Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning!

Good morning, CruiseMates. I didn't see a good morning thread so I hope I am not duplicating one. Busy morning here at Cruisemates....Tweety is about to leave for her much anticipated cruise...BonVoyage Tweety and Harry. Mikey is a grandfather again...CONGRATS Mike and Betty! Rollerdonna has a grandkitty...congrats RD. Me? Just the same old, same old. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Happy trails to all the Rome cruisers....sigh....sounds like it'll be a great trip.
Lots of same old same old here too Mary Lou although I'm a little concerned about Wilma and our weekend.
Angela Z.
Old October 19th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Beautiful sunrise this morning over Brooklyn and Queens from my 27th floor perch. MikaLyn my just about 17 year old stepdaughter was out last night when I got home diligently practicing her parallel parking in anticipation of her upcoming road test. Now if only she would attack her school work with equal fervor. Please keep my sister and brother-in-law in your prayers as they are vacationing in the Keys with Hurricane Wilma a Cat 5 monster possibly heading that way.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 19th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I finally got my lawn mowed last nite. In most spots it was about 6" tall. What a mess it was after all that rain. But things are looking up. I had to scrape my windshield this morning. It is 36F out there. Brrrrr! That should stop all the plants from growing.

Got to go to the dentist's to get my teeth cleaned after work. After that, it's time to watch the ball game.

Bon Voyage Tweety!

Have a great day, everyone!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Still raining here. Supposed to get a break on Thurs and Fri, then back to rain for the weekend. Water levels here continue to rise.

Nothing new here to report. Held our Church Annual Business Meeting. Out of a church of almost 200 people we had 7 show up, kind a sad, but makes my job easier.

Well, should motivate and get to the gym for my PT routine, not gaining much ground. It is discouraging.

Have a nice day, stay safe.
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates:

Interesting newspaper story: Does car-horse collision fall under N.B. insurance cap?'' Lawyers, insurance industry watch closely as lawsuit following local accident works its way through N. B. court system.

''If a car collides with a horses crossing a road, is it a car accident or a horse accident?''

This lady was driving her car when horses ran into her path. She collides with at least one of them, damaging her car and injuring herself.

''Its a very, very technical case in terms of the interpretation of the insurance act'' says one of the lawyers.

From what I can understand, the interpretation has to do with what would be the insurance cap.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Morning All:

Today is Mom day. Taking my mommy to a bunch of appointments, g-shopping, banking and of course lunch.

Prayers to all those in Wilma's path. My step Mom is in Port Charlotte, but she is on a cruise in the Med. right now, and probably doesn't know.

Dorothy: My daughter said, "great idea, it'll be good to hangout with someone"! She'll be in touch with him. She can't wait.

Have a great day.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Captain

Good morning,
A day off for me to clean the house and try to make a loaf of bread. Studies show that baking is an unconscious desire to have a baby. That is why the Pillsbury dough guy has a round belly.
Speaking of babies, I saw the post of a new grandchild but didn't read yet. Must go and check that out.
Karen
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. The sun is shining so it's a beautiful day. No more water in the basement so I think we can start to put stuff away.

Watching Wilma very closely. My kids are all set if it does it Tampa hard. I checked the path projection this morning and it looks like it moved more south of Tampa. Hope everyone in the path is getting prepared.

To all CM Liberty cruisers--have a great and safe trip. Enjoy.

Doug--your sister and BIL are added to my list. As is your stepdaughter. Teaching a kid to drive is nerveracking.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Hello!
It is eerily quiet here in Avon Park, FL. No sun, no breeze. Hmmmn. Our rain chances start going up this afternoon. The Gulf is still OK for boating off Tampa TODAY,but will start turning a tad choppy tomorrow.
We have no "News" to report, but are anticpating the arrival of Trevor's grandchildren , well mine, too, next week. They are my step-son's children. Remember, Josh? He was here in June. His whole family is moving to the Orlando area after years of threatening by their mother to do it. It will be nice for us, as, we've missed most of their formative years. Josh and I instant messenger a lot and even play scrabble online. It will be nice to have them closeby.
We are also watching Wilma closely. Our Star Princess sails on Sunday and the roll call group has been feverishly debating what to expect. I remember something along this same line last year!!!! Sue, I think we'll get the shortened cruise this year We can drive down to Port Everglades but I feel bad for the people with airline reservations. And, I hope that our ship gets back into port sometime Sunday!!

That's it for now. This week is consumed with prepcruise countdown mode and packing.
Have a wonderful day! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Last good morning post for the next 21 days. Can't believe it's here finally. So I have to say it's not just Same Ole, Same Ole here.

Just chatted with CruiseAholic and he told me to only do what he would do. That leaves me lots of playing room. 8) 8)

Like Kuki said, I sure hope Fred and Betty and Barney come take Wilma away somewhere. We have done whatever we can to button up the house and now just have to hope Wilma is kind to us all.

Catch you all in 3 weeks. Stay safe and play nice.

IT'S TIME.......NO MORE SLEEPS

Carnival Glory
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Bye and Bon Voyage!! Hugs!! Lynne (Welcome back if you didn't see this before you go!) Love, Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Captain

Good Morning and Bon Voyage to the Liberty Gang!

Not much going on here in NE Illinois, other than weather changes from mild to more normal, maybe we'll get some much needed rain, still very, very dry.

I'm on standby for going to work today, depends on what comes in the mail, may work 4 hrs. this afternoon but then again maybe not!

I've really got the urge to plan another big trip but a little early for Spring 2007! Yes, I have PCD!

Hope everyone has a great day and that Wilma loses some strength, as in go away Wilma!
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from central Texas. It is going to be another hot one here. yuk! I guess no work so I will do my unpaid job. Tweety have a great time and all other cruisemates. Mike, great news, prayers to those who need it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Hey Liberty cruisers.......have a blast, but leave the ship in good shape for the PHLAMINGO cruisers in PHEBRUARY.....which also includes Mermaid's PHAMILY!!! Yep, Tweety......you have been given carte blanche for a great time.....we expect you to do CA proud!!!

Been away on a land cruise the past couple of weeks.....back now to a pile of laundry......that should only happen when a cruise is involved. I did meet up with CA, DJ and their new pups......ADORABLE.......love at first sight....and the guys are such great 'Dads'.
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Bon voyge to the Liberty CM's
Have a wonderful cruise.

We are batting down the hatches here, in hopes that &%#@&*( wilma goes somwhere else..
My dd and her hubby are on the Royal Carrib somewhere in the Atlantic.
I hope they can make it home to Lake Placid by Sunday. with the storm coming from the west and crossing Florida's south sections. It doesn' look good. Watching closly.
same old here today too.

the ones left here will have to keep the boards running if only half full
Have a good day.
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where there is a strange light in the sky, that we haven't seen for over a week... could it be the sun? It's still cloudy and cold, but at least it's stopped raining!
Enjoyed my day off yesterday, running errands, shopping with my daughter, taking both kids out to eat, and visiting with the new kitten.
I also saw an Osteopath, who did more for my back in one hour than all the rest and painkillers did in a week!
Today, it's back to work, and tonight it's LOST! Can't wait for that.

Oh, and my kitchen is officially finished!

donna
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Getting ready for the big blow here in South Florida, looks like it's coming through our back door. Prayers going out to those in need. Happy Sails to the lucky cruisers. I miss being able to post regularly but am always lurking.
Now you all play nice!
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from sunny windy WI.

Bon Voyage to all our Liberty cruisers. Hope you will check in along the way, and let us know about all the fun you are having. We'll miss you.

RD, I'm glad to hear that the doctor did you so much good yesterday.

Keeping my eyes on Wilma, and praying it does decrease in strength as they are predicting. Wish that thing would just evaporate and avoid everyone. Enough already!!!!

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yeoman

Jason: Your kitty just scared the heck out of me...haven't seen him in so long and then he jumped at me from the bottom of the good morning thread!

To all the cruisers, stay safe, have a wonderful time.
To Wilma: GO AWAY...leave everyone alone!!!!!
All CM's: Have a good hump day

Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs from SE Flroida. I think we have a large target painted on us, and its not funny anymore. For all Floridians stay safe and be prepared. Bon Voyage to all of you lucky cruisers and congratualtions Mike on the new baby. gotta run and get some supplies in so we can eat and i definitely need chocolate to keep me calm.
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............fall is here!!!

Tweety, Ray & all the rest of the Liberty cruisers....have a GREAT time!!!!

Not much going on today......just waiting & seeing.....

Y'all have a great Wednesday

Sharon
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I am officially back home. My new grandson, Reicker is doing well and my daughter, Melissa is doing just as well. Grandma Betty is still over at their house and will help out for a bit.

I scared many South Dakota pheasants on my hunting trip and Kramer performed in championship form. His ability to find birds is sometimes to the point of uncanny. When the other dogs could not find a bird, Kramer got it, every time.

I have to say Bon Voyage to the Liberty Cruisers. You all have a safe and fun time in Europe. I wish was joining you but now it is definetly out of the question. Grandma will be "carin" for the baby for a week to come.

Well, time to get a bit of sleep, wash half of South Dakota off my truck, and then install SpellCheck on this machine.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another sunny fall day forecast for Calgary, though someone used the 4 letter word for tomorrow's forecast. s-n-o-w.

Going into work this morning, but am going to make it a half day so I can supervise Mrs. Kuki's packing this afternoon.

1 sleep and we're GONE!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates from work. Had 2 wonderful days off (hunting)and enjoyed every minute of it. It has been so hot that we could only stand it up around 10am or so.

Bon Voyage to all of you who are sailing in the next few days. Hope your seas are calm and you nerves are acting up ..
Prayers to all those in the wake of hurricane Wilma and pray that it is the last for many many years. Prayers to all the others in need also.

Have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
JASON...good to see you posting again. Have you been a good boy?
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:19 AM
First Mate

Good moring mates from Central AZ. Received nice rain showers the past two days and we really needed the moisture. Today is just a beautiful Fall Day with bright sunshine and clear blue skies.

This morning a bunch of Realtors will come thru the house to look it over. Be interesting to see if we get any offers while cruising and visiting the kids in So. Ca for next 17 days.

Today will be spent getting errands done and getting my suitcase packed. DW packed hers yesterday. She is so efficient!

We leave Payson on Friday to drive to So. Ca., spend the night in San Pedro and board Crystal Harmony Saturday. The time has finally come!!

For all you Liberty Cruises....have a great cruise and super time onboard.
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from an overcast Southern California. Yesterday, Mother Nature was still cranky . . . lots of showers. I was so sorry to see that Wilma has become a Category 5. Take care of yourselves, all of you in its path.

Bon Voyage to those lucky CM's getting ready to board the Liberty. Have a wonderful time. I hope somebody remembers to post a message here and there.

Keith will attend his retirement club luncheon today. His good buddy will pick him up. Boy, when he gets his liscense back, he'll owe a lot of rides and a lot of grocery trips I get to go shopping ... yiippeeee

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy

Judy