Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Admiral

Default Has anyone heard from Sue??????

Just curious how she made out. Especially with her daughter so close to delivering the new little one.
Old October 25th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Yeoman

I looked back & it was Oct. 21st that she posted about her grandson having pneumonia. And they are doing her daughter's C section this Friday. I hope all is well with them. Please let us know how you are Sue if you can!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 25th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

With all the damage in Florida, I think it might be a couple of days before we hear from Sue and others in the area (I also heard that Fort Lauderdale was hit especially hard).......3.2 million households and businesses are without power. What a nightmare! Everytime I think I want to move to Florida in a few years, I think about all the hurricanes and tropical storms and decide I would rather deal with cold, snow and ice for 4 months a year!
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

yes also hope all is well with her and ehr family. Also read over here that Fort Lauderdale was hit hard - what a terrible shame, such a lovely part of Florida - but all those low-lying millionaire properties and the multimtude of priceless yachts - hope they didn't sustain too much damage.

As you say Liza, Florida always sounds so nice and alot of Brits have bought properties out there but after the last 2 hurricane seasons, I wouldn't contemplate it.

clear up after this and just wait for the next........that's the way I would have to view it and it would become very depressing and worrying each year.

What is happening to this planet and its weather and natural disasters - 2005 and the end of 2004 with the tsunami has definately given the globe and its population some harsh times and makes you wonder what the future holds.

They are now saying over here that after the New Orleans disaster, they beleive London is under threat from the seige of the Thames and overbuilding on natural flood plaines to the east of London. Thee xperts are predicting not if but definately when the surge comes in and London is completing engulfed by water - doesn't seem possible but after all the natural disasters of this year, you have to be prepared for any eventuality.

Regards,
KG
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Sue probably doesn't have her power restored yet. My brother lives in nearby Ft. Myers, and told me that they lost power when the back wall of Wilma hit them Monday morning. They thought they had escaped that fate when the front wall and "eye" had passed, only to lose electric service when they got clobbered by the back side and its NE winds. Let's hope that Sue and her family get their power back soon, so that she can bring us up to date on her experiences.

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas