Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Default Disney Wonder Review from daughter age 12

Here is my daughters review Cynthia age 12.I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did!

Disney Wonder. 4-day cruise. Nassau and castaway cays:

I went on a Disney cruise with my mom.{im 12} I had a lot of fun and a great time.

This is my third cruise and I think this one is my favorite so far. When I went on the other cruises { rccl & princess) It took a while to get your paperwork and everything, but it didnT take long at all. We even got an upgrade!!! Yay. We had to wait until 11:00 to get on, so we sat down and waited. There were Disney movies playing, and a model of the cruise ship that showed chairs, beds, and everything. When we got on the ship they asked us what our name was, and then they welcomed 'The Evans Family' onboard and were all clapping.

****Pools****
*There are three pools. The Mickey pool with a slide, which is more for the younger kids.
*The goofy pool, which isn't very big, but its fine, is the family pool. This is the one we went in. we only went in once, we didnT really have any time to go in! Lol
*Then the adults only pool which looked nice {I cant go in to young}.
*There were also two hot tubs at the adult pool and the goofy pool. I never went in them though.

****Room****
This time we had an inside cabin. I am use to a balcony which I just love, but we only had two people so It made sense to get an inside. But it was still very nice. Comfy beds, couch, lots of drawers and space to put your stuff in, and a TV. The TV was so frustrating because you could pull it out, but not around. so to watch it you had to sit on the couch. But Thats fine. I only watched TV at night or in the morning if I slept in. Every night we would have a different towel animal on our bed with chocolates. I think we had a dog, a monkey, and a lobster. They were awesome. So all in all the room was fine.

****Nassau****

On the second night we arrived on Nassau. We booked the Blue lagoon Island. We all met in a room to get our tickets and to meet our guide to the ship. We walked a bit to the docks where the ferry was to take us to blue lagoon. It took about 35 min. to get there. It was amazing! I didnT really want to go at first. But I am glad I did. The water was crystal clear, they had water rides and snorkeling but we never got there! It was amazing! We went to get our free food. which wasnt that great. We also had free drinks, but only fruit punch which I had. But my Mom only drinks water so she had to buy a bottled water. We had to leave we got back on the ferry. there were two times you could leave, 2:00 and 4:00, but since we had early dining we had to leave earlier. We stopped at Starbucks on the way back and we also bought hot sauce for my dad. If you go on a Disney cruise, you just HAVE TO go to blue lagoon. It was the best part of the whole cruise!! (Hint: wear sun tan lotion. I didnT. I was a lobster for 2 weeks!!!}

****castaway cay****
The next day we arrived at castaway cay. My Mom had originally booked a cabana massage, but while on the cruise we met someone. A nice lady named Deb and her daughter mallery{11}. They are very nice and even have the same last name as us!!! Well, they were doing the snorkeling excursion. And I also wanted to do this. So my Mom canceled her massage and we went snorkeling with them. They take you on a boat for about 10-15 min. to the reef. When you get there they tell you to put on your fins and goggles. You got an hour to snorkel and then we all went back. It was fun. We even saw a turtle swim buy! When we got back to the island we had the banana boat ride. Now my Mom HATED it!! But I enjoyed it very much. It was fun and exciting. But then you see the barracudas and you hope the ride ends. I am kidding. After that we went to the beach but the water was muggy and something kept stinging us. so we decided to go. We left the island very very tired.

****Restuarants****
*The first restaurant we went to was parrot cay. Which had parrots all over the room {fake} and also bird sounds. In the morning its a buffet. But at dinner its a regular restaurant. We sat at a huge table with an older couple and a few other people. But some of them saw there friends and asked to sit with them. so it was just us and the couple. The wife didnT feel well, because the ship was rocking a lot so they left a little bit earlier. My Mom doesnt remember what she had, but I had roast beef and mashed potatoes. It was good, but not great. We were so tired and getting sick that we decided to leave. I fell asleep right away but unfortunately my Mom was seasick.

*Then there was tritons. It was the theme of The little Mermaid. The lights would go from light to blue to a little red. It was very nice. I think I had chicken fingers. This time we got our friends to sit with us so we were talking to them the whole time. my Mom got a steak but it was way overcooked so she sent it back. Then second one wasnt as bad but still over cooked. Mallery got a pizza which she loved!!! We also got a Caesar salad {all of us} every night because they were so good! We got dessert sorry I cant remember what it was.

*Then there was Animators palette. Which I was really looking forward to. We got there and there was pictures on the wall all in black & white. But as the songs changed in the background, different pictures would light up. Our picture was Cruella devil. And when dessert was out all of the pictures lit up along with the rest of the room. The waiters all changed into colored outfits!

*Then there was pirate day in Tritons. They all dressed up as pirated and I bought eye patches for me and Mallory. The menu was like a treasure map which they let us keep! The dessert was delicious! It was a 'Walk of the plank triple layered chocolate cake and land in chocolate fudge' which sounded so good and tasted great! I had mozzarella sticks for dinner which was very good.

****Shows****
The shows were amazing, what do you expect, there Disney!

*The first show was Hercules The Musical. It was fine, but also kinda boring. Lets just say it wasnt the best one.

*The second show was The Golden Mickeys. This show was very excellent. It showed clips from Disney movies and was great to watch.

*Then I saw A comedian/tranquilatrist. I forgot exactly who it was, but my Mom didnT want to go so I went with friends that we met. It was hilarious! My Mom probaly should have gone!

*Then Disney Dreams. This was the best show of them all, and I am glad I didn't miss it! If you go on a Disney cruise you have to see this show.

There was also a Pirates Party after dinner on the third day. There was pirate style dancing, lots of characters and fireworks. Then there was a small buffet afterwards. It was fun, and tiring!

****The Kids club****
I went to the Oceaneer lab once. It was fun and a lot to do. When I went on the princess cruise they just had us sit down in front of a TV and play video games all day. But here it was way different. They played movies, had bead sections, drawing sections, movies, and video gams. There were also special things. One thing I did was the animation cell, were you drew and painted a Disney animation cell. There was also a day to make flubber but it was during the Pirates Party so I didn't go. The Oceaneer lab had things to do for everyone.

All in all the Disney Cruise was a blast. They had lots to do, sometimes to much to do. My favorite was DEFINATELY, no-question about it, The blue lagoon Island. The food wasnt the best, but wasn't bad. The entertainment was topnotch, and the shows a must-see. The kids clubs were fun for all and not just somewhere to drop of your kids. Both castaways cays and Nassau were fun. This was definitely my favorite cruise of them all! And would recommend it to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Awesome review. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your mom must be proud of you.
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Hi Cynthia,

What a wonderful, well written review! I hope you posted your review on the "Teen" board, too.

It's great to see a review from a younger cruiser I'm so glad you and your Mom had a great time. I didn't have the chance to cruise when I was your age, but I'm sure I would have loved it as much as you did

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Wonderful reveiw. Thank you for taking the time to write it for us old timers! Itwas fun seeing a cruise thru a child's eyes. you are so lucky to have such a great Mom to give you such a treat. Now you have to plan on your next cruise.
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your great review of Disney. I'm thinking that one day we'll have to take our grandaughter on a Disney cruise (she's 3 now), and it's good to know there's so much that's fun to do!
Also, I'm glad you liked Blue Lagoon. I loved it too, and I was one of the people who suggested it to your mom! Did you take part in the crazy dance contest?

donna
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You did such a great job on your review. Your mom must be so proud of you. I am glad you had a good time. Just think, you are young, so you have many more years of cruising left. Your wording of your review, was very mature for your age. I am glad that you are able to express yourself in sucha wonderful way.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

That was a great review, Cynthia. It's nice to see a cruise through a younger person's eyes. I hope you posted it on the teen board too. You're so fortunate to have a mom who would take you on a cruise for just the two of you. I know how blessed she is to be your mom too.

Phyll
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Captain

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for the review. I would like to go some time and it is good to hear about Disney cruises. I want to take the little guy in the picture. It sounds like a blast and worth going.
Karen and Ryan
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Familiar Face

Great Review! Thank you for sharing. I wish I was there! It sounds like not only did you have a great time, but you have a great mom also! SE
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Cynthia, It was nice to read your review. Our family would love to go on a Disney cruise also!
That dessert sounds delicious!!
There are too many things to do on a cruise, aren't there?!
Thank-you for your review. You did a good job writing it up!!
From Brenda in Vancouver, Canada
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Yeoman

Hello Cynthia:
I am use to reading the reviews on these boards and feeling bad that I could not write as well as those posting them. Now you have done it... 12 years old and posting a review which is so well written and interesting.
Congratulations !
I wish you and your mom the best.

Regards,
Ben
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Thanks you guys for your comments. You guys are embaresing me lol. No donna I didnt go to the crazy dance I was in the water the WHOLE time only left for lunch, then went straigtht back Yes I am very much aware of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mom who I love very much.
I cant wait to go on another one

<3 Cyndie lou who <3