings and lots of german noddles. What ever happened to a simple burger on the grill? So I went to the german store and bought all the ingredients but I still need to get cooking yarn and pickles this morning. The meat has to cook at least 2 hrs and the prep time is a while too. Oldest daughter was here yesterday and will be back again today. We gave Aiden oldest daughters tricycle<sp?> that we had bought her in Germany when she was 2 years old. Oh my, Aiden loved it and he was grinning and smiling so much. We save dit all this time for our first grand child.I will make pictures today to show you guys!

Anne it is so good to see you How do you like staying at home and spending more time with your boys? You might want to consider a Disney cruise with them.I just came back from one and it was wonderful! When are you cruising next?

Have a wonderful day mates
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Captain

Good Morning!

Well is everyone sleeping in this a.m.? I'm having a quiet weekend, which is a good thing! :-)

I'm still settling in after my trip, working longer hours, after having 20 hour weeks all summer, doing 40+ is an adjustment! Does help pay for my Sea Princess onboard bill though! :-) I did 2 cruise credits which added to it, too! :-)

My sister and brother-in-law were here last weekend. We went into Chicago, did a tour (like I hadn't had enough buses/trains)! It was about the Chicago Fire, very interesting.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday!
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning Anne, Sue, Susie and all you sleepy-heads out there. It looks like another warm day here in Orlando, with the temps creeping back into the low 90s today. Where the heck is autumn?

Sue, you've made me hungry. I'd love to have some sauerbraten with noodles and red cabbage. Kim makes a great pot roast, but there's nothing like the rare taste of sauerbraten IMO. I'll have to get over your way and let you cook me up a batch.

Have a great weekend, friends. And if you're cruising, bon voyage!

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today is a rainy and chilly one, contrasted to yesterday which was rainy and humid....Today, I will be finally packing the suitcases for a Thursday departure. I need this cruise badly, as does hubby...We will be meeting up with friends new & old, for a pre dinner bash, so I am really looking forward to that...Prayers going out to those in need...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 9th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Trip, Jack, Susie, Sue, Anne and all who are still sleeping. Nah too late to be sleeping must be at church or something. Sun is shining this morning and according to the weatherman we won't have any more rain till Tuesday. Maybe things can start drying out. I have mushrooms in my lawn.

Waiting for a callback from our homeowners insurance about the leak in the family room. Somehow I just know this is gonna require a bunch of fixing.

Trip you just pack away. I'm sure you and Bruce will have a great time on the cruise. I know how long you have waited to cruise with Al.

We have our next to last Liberty chat tonite cause in 10 SHORT DAYS, we leave for our journey to ROME!!!

Hope everyone has a great day. Oh yeah and GO YANKEES

Cruise Of The Century

Lots of Time, Little Money - Liberty Transatlantic

Carnival Glory
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert, where we finally slept with the windows open last night! Yahoo! The weather predictors say that we have had our last 100-degree day, but they've said that before, so I'll just wait and see!

Since we got home from Alaska on September 8 I haven't felt very well. Actually, I was OK the first 4 days after we got home, but once I got back to work I picked up a nasty respiratory infection which settled immediately in my chest and took almost 3 weeks to get over.

Then I had a regular visit with my physician to monitor my lupus and diabetes, both of which have been very well under control. However, for more than 3 years now, I've had very elevated liver enzymes, of which even a liver biopsy a couple of years ago didn't pin down the cause.

The medication I was taking for the diabetes, which was doing a bang-up job, is contraindicated for people with liver problems, so the doctor stopped the medication and put me on insulin. Today is the 13th day of using insulin, and my blood glucose levels are just going up and up, so, obviously, there is some tweaking to do with the type of insulin and the dose, which she has already changed once. But I feel like heck with these high glucose levels, and it'll be at least tomorrow morning before I can talk with her and see what she wants to do next. Meanwhile, last night I had the highest reading ever since I began monitoring my blood glucose levels 3-1/2 years ago and it is scaring me! I'm going to try to double my usual walk today and see if the added exercise will help control things a little.

I hope all my Cruise Mates have a wonderful Sunday. All of you who are leaving soon for a cruise, Bon Voyage! Those of you just returning, try not to suffer too much from post cruise depression!
Old October 9th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Had to get up early to see the sun.

Susie, it's good to see you posting. I've been thinking about you.

Jennifer, I am sorry to hear that you are having health issues. I hope the doctor can get your insulin regulated, and help you start feeling like your oldself soon. My prayers and hugs go out to you. By the way, I always enjoy seeing your beautiful picture come up on your posts. Makes me smile everytime I see your smile.

Trip, enjoy your packing today. I wonder how many shoes Al is taking.

Tweety, Sue, Jack, Ann and everyone one else, have a good day.

Phyll
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Jennifer, may I add you look radiant in red!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 9th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary again, but temps are in the 50 -60 range... though they say tomorrow may reach 70s.

Not much of anything on tap for today. It's Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada, and son #1 is in town, visiting his girlfriend. Her parents have invited us for Thanksgiving dinner tonight, so I may actually get to see my son
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

Morning everyone. Woke up late, thanksgiving dinner. My sister and family (3 neices) are coming over for dinner so it's gonna be a late one!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

banker
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning, everyone, from Southern California. The sun is blasting through even though the Roman shade is still down.

Trip, I envy you for packing for a cruise.
Jennifer, I'm sorry about your health problems. I'm wrestling with a respiratory infection also (since Sept. 12)

Not much on the agenda here. I do plan to take my DH out of his computer nirvana to go shopping, however. I can assure you he doesn't have Minesota type clothing. We're pushing the envelope as far as the weather is concerned. I hope we can avoid snow.

Have a good Sunday, CM's.

Judy
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Captain

good moring cruisemates another prefect day here in mpls the sun is out and cool temps will go for walk later with my mom trying to get
out as possible before were shut in for the winter trip have a good trip
to our cruisemates in canada have happy thanksgiving to rest have a good day
Old October 9th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates. I slept late today. House was nice and cool, and quiet. Not much planned today. Just a few pick ups after everyone, and then settle down to watch my Falcons, and Nascar.

Prayers to those who need it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 9th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

OOps! its noon time, but Hi CMs. Just wanted to wish all our Canadain friends a Happy Thanksgiving, Bon voyage Trip, and prayers to al who need them. Phyllis I also love your Avatar, you look like a ray of sunshine and we do need that down here, when will you be up to coming down? Hope to see you this time around.
Old October 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Hello,
I just read all the day's posts and my thoughts are with you. I was one of those who went to church, then came home and watched Tampa Bay get beaten by Vinny Testeverde and the New York Jets, then I got beaten by Trevor at Scrabble. He took a nap and I came on the computer. He just told me that Houston and Atlanta are in the 18th inning of their ballgame. We may catch the Yankees game tonight. AND, it looked as if Bret Favre and his Green Bay Packers finally won a game.
How did Buffalo do? fasteddie should have been at that game-I think they were winning at one point.

We are really thinking of our cruise now. I had Trevor in the closet looking at his shirt selection and telling him he better be deciding this week what he's going to take. The countdown will really be in progress the following week and I won't have time to be trying to figure out what he's going to pack. I only have the evenings, with work everyday!

I hope those of you with health issues start feeling better soon. It's no fun not to feel your best.

Oh, I almost forgot. It was mostly sunny and about 90 degrees here in Avon Park, FL. today!! Bye for now. Lynne

Ruby Princess