CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Preparation for our Transatlantic Cruise LIBERTY (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/302631-preparation-our-transatlantic-cruise-liberty.html)

rayb October 18th, 2005 02:48 PM

Preparation for our Transatlantic Cruise LIBERTY

You may know it but we in Florida are watching the Weather People very closely. They say that Wilma is projected to come our way. It is late in Hurricane Season but These Gals don't seem to understand. We Don't want any more storms period.

But we have to prepare our property for what ever may come. We do not know as of now for sure that Wilma will come into Central Florida SO we prepare for Her if and when she may come and do harm to us. I have removed all furniture, plants etc from our porch (Patio). Put it all in the garage. Put the benches into our shed. We feel they will be safer there. And they wont be blowing around.

We had to do all this even tho She may not come out way.

We are packed and will fly on Thursday on our way to Rome.

rburke October 18th, 2005 02:57 PM

I hope all goes well for you so you can enjoy what I'm sure will be a great trip.
Bob :D

nolou525 October 18th, 2005 03:38 PM

Ray and Helen,

Hope Wilma doesn't come your way while gone. I hope it goes away completely as my 2 kids are in Tampa at college. They went out today to get some water, granola bars, etc. just in case.

As for your trip, I hope you and Helen, along with all my CM family have a fantastic and safe cruise.

Kuki October 18th, 2005 03:40 PM

I'm hoping Fred and Barney and Betty call ole Wilma and head out to play harmlessly into the mid Atlantic!

C ya in Rome, Ray!

Luanne Russo October 18th, 2005 04:23 PM

Wow Rome....... They asked me today what I was going to do tomorrow. I told them grocery shop. Would love to tell them I was going to Rome. LOL LOL

You guys have a great trip.........

We will surely be thinking of you...

Luanne

CruisinK n J October 18th, 2005 05:09 PM

Preparation for our Transatlantic Cruise in Liberty

Yes, Luanne, I wish I were flying to Rome as well. :cry:

Bon Vpyage, Ray and Helen :!:

Judy

fllady October 18th, 2005 05:38 PM

Bon Voyage!! All us Floridians are praying for a change in course, lets think positive, Wilma will not come this way!

susancruzs October 18th, 2005 07:12 PM

I'll be thinking of all you mates and that wonderful transatlantic crossing!
Ahhh, all those sea days, marvelous! :-)

I hope this one just heads out to sea and forgets about land fall, enough already!

Bon Voyage and enjoy!

CruiseAholic October 18th, 2005 07:16 PM

Now Ray .... there is ONE way around this....there is a house around the corner from me you could buy and move into?

Give up storms for snow !

Have a great time, don't do anything I wouldn't do and ....give that lovely gal of yours a big hug for me !

Lisa October 19th, 2005 12:12 AM

Bon Voyage, Ray and Helen!!

I sure hope Wilma steers away from Florida all together - and I hope that you have someone who can check on your house for you while you are gone.

Can't wait to see your pics from the Liberty Cruise!

VTJen October 19th, 2005 06:12 AM

Glad you had time to prepare for the storm as well as the trip. The way I procrastinate, I'm sure I wouldn't have had time to do both. A good lesson for all of us - remember to make room for emergencies.

Truly hope all is safe at home while you are gone, and that you have a wonderful Voyage.

Tweety October 19th, 2005 07:02 AM

OK, have put all plants and small objects away and just hope the storm is kind to Florida. 'da Coot' is having a stress attack because we won't be here to guard the dog and the home.

Last minute preparations being taken care of right now so we can leave.

Mgram October 19th, 2005 07:32 AM

Yep.......hoping Wilma calms down and only presents a minimal problem here in what SHOULD be the SUNSHINE STATE! Glad to hear that Ray and Tweety have made as much outdoor prep as they can before taking off. Have a wonderful cruise!