Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:22 AM
Admiral

Default Paranoid about Texans (VBG)

In another thread, somewhat commented that the Conquest might stay in Galveston on a full time basis (home port New Orleans)

Our beloved football team the New Orleans Saints are being seriously courted by the city of San Antonio

A recent article in the paper indicated Texas had the most Katrina evacuees based upon the zip codes change of address forms with the U.S post office

One of the premier college annual Thanksgiving football games in America the "Bayou Classic" between Grambling and Southern is being played and televised from Houston

The U.S. Post Office is only delivering first class mail since August 28th and we are told all of our magazines and any mail that was attempted to be delivered from August 28th thru October 1st, is being held in a huge warehouse in Houston/Dallas and the post office has no idea when it will be delivered to us, because they are short of help. This means that Texas has my cruise magazines that I haven't read for 2 months that I am now receiving subscription renewal notices for

So I'll ask our CM'ers from Texas, what are you going to try to take from New Orleans next ???? (VBG)
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:18 AM
Yeoman

Ohhh..that's easy...Pat O'Brian's

I was there, N.O., last halloween for a huge Gaming convention! WOW!
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Venice, I think one of these days all things N.O. will be back there. The Conquest is having some problems with the size, so if it stays that means Galveston will have to do more for the port. The saints will always be the saints from N.O. I get the feeling that the owner is playing what can you give me games. Which is fine, that's business. I meet him by the way. A couple of weeks ago in the parking lot of the Saints-Falcons game. I had to ask someone who he was, but he sure was well loved. Lots of pictures being taken. I read yesterday that your port there in N.O. was not that damaged, but not only would it be fixed, it would be better. N.O. took a stumble, but it didn't fall.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 1st, 2005, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Most in Houston will give it all back!!! We are kind of crowded....

Really there is no place like New Orleans and I know Carnival can not wait till it opens back up - way too many ships in Houston and NCL has dropped prices so much on the SUN and Dream trying to sell them out - too many ships for Houston. PLEASE OPEN NEW ORLEANS!!! I think that was the real reason CCL chartered their ships to FEMA because they knew they would have a hard time filling them with so many in one port..

IS the Port of Mobile up and running??? Debbie
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Admiral

I would love Conquest to permanently reside in Galveston... who can complain about lower prices ? I dont think N'Orleans will EVER be the same... Im sure it will be refurbished, rebuilt, reorganized... but I think alot of SPIRIT has left !! I think too many people are afraid this could happen AGAIN someday. But, thats jmo.

I wish all the survivors of any event will find peace & happiness wherever they can... they certainly deserve it.

ciao for now,
Steph