Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Good Thursday Morning

I get to be first today, unless someone else is still up.. You would have thought i would be asleep by now, but not happening. I hope all of you have a great day.

I have to work the next couple of days in a classroom that has some difficult students in it. I will have a headache, but maybe I can make a difference.

Take care,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning Luanne and all to follow.

Luanne - I know what you mean about "difficult" students........as a long term care nurse, I have had "difficult" patients and/ or families in the past and will have them again in the future. All you can do is do your best and hope that some of what you are doing gets through.

Have a day off today and near record warmth is expected here in SE Wisconsin - Phyll, I forbid you to leave for Florida as long as the weather is this good! When it gets cold again, then you can go!! <vbeg>

Have a great day everyone!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

A good Thursday to y'all.
Another very busy day in front of me.
Got my car back from the body shop where is has beautiful new paint and all scratches, dings are fixed. It looks like a new car. :o

Hope all is fine with every one.
Have a nice day
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.This time next week I'll be on my way to San Francisco....yay!
Angela Z.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Wind Advisory has been published for most of the day. I'm holding my breath. Hoping there are not too many outages as tonight is the Open House at my son's school. We pick up his Report Card, then go to see all his teachers. He usually has straight A's and no discipline problems, but I still like to have contact with the teachers, and it seems that I do it alone every year cause my husband gets stuck at work. This is his last chance, as we will have an empty nest next year.

DH is supposedly taking tomorrow off and we will head out to do some Christmas shopping - will spend the night and take our time coming home the next day. I really hope to get most of it done. I did a lot on-line last night, but I still have quite a ways to go.

Son will be gone this weekend. He has been invited by the head coach for all the running teams at the University of Southern Maine to come visit the school for the weekend and workout with the team. He is pretty excited. Plus he plans on upgrading his Cross Country Skiis on his way to Maine at a ski shop in NH. He thinks the team has a good shot at second place this year and he wants to do his part.

Othodontist appointment went ok. Teeth are being squeezed now and are pretty sore. Soft foods for awhile. Good thing soup is one of my favorite things in the world.

Off to the gym for PT workout. It isn't helping my hip at all, but making me have even larger thighs so none of my pants fit. I'm not at all happy and think I'll be cancelling all this pretty soon. I'm vain, big man thighs are not an option, so what if I have to drag my leg for the rest of my life.
(Just kidding, ...sort of...)

Have a nice day
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! We may never see MikaLyn again now that she has a licence and a car!! However she has come to the realization that she needs gainful employment to pay for gas as Mom, Dad and Evil Stepdad have no intention of paying for it. We told her the school bus still stops at the end of the street as always.

Still fairly mild and a beautiful weekend ahead although the leaves are piling up.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's going to be a lovely fall day here in upstate NY. The leaves on the trees are not the bright Autumn colors, but are browns, rust, and bronzes. Very beautiful when the sun comes out. I need to get the camera out before all the leaves are gone.

All's quiet here at work, so you know what that means...

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning, good morning, good morning.

Just stop by to say good morning.

Bill
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. I am at the office early so I can get out of here as soon as possible to head to Tampa. I'm looking forward to the concert and then going up to see my parents for a few days (should be fun even though I will have to work.) At least the time will go by really, really fast until my CRUISE!!!

Luanne, Sue, thinking of you.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Hi There, Everybody,
It's back to the usual forecast here in Avon Park, FL: it's sunny outside and the temps will be up in the mid-80's all week. Low chance for rain until sometime next week.
Believe it or not, there are seasons down here. The squirrels are scampering about doing their "fall thing" and the colors are changing. And, we do get leaves on the ground from the Oaks.
Last night I was in a deep sleep until 5AM, literally dreaming I was on the cruise ship. I wish it were true!!!!
Have a terrific day! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Windy day again. (I'm afraid of the wind) At least the sun is shining. Not much planned for the day, just daycare and WalMart.

Woke up missing my kids again, which always puts me in a sad depressed mood. You think after my son being in Tampa for 3 school years and my daughter for 2, I would be used to it. But I'm not. Probably feeling this way since my son's 21st birthday is in 9 days and I can't celebrate it with him. (except by phone)

Luanne--happy to hear everything is brightening for Joe.

Michelle--have a great time at the concert and with your parents. My son works at the Forum but not tonight, he has a class.

"Friends are like stars. You may not always see them but you know they are always there."

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Morning from a beautiful Spring day in Michigan! High in the low 70's! November right?

Taking my Mom Xmas shopping today to beat the crowds.

DH in Boston today at the convention center. He is so hoping to get the chance to go to a great place to eat dinner while he is there. Any suggestions?

All is well.

Have a great day all.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:57 AM
Yeoman

Good morning!

It's 55 degrees in the town of Fort worth. My Child hasn't stopped blathering since 6:30 am (wonder where he gets it from ) and it is my golf day~! Nothing better then being one with a driver in this brisk weather!

have a good one!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:21 AM
Passenger

Good morning all!

It's a beautiful morning here and promises to be a wonderful day. My boss returns today after two weeks on a cruise so I'll be in there picking his brain!

VTJen: Enjoy your son's time at home; when my DH and I became empty nesters all we did for 6 months was talk about the children. It was a sad time but also a time of getting to know each other again. I'm not sure if that's the right way to explain it but it certainly was an adjustment for us! Now we love it and can do whatever we want, when we want.

Have a great day everyone!

Angela
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Looks like another beautiful day here. Lisa, I wish I could stay, but I don't want to wait til the snow comes before I head to Florida.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a dreary, wet, 5C Montreal, a very "November" day.
Not much new here today (that is a good thing!) 'cause usually there's too much going on!
I'm hoping to get some more painting done tonight and finish the last 2 doors, then finally clean up the paint stuff.......until next weekend, when we are having someone come in and paint the living room! It never ends, does it?

donna
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the house of the stomach flu Little one was sick and I got it bad yesterday. Last night middle daughter got it too. I just hope our grandkids don't get it! Oldest picked up middle daughter from school yesterday as I could not move off the sofa or bucket
I am feeling better today, it's a short bug.
Take care mates...still lots of stress here. Phyll, maybe we can see eachother when you are down here?
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Atlantic Ocean. No rain today, but not too much sun either. Temp is about 79F so not complaining. Enjoying the ship and relaxing.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, its another beautiful sunny fall day in Mass. Its actually nice and warm. Raked more leaves last night, its seems never-ending this year! Getting myself organized to start my holiday baking
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates...I can not belive this weather we are having here in November. In the 70's and going into the 80's by weekend. 8)

I came to work this morning and things just seem to be looking better. We all finally got our uniforms and that boosted moral a bit. At least we all look alike now. I am sure the job is going to get better, it just takes a little time. I thank you all who have sent up prayers and good thoughts. You just DO NOT KNOW how good that feels and how MUCH it helps. I am so proud to call this community my second home with my other family

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and I will be off the next 3 days. Headed off to the country to visit my mom and relax. See Yaz all on Monday.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

A late good morning from sunny Southern California. Temps have been in the 80's the last couple of days. Weather mavens say it'll cool off, but we haven't seen it happen so far.

Keith is trying on suits for the wedding we're going to this weekend in Central CA. I can' believed he's lost so much weight; nothing fits him. Those suspenders will save him a lot of embarassment

Gotta run. Have a good day, CM's.

Judy