Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Thursday Morning!

Good morning gang from a chilly SE Wisconsin.....but all in all, cannot complain compared to our mates in south Florida and the Northeast. Becoming a little more sunny today and by the weekend we might even break the 60 degree mark! Fall colors have just passed peak, but still beautiful.

Not much going on here except for work and within a day of becoming a DDM for my Liberty cruise.....................going to have to put in for my time off real soon for that one!

Prayers heading out to all those in need...................good thoughts for all the rest of us.

Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Can't believe we're coming up on the end of October already.
Hope our mates to the south are hanging in there.
A big day at Sue's house tomorrow!
Angela Z.
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! The temprature this morning started with a 3, which is too low for South Jersey in October....so much for global warming. Congrats to the Sox and their fans. Another curse broken.....are the Cubbies next??? Still waiting to see what Celebrity does for ports on my upcoming cruise.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It finally stopped raining here in the Finger Lakes region of New York! I hope it holds off for Sat, because I have so much outdoor work to do. The apples are rotting on the limbs (homemade applesauce ...Yum!), the bulbs have to get planted, the gardens have to be cleaned out, not to mention raking leaves. Too much work and not enough time.

Congrats go out the Chicago White Sox! An impressive run in the post season! First the Red Sox, now the White Sox. What's next, the Cubbies?

Speaking of baseball, I woke up this morning to find out I won $1600 on World Series board. I couldn't stay up to watch the whole game, but I was astonished to see the final score. Can anybody say CRUISE!!!!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates.

As they say: "No news is good news".

Well......, I have good news.

Bill
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Morning All:

Yeah Ed!!! Congrats!!!! Can I come?

I don't know if most people realize just how crazy it is getting in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.

We spoke to fil yesterday, and they are getting scared. Sil is a nurse that has to go to work in Miami. The train she normally takes is not running. She has now gone through two cars of gas and is now driving Dad's car, with storm damage and just enough gas to get to work, but no way home. He's (frail 86) forced to stand in the lines for fresh water, food. If he can find them. People are starting to panic and wonder why there is not more help or fema stations. We located a generator for him, but it is on the other side of the state and he has no gas to get it or to run it. We are working on that solution.

Just a helpless feeling being so far away from parents. Just needed to vent a little. I wish he would have been a little more prepared than he was.

Michigan is cold today. 30 right now. Burrrr. Guess I better cover my rosebushes.

Have a great day everyone.

Bearmoose welcome...I know you are reading this. Hope you have a good day. When is your cruise?

Later all.
Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly FLORIDA! It's 50° this morning and I am LOVING IT!!!!!

Sending good thoughts for all who are having problems.....no time for individual posts right now.......my grandson is here for the week and Cafe Grammy is in constant operation.......where does this 6 yr. old PUT all of that food! Phew!

Everyone take care!
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Good chilly morning all. Very cold here in Massachusetts but at least it's not raining. This weather has been so crazy lately. A new daycare baby comes by for a few hours today to get used to my house and me. Actually it's so the new mom can get used to bringing her to daycare. The baby is only 3 months old.

Congratulations to the other SOX.

Ed--congratulations on your big win.

Doug--hope you find out soon about your cruise ports

Tbug--I am praying for your FIL that he will be okay through all this. Is it possible for you to fly him home to your house? At least until things start to get back to normal.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day. Prayers to all who need them.

THANKS FOR BEING PART OF MY LIFE.
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning cruisemates. It is a chilly morning here, but not complaining. I have work to do today, so someone else will have to cause trouble on the boards in my place.

Prayers going out to those in need.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good mornig all CM's
Today is a great day!
first my dh got his new truck ,Toyota Tundra, I get to drive the Nissan
The weather has turned cooler with temps inthe 50's. Sure feel good after the heat of the summer.
I talked to my son & dil last night and they have booked the cruise of the century with us. along with her parents, aunt, cousin, and family on her fathers side. about 20 more. WOW what a cruise this will be.
Every one have a good day.

I won't be on chat tonight.
Got a scrap booking party to go to.
I'm starting my own business too.
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Captain

Hi,
I'm impressed at how you all can respond to individual posts. Do you remember what they say or is there a way to check back? I just remember lots of chilly temps and some rotting apples and big win for Ed. Wish I had that winning too right now.
Was that Tina with the parents in FL? My heart goes out to you and your parents. I hope it ends soon for them.
And Nolou, I read your posts about your daycare and wish I was closer. Right now I am feeling sorry that I didn't put Ryan in something but he still has another full year before kindergarten so I'll have next year to let him step out of the nest a bit. I just miss my Thursday playgroup which was ended.
For me, it's a visit Grandma day.
Take care All
Karen
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's a dull, gray and overcast 3C, but at least it's stopped raining!. The trees, at least in my backyard, are completely bare, althought there's still a little colour around. Winter is definately around the corner.....
Yesterday's trip to the farmer's market went well, although wet and cold. We went inside for some hot chocolate after, and everyone was happy to bring home their own little pumpkins.
Today will be a regular work day, but tomorrow I am off again. The daycare is sending me and a co-worker to Toronto for a 2 day conference in High Scope training. Those of you in Michigan may have heard of High Scope, as the HS headquarters is in Ysiplanti. It should be interesting and fun, it's always good to "update" your knowledge!

donna
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Karen: Yeah that was me with the inlaws in Florida. You do just fine on these boards remembering names. About Ryan, don't you do that girl. Never second guess your decisions...It will eat you up. Face it we are all going to end up on Oprah with our kids telling us what we did wrong anyways...

Cheryl: We have offered and even begged for him to come. He can be a very stubborn Ol'German sometimes. P.S.: Thank YOU! for being a part of my life!

Carole: New business! Good for you...you go girl!!! Gee I wonder what it is?

Sue! If you are reading this....well... Hope you are ok! Thinking of you. Sending my prayers...

Donna: Feeling better today?

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from sunny cold WI.

Karen, I'm with you on remembering and ressponding to so many posts. I can't do it without writting stuff down. I can remember bits and pieces, but that's all.

Ed, congratulations on your win.

TBug, that is really sad and scary to hear what your FIL is facing down there in Florida along with others. Wish you could get him out of there for a while til things improve.

RD, the preschool I worked at was really into HighScope. I liked it, and always enjoyed seeing it done well. Problem was that it was hard to do it well, and many people didn't understand it or accept the philosophy behind it. I think you'll pick up lots of great ideas even if you don't implement it completely.

Going to Bible study this morning and seeing the gals there. Other than that not much doing around here today.
Like Bill said---"no news is good news".

Phyll
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Yeoman

Happy Thursday everyone!
Sailing Gal: If you scroll down far enough after you click on post you should be able to see the previous posts. I just discovered that last week, I didn't realize they were there.
Congrats to the Sox fans. Is there anyone here who remembers the last time they won??
Sue: I'll be thinking of you and your DD tomorrow, hope everything goes well.
Lisa: You better get packing!
Doug: Good luck with your ports...I hope you get SOME.
Angela: Hard to believe it's almost Halloween. Next thing we know it will be Christmas.
Ed: Congrats on the win....Nice of them to get you going on your next cruise.
BW: So glad Wilma missed you guys.
Tina: Keeping good thoughts for you family in FL.
Mgram: Cafe Grammy sounds like a great place to me!
Nolou: A new baby to play with sounds wonderful!
Luanne: Don't work too hard.
Carole: Have fun tonight and congrats on the business.
RD: I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. Hope your TO trip is fun.
Take care everyone,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another grey day here, just spitting rain at present. Yesterday was a snow day, some schools are closed again today, my son has a 2 hour delay.

Still many people without power, hopefully today, but probably not everyone until tomorrow. I really hope they all get back online soon. This is a little selfish, but my son's state cross country race is on Saturday and I really would like my husband to be able to go with me to see our son run. If people are still out, he won't be able to go. Plus he needs a break. Worked until 10 last night (38 straight hours) then had to be back up at 4 to start in again by 5. I had friends and family calling me all day trying to find out when to expect their power. It is not fun telling them it could be as much as two more days. They were all too stubborn to leave their homes. I know some people are really suffering. Praying for them all, in the north and in the south.

Carole - sounds like you do have a great day ahead. A scrapbook party - what fun! What is your new business?

Ed - Yahoo!

MGram - you enjoy your grandson. What fun it must be.

Tbug - hope the need resources are soon available to those who are in such need.

Congratulations to all of you White Sox Fans. I know how good it feels.

My highlight of today was pre-ordering the cd/dvd Jimmy Buffet Live at Fenway Park. Can't wait until it comes. I really needed something to look forward to, and since a cruise is out of the question, I guess this is the next best thing.

Hope the Sun is Shining Somewhere,
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............rain for today.....but more up north then here........

Larry has his plasma exchange today & he's still feeling better......hope it keeps going up......

Y'all have a great Thursday!!!!

Sharon
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Chilly start to this morning, 29 degrees! The sun is shinning now.
Got a nice little anniversary surprise from Richard last night. I get home from work a couple of hours before he does, so my normal routine is to start something for dinner, put on a wash, you know how it goes. Well Richard calls me asks what am i doing? I tell him, you know the usual, making dinner, he says, can you stop what you are doing so that we can go out to dinner? you don't have to ask me twice. Going out to dinner in the middle of the week that's a treat in itself. We were in the mood for seafood, had a nice casual dinner at our local seafood restaurant.
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I have not been around much this week. Betty and I have been at my daughters helping her and our SIL out. They had concentrated so hard on taking care of their clients and cleaning up after their flood that a lot of winter preparations still need to be done. So, we've been storing hay, moving horses into a new barn and Betty has been helping redo two rooms. Well, she's been re-doing two rooms.

We should be done by tomorrow. I hope so. I'm too old for this manual labor stuff.

I hope everyone is doing well and everyone in Florida is safe.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good Thursday afternoon. Since I was supposed to be on vacation this week, I'm just kind of working part time today and tomorrow. Some of our friends are down from Jacksonville and we'll go to Epcot with them this afternoon. Tomorrow Mark and I are going up to St. Augustine for the weekend.

Still not the Keys, but it'll do.

Mark had a nice birthday last night... we had friends over and we were up until 2 a.m.!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 27th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. No sun yet, but I'm hoping it will be like yesterday.

Lots of errands and packing today to get ready to go to Minnesota tomorrow. Keith and I look forward to seeing my mother and relatives again, and to meeting Mike and Betty.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old October 27th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny, but chilly(frost on the roofs) Vancouver.
I got my new eyeglasses yesterday('progressives');so far,so good! Nothing exciting planned;just getting ready for Hallowe'en. Youngest has a costume parade at school tomorrow and after Ballet tomorrow(?9pm) the oldest is bringing home her 2 Ballet friends & watching Pirates of the Caribb. and then I will drive them home. They are being pirates for their Ballet trio dance.
VTJen-I saw on the late news some power linemen fixing the lines in Burlington, VT. Is that near you? Lots of snow!
Rebel,Sailing gal,Phyll-it took me a while too to find out how to scroll down and reread everyone's GMorning posts when I was typing in the reply box!
Everyone-hope your day goes well. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old October 27th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Well you learn something new just about everyday around here. I knew there was a post below the reply box, but I didn't know you could scroll down and see all of them. Thanks for the info, Brenda.

Phyll