Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:46 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Record temperatures over here

Wow, here in the UK it is so unseasonal. We had the hottest Oct. 27th ever yesterday - in the balmy 70s here in the South East.

You cant beleive that it is nearly Halloween and Guy Fawkes (Bonfire night) on Nov 5th. Usually by now it is feeling pretty cold but people were out in shorts yesterday just like a summers day and this weekend, our clocks change back to GMT (Greenwich Mean time) from BST (British Summer Time) so it will be officially declared Winter over here.

Our weather is certainly behaving strange. What is it like where you live????? - is it also very unseasonal???

Anway, all have a good weekend - we will at least get an extra hour in bed on Sunday when our clocks go back an hour at 02.00a.m. on Sunday morning - I will make the most of that extra hour

Regards,
Kimmiegirl
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Send some of that heat this way. To me it is too cold too early here in Massachusetts.

I agree the weather is very strange lately. What is going on? Everytime there is a strange or weird weather pattern, I think about the Dennis Quaid movie, "The Day After Tomorrow" and think "what if?"
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:03 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

Hy cheryl,

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

We were only discussing that very movie the other night when there was a programme over here saying that that very thing could happen to London with a surge from the River Thames and how action must be taken now to make sure the defences are heightened.

We do already have the Thames Barrier in place but scientists are concerned ti is not enough protection and after the NO experience are taking the threat very seriously. It is not a question of 'if, but 'when'.

Yes, I do believe you get very cold winters in Mass. and huge amounts of snow.

We are being warned to expect a very cold winter here also, but no sign of that yet.

We will have to wait and see but the weather is certainly FREAKY

Regards,
KG
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Admiral

I think we should send a little of this cold air across the pond. It was 28F here this morning with frost on the pumpkin. There goes all the flowers. Oh well!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Admiral

I'm happy to read that you are enjoying such unusually balmy weather, Maureen. It sounds a bit like our typical weather at this time of the year here in Orlando, except that our temps are in the high 70s right now.

We too will change our clocks back an hour at 2 am on Sunday, when our "daylight savings time" comes to an end. We will return to Eastern Standard Time (EST) from the Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) we've been enjoying for the past six months.

Cheers!

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Yes, Kimmie our weather is a little odd this year....gotta wonder just how many hurricanes we'll end up with.
My son's trumpet teacher was recently in London and Birmingham, he's in a British style brass band here in Central Florida and they were invited to compete in Birmingham. Anyway, the teacher brought back a wonderful CD of tales from the Tower of London and I finally found out the story behind Guy Fawkes....lots of interesting history on the CD.
Angela Z.
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Admiral

It's been strange here too. The first week of Oct. was hot and humid like summer here, and then, ever since, it hasn't stopped raining! The sun came out this weekend for the first time all month. I'm sure snow is next....

donna