Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Default Trying a "Good Evening" post, again!

My day was good, but I've had a terrible time this week with my Internet connection . I had a "Comcast guy" here Tuesday, Wednesday, and 2 of them on Thursday, and it's STILL not fixed! I keep getting knocked offline after about 10 minutes. The "engineer" (whoever that is???) is supposed to come tomorrow to check things out.

As many of you may know I'm a very laid back person, but I have to say I finally took my frustrations out on the last person I talked to. (Poor guy, he took it well!) There's just no acceptable reason to put a paying customer through this!

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed????

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Fern, I can sympathize with you. We had a internet problem for almost 2 years, but it was the phone lines not the computer. After DH tried to tell them everything in the house was checked out OK, it had to be outisde, someone had cut a line under ground, the problem was finally found and fixed. Frustrating is putting it mildly. I hope that the next guy they send will finally.... geter done!
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Evening Fern, and all those to follow. We are settling down for the night here. Kids gone, and hubby listening to the high school game on T.V. I got a lot done today, so i might take tomorrow off to do me things.

Have a great night everyone

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Captain

hi fern i'm glad your friday went well nothing new here its just another
quiet night here were going to have somw warm weather this weekend
hope you have a good weekend
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Good evening all. What a great day most of today was. Had a Halloween party with the daycare kids. We watched a Winnie the Pooh halloween video, played ghost games, colored ghost and witch pictures and ate CANDY. The kids wore their costumes and had a great time.

The reason I said "most of today" was great is because when Tony came home from work today, he informed me he thinks he has a problem with his front brakes. The truck just recently had a new transmission put in (under warranty) and had front balljoints and stabilizer work done. So what started off as a great day, ended not so great. Oh, well. Two steps forward, one step back. Now he has to drive me to work tomorrow and use my car so he can go to work. I hate him using my car. The reason he probably has so much car trouble is he drives like a lunatic and drives his truck very rough. My car is treated like a baby. I give him strict orders when he does have to use my car. Bad news for him though is I have to be at work at 6:30 am and he doesn't have to be at work until 8:00 am. Looks like he's getting up very early.

Speaking of getting up early, time for bed. The alarm is set for 5:30 am. Hope everyone has a great and safe Saturday.
Old October 28th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good evening from Orlando......guess I could get away with saying good morning at this point!
Had a very long day in the all staff meeting but a fun time at the football game tonight....Boone Braves won and I guess will now be in the playoffs.
I'll have to miss that game though since I'll be in San Francisco on a land trip with my sister.
Angela Z.