Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning and the "S" Word

Good morning, Cruisemates! Can you believe we have snow in some areas? I CANNOT It is much too early for this. I'm wondering if the north is going to have an early, nasty winter to compete with the nasty hurricane season done south. Not much new in the "Burgh". You are stay safe and warm. Have a good day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where all of a sudden it's fall....temp this am is 53....feels good.
Hoping all our mates to the south are ok.
Angela Z.
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a very soggy NYC. We are having a nasty old nor'easter being pushed along by Wilma. The ground is saturated and many rivers are still high from last week's storms so flooding is possible in some areas. Luckily I do not live in one of them.

DOING THE DOC DANCE
However it is pretty clear that Cozumel and perhaps Key West also are out so this may turn into the mystery cruise. As my DW says as long as we are cruising it beats being at home.

Everyone have a great day and stay dry!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Admiral

The weatherman predicted up to 7" of snow in the higher elevations, but in the flats where I live, we just have plenty of rain. Luckily not as much as our friends in Florida. I don't know if I'll ever get my bulbs planted.

Not much going on around here. Just trying to stay dry.

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Captain

Good morning,
I think I better get ready to be stuck home a lot this winter season. Or maybe I should learn to like the winter sports. I just sent a package from a farm market to a freind in FL. I hope it got to her before the hurricane hit and she has apples to enjoy, at least.
In-Laws little border collie died unexpectedly. They live next door so miss her morning visit. You know how you feel someone's presence with you after they die? I expect her any minute to bark at the door or run up to greet me when I go outside.
Karen
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Local headline news: ``Metro braces for storm'', It goes on: ''''Torrential rains, gale-force winds expected to hit southeastern New Brunswick this afternoon''.

''Atlantic provinces are bracing themselves today for the remnants of Hurricane Wilma which is expected to bring torrential rains, gale-force winds adn pounding surf to the region, starting this afternoon.''

Winds gusting 56 - 62 miles an hour and up to 2 inches of rain is expected.

We're on high grounds and some 12 miles from the ocean so, we should be okay.

Have a fun day, we expect a soggy day,

Bill
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Rain continues here, with a change over to snow later today. As we still have a lot of leaves on trees this will result in lots of power outages. Yesterday my husband started his on-call and never made it home until after 11 p.m. When he got home I had to have him unclog the kitchen sink and fix the pump on the aquarium. Sure he wasn't thrilled, oh, well.

Tomorrow I was supposed to have an appointment with an oral surgeon. The doctor is in a town about 2 hours from here. My husband wants me to cancel as the weather reports are so bad. Also, he was supposed to go with me, and probably won't be able too. I guess I will have to call them today. I hate to change it as it took over 3 months to get into them in the first place. I guess I better take the safe route. I was so looking forward to getting this hurdle over with and knowing what to expect. I'm a little disappointed.

The weekend does look nice though.

Hope none of our mates suffered too much damage from Wilma. Will feel better when we hear from Sue!

Well, I'll get ready for work, then I make sure to get a few supplies at the store just in case the roads are as bad as they are predicting on Wed.

I'm sure all the school age kids are already praying for a snow day.

Stay safe all,
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

SNOW thats a four letter word.!

We have cooler weather here in FLA now that Wilma is history.
Lots going on this week, selling my car, Earl is getting a truck and the newer car (Nissan Altima) is getting a face lift... ie dings and dents removed.
the store where i work is open again, every one on the beaches had to evalcuate. the tourist will love looking for sea shell by the sea shore since the tides have retreated.
WHEEEU we dodged another bullet. Hope this is the last one.
Everyone have a good week.
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Morning All:

Well, It least we don't have snow! Cool, rainy.

Remember when I told you my son was ill. Well, turns out to be MONO!!!Doctor said he doesn't like that his liver emz. are elevated and is watching closely. his spleen is enlarged as well. Common side effect but still scary when it's your son. Hopefully the other teen in the house doesn't get it too. The joys of parenthood.

Karen, so sorry to hear about your little morning visiter. I know what you mean.

Here in Michigan all the headlines are Rosa Parks. She lived about an hour and a half from me in Detroit. Looking for my FIL, he has not checked in since Wilma. Ft. Lauderdale area.

Today is "mom" day. Appointments and so on. Ho hum.

See ya...
Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. What a crappy day. I am so sick of the rain. Just praying that the basement doesn't flood again. We just got it completely dried out and smelling fine again.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind words in regards to my kids and their trek back and forth to school. Just love my CM family.

Tbug--Hope your FIL is okay and that you can reach him soon. Hope your son gets better soon. Aren't having kids great? No wonder I'm aging rapidly.

Jen--Can't believe your talking SNOW. Be safe.

Karen--sorry about your in-laws collie. Hope everyone is dealing with it okay.

Angela--Thanks again for being my eyes in Orlando. It really helped.

Hope everyone hasa great, safe and dry day. To our CM family in Florida, please check in so we know that you are okay.
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Tina,
So sorry to hear about your son and mono.That is scary. Our prayers go out to you now in your time of need.

On another note. I have mailed the info you requested.
Keep in touch.
Old October 25th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Yeoman

Happy Tuesday from cold, wet, dreary, YUCKY Newcastle, Ontario.
BW: My friends in the Atlantic provinces are in my thoughts today.
To all our Florida CM's: Please check in when you can...you are in my thoughts.
Tina: My DD had mono when she was in high school. It took a long time to get back to normal. Her spleen was enlarged also, scary but she never had any affects from it. I hope your FIL is safe and sound & you hear from him very soon.
Jen: Better safe than sorry. The oral surgeon will wait.
Cheryl: So glad your kids made it back safe & sound.
Carole: Thanks for getting in touch. Glad to hear things are almost back to normal for you.
Sailing Gal: Sorry to hear about the dog. It can be like losing a member of the family.
SNOW????? shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Have a safe day everyone,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 25th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Carole and Rebel and Cheryl: Thanks for your thoughts and warm words. I wasn't too worried till the Doc said it was effecting his liver too. His bp is kinda low too. He goes back Thursday to check the numbers.

Rebel, Glad you got ahold of Carole! I felt like the messenger! 8)

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 25th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly WI where the sun is trying to shine. I think the clouds will win out.

I got a call from family in Jupiter Florida yesterday, and our condo seems to have survived another bad storm. My brother said there is lots of damage and trees down everywhere. The power is out, and I just read in the Palm Beach Post that some places may not get it back for 4 weeks. Hope that isn't us. We had planned to go down this weekend, but we won't go back until the power is restored.
I'm hoping that Sue and others are all ok, and that the reason we don't hear from them is the power outage.

Karen, sorry to hear about the dog. That is sad, and I know what you mean about expecting to hear that bark and get that doggie greating.

TBug, I'm glad you have a diagnosis for your son. Hope he feels better soon.

Take care everyone
Phyll
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
After living, every second of my life in this area, I would STILL trade hurricanes for snow. Although, did you see that video of that man in Naples sliding on the ground, from the wind, it was unreal.

Lots of washing will be going on today from the cruise.I am going to
wash & iron, and re pack for February..Hows that !!!

Prayers going out..TBug I hope your fil checks in soon, and your son is better soon. Larry, hang in there, Sharon too..oxoxxoxox to all.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 25th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning and the "S" Word

An early good morning from Southern California (early for me, at least).
I've been awake since 5:30.

Not much planned today. I'll get a flu shot this a.m. Keith had his a couple of weeks ago, but I had an infection, so the doctor said to wait. I know I didn't get enough sleep, so a nap will be in my near-future, probably. :

Sorry to hear about the colllie. It's always so sad when a beloved pet dies.
ML, also sorry tpo see that "S" word appear I'm going to Minnesota on Friday, and I worry that we might get stuck there.
VtJen, I'm glad to hear that you'll cancel the oral surgeon's appt.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Yes Mary Lou, The "S" word is in the forcast in a lot of areas, including the NW part of Ark. I can not belive this. In Fl it is the 'canes, in the north it is the snow and ice, in the west it is the shakey shakes, Hmmmm, Fly Me To the Moon Alice.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Admiral

we are in the grips of a good ole fashioned New Englang Nor'Easter(YUCK) its pouring,its windy so the rain is sideways(no kidding) sometimes.
Flood watch is out in our area, in the village of Three Rivers(yep you guessed it).
The Berkshires are expecting snow this afternoon. I will have to call my girlfriend in Williamstown tonight to see how she made out.
I have a brother and cousin who live on the coast, will be checking in with them to make sure all is well.
Great day for soup and hot tea, humm sounds like a good lunch to me.
Old October 25th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny'ish Vancouver. Yesterday turned out really nice although I was at work. Husband got his new credit card and I think we are about ready to book our cruise. We wanted to wait so we could get the 'points'.
TBug-sorry to hear about your son's mono. It does take a long time to get over it when it is so severe. How much school has he missed so far?
SeaTrekker-We would love to go looking for seashells!! Too bad we live so far away!
Snow'y CruiseMates-snow already??!!
Bill-I hope you stay warm & dry.
Nothing exciting to report. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda