Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Default Golden Princess Review

I notice that the gestation period has ended for my review of our Golden Princess transatlantic repo, and it is now posted in the Readers Reviews section.
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Admiral

AR I enjoyed your review a lot! Having sailed on Princess last year on a brand new ship I found the same problems. Coffee was very very bad, food almost always bad and the service WOW very bad. It is interesting to note at Disney they give you a tray,silver ware, cotton napkins and free juices, soft drinks etc. I compared the Disney cruise to our last Princess cruise and I must say Disneys service was 100%. But the food wasn't that great either and I am wondering what cruise line will have the best food? We have a large credit from Princess if we book again with them and I must tell you we could care less. If we do make the Century cruise I am curious how they will compare to service and food to all the other lines? At least you saw some interesting ports! I agree with you when you stated it was almost insane for some people to fly in the same day! Having gone to Germany many times I know how time differences and the jetlag will affect the first 48hrs. Again, thanks for the review!
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

AR,

I just read your review, and it was very good. I wish it had been better for you. Are you going to post pictures?

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

AR.. an interesting read, thanks!

I sailed the Grand Princess several years ago, and didn't care for it. Even though the same size as the Diamond and Sapphire, they've made big improvements in layout on the newer ships.

I don't think the "drops" you noticed really have anything to Carnival. Past Princess passengers seem to refer to the "Carnivalization" of Princess when complaining about the line, but I think it's entirely Princess' doing... while service on Carnival is actually improving significantly.

I also think that none of the mass market lines are truly consistent from ship to ship. All are somewhat overburdened finding quality, well trained, and devoted staff because so many new ships have come on stream the last few years.

Comments by staff.. like the refusal to get a pax a straw are just a demonstration of laziness. No way I would believe it's "company policy" that the waiter can't go to a bar and bring back a straw!

I'm not certain I'd avoid Princess entirely, but I'd be in no rush to sail the Grand, Golden, or Caribbean.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/