Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from a soggy, squishy Southern California. At 1:30 p.m., today, it was dark as night. In our area, we had almost two inches of rain with more coming tomorrow. Plants and trees will really like all the rain.`

Finished the ironing, gotta change my closets.

Really looking forward to tghe Cruise of the Century

Have a good day, CM's. Love everybody.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Good Morning Judy,,,
And all CM's to follow,,,just checking in on my way to bed. Got back from our week's adventure in beautiful sunny Fla. Guess it rained the whole time we were gone from home.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Yeoman

Good morning Judy & Travelnut and the many CM's to follow. It's wet & cold here too. I guess it must be fall. Time to go back to the islands!
Happy Tuesday everyone,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Admiral

My goodness it can't be Tuesday already. I haven't been to bed yet. 8)

Almost packed now. Just have the clothes to put in the garment bag and the last minute things. Have shuffled and reshuffled the clothes so many times they need to be ironed again but narrowed it down to 1 less large suitcase and a just a small tote as a carryon for me. Believe me that was a lot of shuffling.

Have to go to the bank and get US $$$ tomorrow. Already have my EUROS, then we pick up the rental car and it's off for FLL Wed AM. Booked this cruise so long ago I didn't think it was ever gonna get here but it did.

Will check back after I sleep.

Carnival Glory
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

A very good morning from SE Wisconsin. Not much but work going on here right now. Fall colors are behind schedule here - the crazy weather we have had the last few months, has really wreaked havoc with the trees.

Going to go to bed soon.

Tweety - Bon Voyage!! You are so close to the Liberty now! Make sure you leave it intact (or at least enough time for it to be repaired for when some of us board in Febraury......we actually got CruiseAholic to forego Princess for this cruise!!!)

Have a great day everyone!
Old October 18th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone! Hard to tell what the day will bring when it is this dark outside. Tweety, I cannot believe it is time for you to go.....that time flew by. Have a wonderful trip.
Still extrememly busy at work. I hope you all have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old October 18th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Tweety, we can feel the excitement radiating from Oviedo here to south Orlando! Hope daCoot is feeling better.
Keeping an eye on Wilma. It's looking like it's going to hit south Florida but still to early to set that in stone.
Have a good day all.
Angela Z.
Old October 18th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!!! Had a car wash rage incident over the weekend. I was driving by the local car wash and noticed no one was using the automatic bay so I pulled in, went around back fed my bills into the machine when an elderly frail looking man approached me his face red with anger. "You cut in front of me as*****" he screamed. I had noticed him parked two bays away. I told him as I continued feeding the money into the machine that he was parked over there, not in line. He then screamed (literally) "I was reading the sign deciding what kind of wash to buy, you stupid ba****!!!!" I proceeded into the wash and he pulled up to the bay and leaned on his horn the whole time. He pulled out squealing his tires and flipping me the bird as I was finishing vacumming. After I pulled out I noticed he had pulled in the local Cathloic Church for mass. Go figure.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 18th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

We had some more rain last night (what a surprise!), so my plans to mow the lawn today might have to be postponed. Maybe I'll get a haircut.

DW got a letter from her insurance carrier telling her that her claim for carpal tunnel surgery has been denied. Now they want a second opinion! What makes me mad is that they waited so long to tell her. Now another 2 month wait to see another doctor? What a pain!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Rain is forcasted here again today. At least the wind has died down. I think everyone has had their power restored. Most of the linemen worked 22 hours straight.

Watching the news on the dam in Mass. that is in danger of breaking. How scary. Also the news on Wilma. It surly seems we are in a hard season. Hope everyone keeps out of harms way.

Again, nothing of interest happening here - just the same old routine.

Doug - sorry you had such a disagreeable experience at the car wash.

Ed - sorry to hear about your wifes trouble with insurance. We too are struggling with a similar problem for both my daughter and myself. It is very frustrating indeed.

ML - hope things slow down at work for you

Tweety - best wishes for a wonderful voyage. I know you guys will have a fantastic time.

Hope you all have a very pleasant day,
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a dark east Texas town. Astros gotta travel, keep um in your prayers. Gotta get ready for work. Lately I can't sleep, think it is anxiety over my upcoming long cruise. I'm already packing!

Renee
11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning everybody.

Local newspaper headline news: ''Muggers rob shoplifter of stolen whiskey''. It goes on: '' Victim reports crime but review of liquor store security tapes shows him pocketing Crown Royal.''

``How could you have the nerve to report it stolen when you stole it from the liquor store in the first place?'', asked the judge. ''I figured they never seen me steal it'', replied the shoplifter.

''This is bizarre, to say the least'', replied the judge

Doug: Maybe the angry man went to chuch to pray for his transgression.

Tweety: Bon voyage

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. It is still dark, but suppose to be 91 today. Still looking for that fall weather. I have work today. Going to teach Science. Not much else going on.

Tweety Have a great trip. Everyone who needs prayers, you've got them.

Remember to Love today.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
Running late--when am I never doing so????
Our eyes are on Wilma to see if our ship will get in and back out this weekend. I don't care when we go, as long as we go!
Good wishes go with you on your voyage, Tweety, and others on your sailing. I hope the seas are calm for you.
There was an incident of road rage reported in our paper. The Director of another Assisted Living Facility followed an older lady, after she supposedly cut him off in traffic twice. Once she was stopped at her workplace, he got out and shoved her, and she almost lost her balance. His demeanor changed when he noticed a witness standing behind him. He posted his $1000 bail, but I wonder how long he'll have his position now. A former colleague of mine used to work for him over there and his attitude wasn't the best then.

Have a great day. We will have another magnificent day here in Avon Park, FL before the humidity goes back up and the precip chances start to rise towards the weekend.
Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it continues to be yucky; gray, rainy, and cold. It's really Fall now.
Despite the weather, I am looking forward to my bi-weekly day off. Have lots of things on the agenda, including visiting an Osteopath for my back.
Later, I hope to finish painting the trim in the kitchen. The very last job, installation of the doorknobs, is being done as we speak.
Now maybe things can get back to normal around my house!

donna
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Got bounced back to the forum index again before I could post. This is getting old.

Extremely busy day at work for me, too... in fact, I'd better get to it.

In a week and a day, though, I'll be headed to the Florida Keys! Yippee!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 18th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Morning All:

Beautiful fall day today. Sunny and cool.

Son home with a fever of 104! Man! Do they ever outgrow these high temps. New school policy is papers are to be turned in no matter what. So I have to wake him up, so he can email these assignments in. Kinda pisses me off. I know he is a senior, but they are still kids.

Tweets! It's so close now, I don't know how you can sleep.

Doug-That story is crazy! I think prehaps he is actually in his 40's but looks old and frail because of stress and high blood pressure. People like that age faster. What a shame.

Luanne- Good thing you told me to love someone today! I almost forgot that! Your so cute!

Here's one for you! Do something nice for someone else today that you didn't plan on. Wait...I'm sure you do.

Renee- My step Mom is on that ship right now in the Med! Have a great trip.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from sunny beautiful WI.

Doug, I'm so glad that guy didn't have a gun! Those kind of events are scary.

TBug, hope your son starts feeling better.

Tweety, I'm glad you're cruising soon, but we sure are going to miss you around here.

I got the work done for my crown yesterday at the dentist. Piece of cake! I'm still glad that part is over with. Next week I'll get the crown.
Think I'll go to WalMart this morning before breakfast and look at those atomic clocks. Sounds like a great idea.

Have a good one all and stay safe.
Phyll
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.................dark & drearey here.....suppose to be sun this afternoon tho.....

Off to the hospital for Larry to have his 5th plasma exchange.......he doesn't seem to be doing as well as they had hoped.......maybe today will be better........please keep him in your thoughts......

Y'all have a good Tuesday......

Tweety.........have a great time!!!!

Sharon
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Admiral

It's pouring rain in my section of "Sunny Southern California" too! Which is fine with me....just got home from my overnight shift and now it's my bed time! Easier to go to sleep when it's a nice rainy day rather than bright & sunny, but I feel for those commuters having to travel thru this heavy rainstorm! As everyone knows, Californians dont' know how to drive in the rain, most of them go just as FAST as when the roads are bone drive!

Have a good day, everyone, and good night!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, Its a lovely day again, but now they say we are watching another possible hurricane. I wish Mother Nature would cool it, enough already!! People on the west coast of Florida please keep an eye out for what might be headed our way. Tweety and all the others on that CM cruise Bon Voyage!
Phyll, I love my new atomic clock, even the alarm is peasant! BW, thanks for the mornig laugh, that just tickled my funny bone, people are amazing at what they try to pull. Fast Ed, Ellis went thru the same thing with his insurnace and he needs his hands for using his cane. He finally after about 3 years or wrangling got both wrists done and what a difference it has made. Good luck to your wife. Just keep bugging whoever it is that is holding it up, if you don't they forget about you. As my mom used to say the squeeky wheel gets the oil. Wishing you all a great day.
Old October 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Admiral

The guy at the car wash was definitely old and frail. Once punch from either of us and he would has disintigrated on the spot.

Phyll - Wasn't too concerned about a gun, the recoil from the firing would have knocked him flat on his bum and he would have hit the car wash sign.

There is a certain type of elderly men in our area who were probably bad dudes in their youth and still believe they are. This was one.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 18th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny Vancouver! After all the rain we have had in the last few days I can't believe it is sunny! I still have got a headache-of course it worsened yesterday with the horrible day I had at work(early shift duties)!
The school teachers are still on their illegal strike. This is starting to get me mad!
Doug-maybe he was the priest!(Just kidding!) Glad you don't live in Florida!!
Phyll-glad to hear the crown prep was a piece of cake. I think you are the first person to ever say that!
Sharon-please say hello to Larry and I hope things get better for him.
Tweety-have a great time & it sounds like you did well with the packing!
Everyone-hope your day goes well. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another sunny day in Calgary, with temps around 60F.

Went to the Dr. this morning to refill some prescriptions before the trip. He gave me heck because I gained 1lb. in the past 3 months, since my last visit. TOUGH crowd, I told him!

Also got my flu shot, so now I'm good to go. And READY to go! Why do I have wait until Thursday?

Nice to see some "new folks" joining in the good morning thread. Wishing everyone a wonderful Tues!