CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Staying at a Hotel,Please watch your kids! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/302569-staying-hotel-please-watch-your-kids.html)

illiniandy October 17th, 2005 02:13 PM

Staying at a Hotel,Please watch your kids!

I have 2 kids (15 & 11), and my Wife & I have raised them to respect others & others property. Went to Indianapolis for a weekend away with the kids & the Hotel portion of the weekend was ruined by Hallway Track Meets, Unattended Kids in the Pool/Hot Tub, and Kids dropping ice from the 8th floor atrium lobby to see how many guests they could cause injuries to. I have trouble with the "kids go have a good time" attitude by some parents. With Amber Alerts increasing, I would think parents would want to know where there kids are all the time, I know I do!

CruisinK n J October 17th, 2005 02:16 PM

Staying at a Hotel, Please watch your kids.

I couldn't agree more. I worry about that on the Cruise of the Century. This subject should be posted on the Cruise Complaints board.

Judy

Kuki October 17th, 2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

This subject should be posted on the Cruise Complaints board.
Well Judy, it's a hotel complaint, not a cruise complaint LOL

Irresponsible parents are irresponsible wherever they are. Though, likely true that most wouldn't allow their kids the same "freedom" if they were in their own home.

Sad huh!

sue October 17th, 2005 05:06 PM

Judy I don't see any connection between the hotel and the Century cruise/ We just came back from a Disney cruise and I NEVER saw any rowdy kids. Most kids are well behaved and there are only a few that are out of controll<thanks to the parents I might add>

rollerdonna October 17th, 2005 11:04 PM

Tyler had better watch himself on the Century cruise - there will be CM spies everywhere! :D
And if anyone sees him behaving badly (and I sincerely doubt that) I want to know about it, OK?

donna

Cruise Cynic October 18th, 2005 01:38 AM

Donna > what of parents behaving badly?It sounds like a possibility this cruise.

LisaK October 18th, 2005 10:00 AM

its only partly the kids fault. The rest of the blame lies with the parents for not teaching what it right behavior and what is wrong, and lack of punishment. I am so sick of hearing "kids will be kids" and "they are on vacation" Common courtesy, respect and knowing right from wrong doesn't go on vacation, and a wrong should be dealt with, with consequences no matter if you are on vacation or not. Ok, ok i will get down from my soapbox now.

illiniandy October 18th, 2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK
its only partly the kids fault. The rest of the blame lies with the parents for not teaching what it right behavior and what is wrong, and lack of punishment. I am so sick of hearing "kids will be kids" and "they are on vacation" Common courtesy, respect and knowing right from wrong doesn't go on vacation, and a wrong should be dealt with, with consequences no matter if you are on vacation or not. Ok, ok i will get down from my soapbox now.

Couldn't agree more :)

Fern October 19th, 2005 06:23 PM

Amen, LisaK :!:

I know that when I was growing up I was expected to behave, no matter what I was doing :!: And there were consequenses to pay if I didn't :cry:.

Luanne Russo October 19th, 2005 06:45 PM

I am starting to get a little worried about my boys on the Century. LOL They are good kids, and I am very proud of them, but the standards are kind of high. I hope the standards won't be any higher for the teens as it will be for the adults. LOL

Luanne