Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Default well, its saturday night and here i am on the boards

hi to all who are here on the boards tonight like i am. i am doing my normal thing and scourering the sites for any new news about cruising and all that goes with it and any good posts that are being made.

actually, i am recouping from having a syst that was wrapped around the main nerve in the ball of my foot removed last week.
OUCH, before and after . i am getting better every day and can get to the restroom now on both feet, a big accomplishment.

so, good evening to everyone and i hope we all poke around and find some great info to keep us busy tonight .
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Yeoman

Default Well its Saturday night and here I am

Antron, I had that operation about ten years ago. You said nothing about the pain. Having two kids was easier. There are something like 228 nerve endings in the foot. I thought they would cut a small circle and pluck the cyst out; no one said they slice the foot up the side. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Every step we take puts tremendous pressure on the ball of the foot; never thought about it before the cyst.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:50 PM
First Mate

betty

im sorry you had to go through the same thing. and you are right it hurts like *%##. many people do not know how many nerves are in the foot and what they do to get to the syst. they went through the top of my foot and i have 23 stitches. i kind of look like what frankenstien would have resembled . i might be off work for a month . nobody can afford that, especially at this time of the year. but i always survive my bad luck and i know i will get over this also .

thanks for the best wishes.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Antron - that sounds awful - you need a shot for the pain - like tequila lol.

Are you taking anything for it? When I broke my shoulder last year the doc put me on Oxycontin - it worked well but visions of Rush Limbaugh kept running through my head - so I switced to Tylenol 3s. With all that codeine I didn't even need to watch tv - far out man!!!!! lol

Good tp hear you can get to the toilet on "your own two feet" - beats crawling

Take care and I do hope you feel better soon.

ttfn Jennifer
Old October 22nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Yeoman

Default It's Saturday night

Podiatrists (foot doctors) seem to leave out things when explaining whats going to happen. Kinda like when the hospital calls you and tells you a loved one has taken a turn for the worse. This happened to us twice in the last two years. Loved one had already expired. Guess this is the new pc.

Betty

Old October 22nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Would you believe, I had the same operation last year (and 20 years ago on the other foot!) It is very painful, although mine was cut from the top between the 3rd and 4th toes, and I only had about 4 or 5 stitches.
Did you know there's a name for it? It's called Morton's Neuroma, and it means a cyst grows on the nerve on the ball of the foot and makes walking painful. I now wear orthopedic inserts in my shoes to relieve the pressure on the ball of my foot, and NEVER wear high heels!

My Saturday night wasn't too exciting wither Antron. I spent it on the kitchen floor, painting baseboards!

donna
Old October 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Well it"s Saturday night and here I am on

Rollerdonna: at least your Saturday night was productive. Just looking for news on Cozumel most of the evening. www.accuweather is an interesting site. They say if Wilma meets Alpha around Tuesday it could travel up the coast to New England producing heavy snow. Oh lord not before Halloween and Thanksgiving!

Betty

Old October 22nd, 2005, 11:18 PM
Admiral

I just heard that on the late news, snow maybe in the Montreal area by Wednesday. Sheesh! It's not even Halloween yet!

donna
Old October 22nd, 2005, 11:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I live in Upstate NY and they are also saying the posibility of snow.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
First Mate

hazleson, you are so funny. no i didnt have those illusions, but the medice did help with the pain. and thank god i dont have to '' hop or crawl '' to the bathroom anymore .

betty, im so sorry for your losses. my sister has worked at nursing homes for over 30 yrs and she says they really do think they are sparing the family alot of emotional pains while they are on the way to the nursing home or hospital. i think most of us know by now what it really means. telling us the truth from the beginning is much better. for me it would have been any way on a couple of details. i was very well informed on what the surgery was going to be like and what would take place afterwards, but let me tell you, i didnt know anything could hurt so much and be so black/blue and swollen.

rollerdonna, that is exactly what i had. mine was pretty big and wrapped around the nerve, so that is why they had to cut such a long opening on me. from the 3rd/4th toes and almost to the middle of my foot. the stitches are healing nicley though and they come out on thursday. no heels for me either, i just want to be able to wear a pair of cute sandles for special occasions and on the next cruise. . how are your knees from painting baseboard??--you poor thing, i hate to paint. i bet it looks nice though.

thanks everybody for wishing me well.SNOW---NOOOOOOOO
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
Admiral

So glad to hear that you are on the mend and able to walk a little. It all sounds really painful! Take care and sit back and enjoy your time off your feet.

Phyll
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:25 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllbo
So glad to hear that you are on the mend and able to walk a little. It all sounds really painful! Take care and sit back and enjoy your time off your feet.

Phyll
thanks so much, i still have to wear the '' goofy-velcro'' shoe for a couple weeks. it is so stylish, but it will be worth it to have the surgery done and over with.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Yeoman

Default well its Saturday night and here I am

Antron, hope every day is better for you. Ah, the velcro shoe! Every time I was in a grocery store and someone looked like they were about to back up I would put my arm out as a defense move. You always feel vulnerable and it taught me a whole lot about others who are handicapped in any way. Guess that's why I work with seniors.

Betty

Old October 23rd, 2005, 02:18 PM
First Mate

betty, i do the same thing . and like you, i have a whole different view now of what the disabled and injured are going through. makes me appriciate the rest of my '' normal body '' . IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT
Old October 24th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

So sorry to hear of your operation. It sounds just horrific. I have a lot of foot problems lately, but I'm trying to ignore them as I have other health issues that I'm dealing with. It gets overwhelming.

It sounds so painful. I hope you mend quickly! Best Wishes.