Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday.

Good morning, friends. Happy Wednesday. 25 years ago today, I was giving birth to my baby boy. So hard to believe he is 25 and Jackie is going to be 28 in three weeks. Boy, those kids are getting old Matt's reguest for dinner tonight is king crab legs and cheesecake for dessert. Yummy!
Had one of those days this morning where I couldn't find my car keys. I had to resort to using the spare keys, but they do not have my office key on them. Good thing our warehouse manager was here early to let me in. I hope you all had a better start to your day. Have a good one!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where we have another chilly day. It's fun "shopping" in the long sleeved drawer for a change.
Mary Lou, congratulations on your baby's birthday.....he'll always be your baby, yes? I'm 45 and my brothers and sister still call me the baby.
Angela Z.
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Well, the Nor'easter struck with vengence. There are thousands and thousands without power. Tries are down all over and many roads are impassable. My town lost power last night, but we were restored by 4 this morning. My husband called and said that we (my town) is about the only one that has any power, or at least the majority of its customers back up and running. He said many people will be without electricty for days. I'm thinking he will come home soon and sleep for a few hours because of the magnatude of this storm, they can't just work until everyone has their power back.

Most of you know that I work at a church, well this week the Pastor is out of town, so I sorta get left in charge. I am very concerned for many of our elderly people this morning. I hope to get to church soon and see if we have power there, then I need to start checking on people and see what there needs are. I know some will be without electricity for a long time, I hate to think of them sitting in the cold, with nothing hot to eat. Many of them are too proud to say they need help. Not sure what, I can do for them, but surely there most be something.

I'm sure many were unprepared so early in the season. We really have no resources for people when these types of things happen, no shelters or places for people to gather to at least get a meal, or a way to bring stuff to people in need (for many won't be able to get out - too many downed trees and power lines everywhere). It is just neighbor looking out for neighbor in this area.

I will try and get to church within the next hour and start calling people and see what, if anything I can do.

I know that most of you have been praying for all those suffering from the affects of Hurricane Wilma, but please open your hearts to pray for those who are now suffering in the Northeast. This will not be as readily televised, there are no long lines of people to interview, it doesn't make sensational tv viewing. But there are many here in need and very few will think to include these people in their thoughts and prayers.

At least it is not the dead of winter and the temps will not dip too far below freezing in the next couple of days, but it is could enough to be miserable, and the roads are still dangerous to be travelled too much.

Thank you
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

A happy B'day to your son, ML!

Sorry to hear about all the snow! My brother lives about 60 miles away, and they were gettting the heavy snow which was snapping tree limbs and downing power lines. He was without power for quite awhile. Good thing he has two dogs to keep him warm.

We are still getting rain, but it's supposed to let up today. Maybe I'll get my flower bulbs in the ground Saturday.

DW finally got some good news regarding her carpal tunnel surgeries. The first one is scheduled for Dec. 12, the day after the Bills/ New England game. She will only miss the final home game the following Sat. (which she was probably going to skip anyway). Then she will have the holiday season at home. She is going to get her shopping done before then so there won't be any hassles.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! Sister and BIL have given up on returning to their vacation in the Keys and are heading back this morning. I wonder if they have changed their mind about retiring there.

Angela - Chilly in Orlando???? Whats the matter the temps drop into the 70s again????

VT Jen- Will keep those up there in my prayers. The nor'easter was pretty brutal.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Captain

Good morning,
Well. I thought I would lose power but no snow this morning. I hope they have enough crews around Jen. I remember some would be dispatched out of town so I bet many linemen are in the south now. I know how that feels to have no power and its chilly out. Not fun! I will have them in my prayers.
May Lou, Wow, you must have Dick Clark genes if your avator is current.
Karen
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, and I'm glad to be back. I never saw much of it yesterday, but apparently the weather was pretty brutal here too. Lots of rain and wind and cold, and it continues into today, with the threat of snow added on. Yuck!
Yesterday, while in hospital, I missed a daycare fieldtrip to the Botanical Gardens to see all the decorated pumpkins. Today, I get to go on another fieldtrip, with another group, to a local farmer's market to buy pumpkins.
It's not going to be a pleasurable outdoor outing!

Happy Birthday to your son ML!

donna
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Local newspaper headline news: "Wilma skirts round New Brunswick" It goes on: "Weather forecasters keep eye on remmants of hurricane as it passes by Atlantic Canada. Hurricane Wilma, drawing breath, ran into a low-pressure disturbance off the eastern United States seaboard yesterday which sucked much of the wind from her sail".

We were spared the wrath of Wilma. Very little wind . We had plenty of rain but, not enough to cause any serious damage.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All:

FIL finally called last night at 11pm from Florida, to say he was able to have an operator call us because he can't get a call out yet. Damage was bad in his area as he has roof damage, trees on cars...etc...., he has no power and they say that it will be mid-November till they will get it. Meanwhile my crazy sil,who lives down the street, is going to work, leaving this 86 yr old to take care of her kids, and all her damage as well. She drives me crazy. As we were talking to Dad on the phone he was out of breath, and very excited. We are worried about how he is going to do this. DH is trying to get down there, but is now in Denver, then to Boston for business.

At lease FIL is safe and unharmed. But I so worry what this woman will "make" him do.

Cold day here in Michigan. Got out the heavy coats...bummer.

MicheleP: If you are reading this then you must not have went to KeyWest today. Double bummer! Hope your there....

Later...
Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Light rain and cold forcasted again. My sinuses can't take much more of this weather. They feel like they are going to explode. Luckily no water in the basement.

Marylou--Happy birthday to your son.
Jen--prayers are coming for all who suffered from this crazy NE weather
Angela--stay warm.
Ed--great news on your wife's surgery.
Doug--no more commute stories???????
Donna--have a great field trip and be careful with your health.
Tbug--very very happy to hear that your FIL is fine. Your SIL sounds "interesting", can't believe she is leaving him with the kids after what they have all been through. Hope your DH can get down there soon to straighten her out.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas. It is cool this morning, which is welcome after a hot summer. I don't have to be at work today until 12.00 so I am going to spend the time getting my house in order. We now have 25 kids from N.O. I think all of these families are going to stay. We got another list yesterday for supplies they need. On it was the need for China. We are thinking that is the word used in the region for plates from Wal Mart. They seem to be doing really well. They admit that they have more here than they had before, in N.O. I enjoyed Chat last night, but it sure would be nice if some of you would join us, so we can talk cruising.

Have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday

An early good morning from Southern California where the sun ain't up yet. That is, if it ever does show. This not sleeping business is really a bad habit.

ML, congratulations on getting a kid to his 25th birthday
VtJen, all the people in weather-torn areas are in my thoughts.
RD, take care and don't overdo today.

It's off to the gym later this morning. The furnace has just come on getting the day off to a start. Maybe I can get some sleep now, too.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Luanne:

If there is something I can send down directly to you to give to one of these families let me know. Like schools supplies, clothes etc...I then at least know you would give it right to the source.

PM me with your address if you think it is needed and you want to do that.

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Tina, Good morning! Thank you for your offer, but I think they are being taken care of. (Unless you want to send your good China) We are already thinking about Christmas for the families. This is a small town, and many people to help. Thanks,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 26th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. It's another day of clouds versus sun around here.

Jen, I will definately be keeping the people in your area in my prayers today as well as those in Florida and other areas hit by Wilma. I hope that you find out as the day goes on that you have many helpers there in your town.

Say Happy Birthday to Matt, ML. I know you're all going to enjoy those crab legs and cheesecake tonight. Yum!

TBug, I'm glad to hear that you have heard from your FIL. Hope that situation improves for him.

I had a nice long talk with Sue last night. Please keep her in your prayers. She came through the storm ok, but there are other issues that she is dealing with right now, and I know she would appreciate your prayers.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old October 26th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Good Wednesday morning gang. We skirted the worst of the Nor'Easter here, lots of rain and wind and a few scattered power outages. I look out my window today and i am not really sure what that sparkly, shinny, bright yellow thing is in the sky. ANy clues?????
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............we slept in this morning.....sure felt good......

Thinking of everyone that was or is in Wilma's path.......keep safe.....

Y'all have a great Wednesday!

Sharon & Larry
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny'ish? Vancouver. We had some high winds and bit of rain last night too. The kids had difficulties getting to sleep because of it.
Work is done until next Tuesday! Yahoo!! Nothing exciting to report, just have to get my Lotto ticket(s). The jackpot is C$40Million!
Happy Bday ML's son! Enjoy the bday supper!
VTJen-Wow! What a storm you had!
Luanne-I hope to get to Chat one of these days!!
Everyone take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Brenda, Tonight would be a great night to join. We are having a two for one sale. You spend two minutes with us and we give you all the information you can handle!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008