Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Yeoman

Default Why Dogs are better than Cats

I have both, and this is so funny (and true)

Why Dogs Are Better Pets Than Cats:
===================================

Dogs will tilt their heads and try to understand every word you say.
Cats will ignore you and take a nap.

Cats look silly on a leash.

When you come home from work, your dog will be happy and lick your face.
Cats will still be mad at you for leaving in the first place.

Dogs will give you unconditional love until the day they die.
Cats will make you pay for every mistake you've made since the day you
were born.

A dog knows when you're sad. And he'll try to comfort you.
Cats don't care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can opener is.

Dogs will bring you your slippers.
Cats will drop a dead mouse in your slippers.

When you take them for a ride, dogs will sit on the seat next to you.
Cats have to have their own private basket, or they won't go at all.

Dogs will come when you call them. And they'll be happy.
Cats will have someone take a message and get back to you.

Dogs will play fetch with you all day long.
The only thing cats will play with all day long are small rodents or bugs,
preferably ones that look like they're in pain.

Dogs will wake you up if the house is on fire.
Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.

Explorer of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Admiral

Rebel

That is funny but I beg to differ (even tho this is a joke thread) as a cat lover.
The only reason I have never owned a dog is....
Dogs C@$% anywhere and every where they please.
Cats bury their doo doo's.

PS I would love to own a Chihuahua. They are sooo cute!!!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I am a dog person.....but a couple of months ago, my brother moved back in and brought his cat with him. After time, we learned the heirachy in the house now. Dog is first, but Cat challenges him and gets beaten down repeatedly (dog outweighs cat by about 80 pounds and barks much louder than the cat meows.) Dog has finally figured out that Cat is fascinated with him and not shy of him.

But, I am coming to love that darn cat!
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Admiral

love it! being that i am a "dog person". Cats are cute, especially little kittens but i am terribly allergic to them.
Old October 18th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Admiral

From Isabelle the Shih Tzu and Sofia the Poodle:

High Paw!!!!!!

From Oliver, Gracie, Mary Jane, and Sunshine the cats:

Die inferior human scum!!!!

Our Little Gracie is Growing Up!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have a cat and I was always very allergic to them but for some reason the manx or bobtail cats I'm not allergic too. I have a male Manx and he is so sweet!!! And he does play but I can relate very well to the joke as I only had a dog growing up and loved Toni (dog) but with jobs the way they are I couldn't own a dog and come home to let it out durind the day so hense the cat... Came from the kill shelter and he is awesome - couldn't imagine killing such a great cat! Debbie
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have both animals my cat is 10 years old orange female tabby with white she is beautiful and my dog is an 18 month old 64 lb chocolate lab you should see them together. I love them each for different reasons. Sometimes my cat acts like a dog. I work at home and she is always comingin to be with me in my office while I am working. We also have a crate for the dog who is crate trained and during the day when the dog is not in the crate it is the funniest thing she likes to sleep in the dogs crate. The have these mock plays where the dog doges the cat swiping at her( my cat is declawed) and the cat takes swipes at the dog but they only do this when either my husband and I am are watchig them. When they think they are alone they do not play they get along. It is too funny. But anyway I love them both for different reasons and they both make my life worthwhile!! Enjoy these psotings
Old October 20th, 2005, 10:09 PM
First Mate

Dog lover here. I have a 4 year old 95 pound chocolate lab (Moose). I lost my precious Bear back in June to lymphoma. He was a 3 year old 115 pound chocolate lab. They used to rip through my house playing and chasing each other, I am surprised I still have a house left. They knocked me down the stairs once!
Can't Wait Till Mariner of the Seas 6/08
Old October 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Admiral

This topic caught my attention because several years ago I was in a public speaking class associated with my workplace. One of the types of speeches we had to give was an Impromtu--spur of the moment. We had to draw the topic out of a box or jar or something and mine happened to be, "Why Dogs Chase Cats".
I can't tell you how I handled that-it was back in the 1980's=but I can imagine that one answer could be that "it was fun"!
Goodnight! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:18 AM
Captain

daffy is my frist kitty and she is real sweet heart some of the things
she does will make you luagh she can also be a real dirtybag its like
a kid in a fur sute but i sure love her alot she has add alot to my life
i'm going to keep her
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:43 AM
Admiral

Jeleja,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog....our precious German Shepherd Honey has just been diagnosed with colon cancer, and unfortunately there is nothing they can do. We lost our Blue Point Himalayan last year while we were away on a cruise. Not a good return home...

Amazingly enough, she shows NO signs of any discomfort! Still loves to go for walks, has a good appetite, and seems to have no problems. *I* am the one who is suffering!! We've had her since she was a puppy and is now 14 years old.

Honey also has her dog, Reba, a red collie, and we also have our Chocolate Point Himalayan Fat Nitten who rules the house!

Never a dull moment here.....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM
First Mate

Jean S
Thank you..and I am so sorry to hear about your precious Honey. Bear lived 9 months after his diagnosos with the help of weekly chemotherapy. He tolerated the chemo well. 8 of the months were good ones, the last one was 'iffy' but when I could see his life quality was getting bad, I did right by him and did what was humane. Enjoy your time with Honey, hopefully you will have many more good months together!
Old October 21st, 2005, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

My heart goes out to all who have lost a pet or has a sick pet. I am dreading when my cat(10years old chloe(moo) for short)and ,my chocolate lab 18 months (her name is KONA) They are both my babies and I adore both of them!! Kona was just sitting next to me on the couch a few seconds ago, My husband and I taught her a different command when we want her to retrieve something we throw. When we throw the item we say " HUNT" and after she has it in her mouth we say "RETREIVE"
She has adopted these as her commands and she is a wonderful retirever(no surprise there of course) But I feel for everyone of you and hope that you can make the bext of the remaining time they have left!!
Old October 21st, 2005, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Jeleja and JeanS - I am so sorry for what you have been going through. We lost our amazing Tasha - a yellow lab pound puppy - a couple of years ago to cancer. She went completely blind overnight. We didn't even notice it for a couple of days - we just thought she was being clumsy.
She did very well just following our other dog. But I noticed when I called her she sort of looked past me - very heartbreaking. She was only five years old. Gemini - pound puppy number one - is pushing 12 now - but seems to be in pretty good shape for an old gal - though you could put a saddle on her chubby backside

The vet said her cancer and spread through her whole body - the saddest thing was we had her to our regular vet (of several Years) for a check up just weeks before - guess he didn't do a very good job. The new vet said it was easy to spot just by listening to her heart and lungs. Needless to say we changed to the new guy permanently.

We have since rescued another pup - Bear is now almost three years old and a joy - most of the time- border collies are way to smart

I love my cats dearly but they don't offer the uncondtional love that dogs do - they mostly just sit on the book when you try to read in bed

Take care all - and give your furry and feathered friends lots of hugs and kisses.

ttfn Jennifer
Old October 21st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Thanks to Jeleja and Hazelson for your nice thoughts about our pets. Funny that at work they give us bereavement time when a family member passes away. I am going to NEED lots of bereavement when my pets pass away! And just WHO is to say that I am NOT their Mommy! hee hee!!!

The love that pets give can be so comforting and sweet, what more can I say!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 21st, 2005, 06:03 PM
First Mate

JeanS
That is so true. I ALWAYS refer to myself as Mommy to my dogs (and my 2 human kids too :-) ). When my Bear passed away I took a week vacation and could have used more. I was very depressed for a long time and actually I still have my crying spells sometimes..

hazelson
Very sorry to hear about your Tasha. Your story was was heartbreaking. Sad that your vet didn't catch it earlier. I am glad you found a more competent vet. My Moose is a pound puppy too. Before Bear's illness I was very involved with a rescue group. Moose was one of my foster dogs who I just couldn't part with.
Old October 21st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Admiral

We have a number of each, not to mention birds too. <G> They are all unique in their personalities and give many hours of enjoyment when we watch them. The cats and dogs get along great and I think they actually really like each other. The only time we have a problem is when JJ the Bengal cat is corrected for doing something wrong he gets ticked off and goes and looks for the youngest dog and slap the heck out of him! De-clawed but he does hit hard and chases him all over the house. <G>
Jim