Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning/Happy Halloween

Good morning friends and Happy Halloween. Anyone dressing in custume at work today? We did that one year and my boss couldn't stand it. I dressed up as a clown and he just couldn't stop laughing everytime he saw me....it was hard to conduct business that way. So instead, I'm in Black and Gold for our Steelers....they are playing tonight..."are you ready for some football??????" Have a great day folks.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning ML and all who will follow. Here in swfl it's still dark.I ahve been up forever.Daughter came home yesterday and now they are here for a few days.Baby is doing well and so is her mom. I am trying to convince my dh to let me take a cruise on the Enchantment in Dec before we go to Germany..so far no luck.The prices are very low and it would be silly not to take advantage of it Middle daughter is doing well but who knows how long that will last I am in a state of stress big time. The girls took passport pictures and this week we will do the paperwork. Talk about late!

Whenever I log on it says I have a message. How do I get to read this message?

Have a good day mates
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning MaryLou and all Cruisemates coming on board.

Went for a long brisk walk yesterday and made the comment to a lady that it was a nice day for a walk. She replied: "Yes and we a have an extra hour to enjoy it". You got to love that extra hour.

Our local newspaper has a column: "Celebrity Spotlight". It seems some people still earn big money even after they pass away. Last year, the estates of Elvis Presley earned US $45 million & John Lennon $12 million from beyond the grave. Very strange I find.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Sue, go to the "PM's" part of this menu at the top of the screen and your new Private Message will be right there!?

Home | Profile | PM's | FAQ | Help | Photo Gallery | Members | Search | Logout

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers and BOO!!! No, we're not dressing up at my office, we're not allowed. Just as well, I don't know what I'd dress up as anyway.

Hope everybody has a great day. Watch out for kids when you're driving home at twilight.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 31st, 2005, 06:32 AM
Captain

Good morning,
I am excited to take DS for trick or treating and it will be a nice day to boot. Imagine that!
Karen
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I'm a little sore from all of the yard work I did Saturday. But that does not compare to the sickness in my stomach after watching the Bills' game last night. They controlled the whole game, but gave it away in the 4th quarter. Boy, it must be nice to have a real team to root for, Mary Lou.

Still got a few odds and ends to set up for the trick-or-treaters. Otherwise, not much else going on today.

Have a Boo-tiful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good morning, Going to be a nice day in SE Florida and good weather for our little ghosts and goblins later on. Gee, I miss that, having all the good candy my DD would bring home. Eddie don't feel bad us Dolphin fans have been going thru that for a veryyyyy long time! Wishing you all a great day! Watch out for the Trick or Treaters!
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Today will be our second day of sunshine in a row. It is supposed to hit 60 degrees. Yeah!

Husband got home early last night, before 9. Things are pretty much cleaned up from the Nor'easter. The electric company he works for has 35,000 customers, and at one point over 26,000 of them were with out power. Now it is just a handfull that should all be back on today.

Son and his group of friends that recreated the Minnow and all dressed up as the the cast from Gilligan's Island won the group prize at the school dance. $50, which they decided to use to have a Pizza Party with. They all got ready here and it was a lot of fun. The kid that played the Professor (a real whizkid - a junior and already accepted at MIT) was complete with a coconut rigged up with a working antennea.

Have the candy ready for the Trick or Treaters. Hope I get some this year.

Wishing you all an enjoyable day!
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Today MikaLyn turns 17 which is a landmark birthday for Jersey kids as they become old enough to drive. Mikie's road test is this afternoon, she should do well as she has had plenty of practice.
Marj and I thank god she is even here for us to fret about her driving as there were several times during her treatment for Lymphoma that we almost lost her. She is our little miracle, albeit a miracle with a teen attitude.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good Morning All! I am back - I have been sooooo busy lately, that I have had to put all my fun stuff on hold for a few weeks. I am finally caught up with everything at work, but the search for a condo is driving me crazy!

There will be some people dress up at my office, but the main activities are for kids, and kids at heart. We will have about 200 kids coming through trick or treating and then there is a pumpkin carving contest for employees. Generally a wasted day at work, so I hope to get some work done before all the activites begin.

Everyone have a great day!

BOO!

Jodi
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If I squint it's early September today..High will be 70..tomorrow as well..As for the Saturday snow, it's a memory.

When I worked at Sears years ago, I volunteered to be a clown, in full makeup, and walk around the store, giving out goodies.. One Easter I was the Easter Bunny, in a head, thay had 6 inches of foam inside, no perifial vision, and I had a walker with me.I know how Mickey Mouse feels NO costumes, ecxept the French maid one..OOPS, nevermind

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 31st, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Boo Y'all !!!! For my costume, I am dressing as a 30 something year old mom who is in desperate need of a cruise ! Think anyone can figure that out ? I've been working on a quilt all weekend that I have to deliver TODAY and its driving me nuts, putting lots of abuse on my embroidery machine.... will be way glad to see it gone !

I just realized in 20 days from now, we will be in Vegas camping out & roughing it at THE VENETIAN !!! Wow, I dont know if we will survive that...

Hope yall have a Happy Halloween... if you are driving tonight, keep an eye out for the goblins walking around looking for CANDY !!!

BooY'all (oops, I meant Bye Yall !!)
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

Not much going on. Fil still has no power in Florida. Kids have the day off school for end of card marking. DH and I will be passing the candy out together this year. DD is going elsewhere so his job this year is not needed. He is kinda down because that is yet another sign of his Daddy's girl growing up.

Seatrekker: I got the env. with the examples and letter of advice. Thank you sooo much. I sent away for the prints so plan on starting in a week. The ideas you sent are good because they are not too busy, fussy. I think thats a good start for me right now. I'll let you know the progress.

Trip: Hummmm. Maid costume huh? Is there another side to you? Do tell!!

Sue: Prayers are still coming your way. Life with teens is not always a picnic. I think they are the hardest years. Hold on!

Doug: What an odd feeling the first time you hand over those keys, and they drive off all alone. Bitter/sweet! From this point on, you will hold your breath everytime the phone rings.

Have fun tonight everyone, no matter what you are up to.

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!
We're back from the cruise and I have to get to work! We ended up doing the Eastern Caribbean at the last minute-the ship was actually on its way to Ochos Rios and diverted to San Juan-St. Thomas,Tortola, missed Princess Cays because of weather. Over 2100 nautical miles! I'm still swaying from the ship!!!
The weather is sunny here in Avon Park, Fl, with the temp saying 59! Brrr.

Have a great day!!!! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning and BOO! from Orlando. We're ready for the trick or treaters tonight, lots of candy and lots of scary stuff in our courtyard. Halloween is very festive in our subdivision with lots of kids and a block party for the whole subdivision (about 200 houses?)
Angela Z.
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Morning All, I wanted to start my post with a smiling pumpkin, but I can't seem to find the image gallery anywhere! Where did it go?
It's 10C in Montreal this morning, and sunny too! We actually had a pleasant weekend, and fairly mild (50-60F) so hope it won't be too cold for the trick or treaters tonight.
I will not be wearing a costume to work this year (I usually do) because instead of one big Halloween party, we are doing small-scale individual classroom ones, and my class' will be over by the time I get there at lunch. I will however, be wearing my favourite white sweatshirt with the ghost shouting BOO! in bright orange letters, my black and purple Halloween socks, and my dangling pumpkin and black cat earrings! Sometimes it's fun working in daycare!
Have a BOOtiful day everyone!

donna
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. Very humid today. We are suppose to be stormy, but we will deal with it as long as it has rain. We need the wet stuff. I can't keep my family out of the Halloween candy. Glad it is tonight. I love being the one to hand it out, because the little kids I teach can not believe teachers have houses, families or normal things. They are so funny sometimes. I usually get the comments about my house, etc but one year I was not feeling good so the family filled in for me, giving the candy. I had to go to the door, when they were all busy, and it was a group of my students. One said "Wow, your hair isn't fixed" and the other one said "yes, and she doesn't have a bra on either" That was my last time handing out candy that year. To this day I wonder if that kid remembers what he said. He is a senior this year.

Happy Halloween

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Good morning and BOO from Louisiana. I've been off work for a couple of days so I've enjoyed catching up on all the posts I've missed.
Our subdivision had a halloween party for all the kids on Saturday so we don't expect many trick or treaters tonight.
Everyone have a great Monday!
Angela
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Yeoman

Morning all, and being in central texas as well, it's humid and yukky, with chances of rain today. I volunteer at the local library, so no dressing up in costume. BUT..I am wearing a T-shirt that says: "YOU DON'T SCARE ME! I HAVE CHILDREN!"
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Captain

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Halloween and I'm not dressing up for work, well, I'm dressing but not in a costume. I don't think anyone did last year and not sure if Abbott's would be big on it! :-)

We're in a super weather pattern right now, almost Nov. and high 60's this week, woohoo, can't beat that!

I'm not going in until 9:00 as work has been slow again, not good. I'm hoping going into winter the hours pick up some.

Have a great day!
Old October 31st, 2005, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI.

I have a little problem today---the Reeses pieces that I bought last week for the trick or treaters have all disappeared. Guess I need to get to Walmart today.

We have a annual condo meeting tonight. Strange that they planned it that way. We really only get a few kids trick or treating in this area, and I'm hoping they come early before I leave.

4 nights til we put on our snowbird wings and head for Florida.

Phyll
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Yeoman

A late good morning & Happy Halloween! It's just me & the dog & cats at home so no dress up for me. I'll wait & enjoy seeing the kids costumes. I love the little ones especially! We get about 300 kids so I'm really looking forward to it. My hubby & some of the other guys in the neighbourhood wander up & down the street & stand around having a couple of beers to watch the goings on. Our kids haven't trick or treated for about 12 years, but hey it's tradition!

Have a good one! Keeping all those with troubles in my thoughts.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning/Happy Halloween

Good morning from So, oops, Minneapolis, MN. We're off to the airport in a few minutes. It's overcast here and looks like it could rain. Just so it doesn't snow before we get out

Had a really nice visit with Betty and Mike last night.

Wikll catch up when I get home.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning and Happy Halloween!
Had a very busy weekend. Winterized the porch and raked leaves on Saturday - we had so many leaves! Sunday was clean-out and winterize the camper.
Tried a new restaurant on Saturday - it was great, its an old train depot that has been lovingly restored, good food, reasonable prices, will definatley go back.
Sorry Ed - but..... WOO HOO GO PATS! Tedy B is back!
Old October 31st, 2005, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Happy Hallowe'en CruiseMates from a cloudy,going to be rainy Vancouver. The youngest has an afternoon party at school and she will dress up as a horse.(We got the costume on sale after last Hallowe'en.) She knows she wants to be a pirate for next year!lol I took a vacation day off from work today;just happened to be an early shift=hurray!
Everyone take care. Bye for now. Brenda in Vancouver
Old October 31st, 2005, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Guess it's not morning anymore. Oh, well. Good afternoon. I have been around all day just not in a good mood. For some unknown reason, I am really missing my kids today. Could be Halloween, could be since it's getting closer to Thanksgiving and there not coming home or it could just be my emotions.

Anyway, what a beautiful day it is here. Can't believe two days ago it was snowing.

Hope everyone has a great and safe Halloween. Happy Scaring.