Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday morning!

Good morning Cruisemates! Happy Monday! So hard to believe that another weekend has come and gone. It was a rainy, cold weekend here in the "Burgh"......and today promises more of the same. Another busy week at work...can you believe, we are still trying to finalize billing for September? That will sure make October go quickly! We did get some good news about Sadie....her biopsy came back as a benign basil cell tumor. So, that is great news. I hope you all have a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's another dreary day (weather-wise) here in upstate NY, but for all of us Buffalo Bills' fans, it's a lovely day. Any time we can beat the Dolphins, it's a great day. Plus, we were lucky that it didn't rain during the game.

I barely stayed awake long enough to watch the end of the Yankees' game, so it looks like the they have to play again today. Dorothy, (and all the rest of the Braves' fans out there) sorry about that heartbreaking loss. What a game though...18 innings! Wow!

Well, it's time to go to work. Ugh!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Cooler, showers and grey skies are on tap here most of the week. Oh, well, I knew fall had to come at some point.

Spent a while catching up on all of the posts from most of Saturday and Sunday. Don't know why I can't seem to find time to get on "puter lately.
Now that my life doesn't revolve around watching the Red Sox I have to find a new routine and schedule. Though I did enjoy watching the Patriots yesterday.

So sad to hear of all the lost lives in Pakistan. So many...

I did make it to the mall - only because my niece and I had to bring our phones to the nearest Verizon store as we were having trouble. The nearest store is a two hour drive - an hour wait to drop it off - 3 hour wait before we could go back to pick it up, another hour wait in line, then a 2 hour drive home. That was my Saturday. We waited at the mall. It was the most disappointing trip I have ever had. I wanted to shop, tried on all sorts of stuff and found nothing. Bought 3 items, none for myself. I just felt everything was so cheaply made, for the cost. Nothing of value or quality.

Tho' I do admit that on Sunday I did do a little on-line shopping at Chowdahheadz (sp) and bought some Red Sox stuff to lift my spirits. Guess I'm still looking for that fabulous fall outfit. Hope my fellow shopping lovers had more success over the weekend.

Just the usual routine here today.

Hope you all have a great day
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning every one

M.L. I'm glad to hear Sadie is going to be ok. what a releif.
It is another cloudy day but a bit cooler since the rains have passed us by.

Our Bucs lost to New York yesterday 12-14 Standing 4-1
Oh well somethims we loose
Every one have a great week.
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...ML that is great news about the dog Yesterday was a nice day as we had our friends over plus daughter and grandson. I did make some pictures but the gallery won't let me post pictures Dinner was great and as I was cooking all the german food I called germany and chatted with my step mother and dad for a while. They had duck that day, my favorite besides goose. I am getting the feeling they are excited for us to come and visit and they talked about our trip to germany. I know the time there will be short,too short that's for sure. WE are trying to go in the summer again.Besides cruises, mission trip to Kenya etc where is the time and money? My dh and I talked about Kenya and maybe not going on the Century cruise.

I hope everybody is having a good day. Dorothy I have read your report about the Miracle.Nice job! Too bad the food wasn't that great and the entertainment lacked also. So far I liked RCL food the best but that was years ago and maybe they changed now too who knows.
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Have a great week everyone.

I heard from Ashley - she called, and sounded great. She has heard the yell of drill sargeants and has attended church and she even gave blood despite the fact that she is terrified of needles. I know she will do well. I am proud of her.She said she has cried twice. Once when she gave blood and at church she said because it was so awesome. She said the drill sargeants haven't made her cry though. Tough girl!!
She has made a great career choice and it will get her out of this state so she can see the world.

Michael is doing well too. Talked to him this weekend. He is taking college classes and keeping very busy. I am so proud of both of my wonderful kids!

LIFE IS GOOD!!! LIFE IS GREAT!!!
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Yeoman

Happy (Thanksgiving) Monday everyone. It's a dreary, wet day here so far. I have a horrible cold, and feel crummy. The kids, and Gail and her hubby are coming here to have leftover turkey dinner because my kids all missed it yesterday at Gail's house. My daughter is moving in 5 days and has barely begun packing. It's going to be a crazy few days.
Have a great day,
Nancy

Sue: Can't wait to see the new pictures.
Carole: You must have been so happy to hear from Ashley. I'm so glad to hear she is doing so well. Your kids both sound like wonderful people and you have every right to be so proud.

Edited because Sue & Carole were posting at the same time as me & I didn't see them till after I posted!

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Very foggy and overcast today, but they tell me the sun will shine and it will be a beautiful day with little or no rain for a change. This is a good thing.

YANKEES WON last nite !!!!! This is also a good thing.

It is now SINGLE DIGITS till we leave for our journey to Rome This is a wonderful thing.

So if you are getting the idea that I'm having a good day, you're right.

Marylou good to hear about the pooch. I'm sure that puts your mind at ease.

Everyone have a good day.

Cruise Of The Century

Lots of Time, Little Money - Liberty Transatlantic

Carnival Glory
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........dark & dreary here....suppose to be nice til afternoon.....we'll see......

Getting ready to head to the hospital......will tell Larry y'all are thinking of him......keep those prayers coming!!! They seem to be working......

Y'all have a good Monday....

Sharon
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Godo Morning Mates...It is a beautiful day here in Hot Springs.

The only way I could have enjoyed the weekend any more than I did..was just be bigger. We had old t imey day at church yesterday and then a little church rodeo last night and it was hilarious.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Gonna be a nice day here.

ML, I'm so glad to hear the good news about Sadie. I also heard on the news this weekend that Pittsburgh and Cleveland tied as the top cities to live in. I didn't hear who had decided that, but looks like you're living in a good place.

Sharon, prayers and good thoughts still going out for Larrry. I'm glad to hear that it sounds like he is improving. Hope he is out of the hospital soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. Here it's Columbus Day and a national holiday. Looks like no mail delivery for us. That might not be a bad thing.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, Its a sunny day in SE Florida. today is our 30th Anniversary, going out to dinner with a few friends. Terrible news over the weekend, SIL has double breast cancer and dear friend prostate cancer. Neither have a good prognosis. If you all could spare a few minutes to send them good thoughts and prayers i would appreciate it.
Have a great Monday.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where the sun is now shining. Guess I slept through the foggy part.
I'm off to the dentist today to have a crown repaired....a great way to spend a day off?
Angela Z.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Eventful weekend. Friday was the wedding, here is my lovely stepdaughter Marla and Marj my DW her equally lovely mother.

I will post a full gallery soon.

Got a new car Saturday a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica.

Mary Lou that is good news about Sadie. Carole, us sergeants only yell at the troops with love in our hearts Best of wishes in her AF career.

Off to do errands. Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Though the temp in Calgary is currently only 30 degrees F, we're headed up over 70 by afternoon.

Heading into work to get a few things done, and then going to slip out to get in what it very likely my last round of golf of the year.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers! Had a nice weekend but now it's back to the grindstone. We don't get Columbus Day off. Oh well.

Gotta go to a doctor's appointment in a few minutes to follow up on my bronchitis. I think it's finally gone, thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A lazy day today, BUT, I swear, I will be packed and waiting by the door tonight, for the cab Thursday Getting all the meds ready, ans I emptied the Freedom Bag...too heavy to shlep nowadays, with weight regulations now.. I took out what is needed and left the 100 ship shampoos and body lotions home More shoes to pack then!

Bruce and I are will be off to do lunch at the Chinese buffet, and if I squint, I know I will feel like I am onboard!.....yayayayayayayay

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2005, 09:52 AM
First Mate

Good morning
Just put the turkeys in the oven for thanksgivihg. The temperature is supposed to go into the 70s today. Family is all coming for an early dinner, DIL birthday was yesterday so we will celibrate that today also. Thinking of things to be thankful for my grand daughter just walked into the room, and my cruise is all booked.
Grant
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:23 AM
First Mate

Good moring mates from Central AZ. Had shower activity over the weekend and it cooled things down. This morning the heat came on automatically as it got down to 42 F.

Diane (oldest daughter) and grandkids left Payson at 3 PM yesterday and arrived home in So. CA. safely. We had a great visit and grandkids had a good time at Rumsey Park after church. The kids were sad because they said they will miss the park as we will be moving to AR the first of the year. I told them they would have fun at our new place next year.

Have a Dr.'s appointment this morning and then back to doing little things in the house getting it ready to list with a Realator sometime this week.

Everyone have a great day and keep safe.
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

A sunny good morning from Southern California. I am loving this weather . . . cool and dry

My DH made a haul yesterday at Nordstrom. I left with nothing. My, how times have changed.

ML, so glad to hear the news about the dog. What a relief.
VtJen, sorry about your lsot weekend. MY DH plans to install a new computer and wants to get rid of me fo the day, so one day this week, I'll go to a mall.
Sharon, give Larry my best. I hope he improves.

It's off to the gym for us, after I get my lazy DH out of bed. Tomorrow I take him for flu shots. I have to wait two weeks because I'm on a new antibiotic. Still can't get rid of the bronchitis, or what ever it is.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Captain

good moring cruisemates ita another sunney day here in mpls not much going on marylou thats good new about sadie i hope you all have a good day