Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:25 AM
Admiral

Default Cars

What kind of car do you drive? Do you like it?

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:05 AM
Yeoman

Okay! this is scary michelle After reading your post about what kind of car you wanted to get after the sale of your Jag, i was going to pop on here and ask everyone what they drive to aid you in your search.

So, Here goes. I had an xterra, 6 cyl. manual, but due to knee problems I had to get an automatic, and decided a gas efficiant one too. MY HUSBAND traded it in for a new Ford 4-door v-8 pickup truck. Yeah. gas efficiant. he is still getting teased. there is a long story on that I won't get into here.

This is what we drive:

1995 Ford F150 Lightning
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck
2004 Ford F150 4-door pick up
2003 Lexus IS300 Sport Cross
**In storage I have my grandfathers 1972 Caddilac Eldorado convertable

Do I like them? Ehh They are all my husbands except my Cad, the lexus is my daily driver, fun zippy, but not my first choice
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:18 AM
Admiral

We have:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica
2001 Chrysler Seabring Convertible
1990 Olds Ciera

We love the Seabring and are getting that way with the Pacifica. The Ciera is the car MikaLyn got from her grandmother and contemptuously calls it the "grannymobile", however she is using it without complaint.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Chrysler Pacifica-2005- I didn't want it, wanted a 300C, Dh talked me into this for travel reasons- Love it! So glad we did. Fits all needs, roomy, suv/car, luxury, smooth ride, fits my 6'2 son in the back seat. Seats fold down for cargo. IMHO the "cross over" vehicles are the best.

DH-Drives a 2005- Dodge Dakota-Bright red- What can I say. It's a guy thing. He always wanted one. Next car is going to be the new Charger. We never get a car the first model year.

Kids car- 2004-Dodge Neon srt.-fun to drive, good on gas. Which we need cause my son goes to three different high schools.

Dodge Dynasty-1990- Rust bucket! Well, lets just say that the kids drive this car!

Obviously we are Chrysler people. Born, raised and live by. Always had one, never had a problem.

My DH is involved with the autoshows so we hear of some great stuff coming out! I would tell you but then I would have to shoot you!

Hope that this helps in your decision. If you haven't checked out cross over's, please do. All auto makers have them now. They are the best of all worlds. They are half car, half suv.

For us, it is not about image. But about needs and what we will be using it for. Who's driving it and for what.

Later,
Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

I drive a 2003 VW Black Beetle Turbo..my other car is a 1996 VW Jetta..My son drives a 2005 Black Lexus 330 RV and a 2002 VW Jetta Turbo..my 2 year old grandson "petals" around in a brand new beetle like his grandfather

so I guess you could say we are VW beetle/jetta fans
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:02 AM
Admiral

I didn't have a car for a few years, because I commute to work by train, but this year, I inherited my mom's car which is a quite nice burgundy Saturn, 1996, but great condition, and never have any problems with it. Even last winter when I was driving it back and forth to the hospital in the dead of winter, it never once failed me. I think I had a guardian angel....

My first, and still my favourite car was the very first 1976 Honda Civic hatchback, that I bought 1/2 with my dad when I had my first job. When I left home, the Civic went with me, and I had it for 13 years!

donna
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM
Admiral

I drive a 1999 VW Bug and my dh a Ford that is old. Our next car will be a hybride>sp?> or a Toyota for sure.
RD I ahd the same car years ago<Honda Civic hatchback> love dit and it had a zillion miles on it.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Admiral

I drive a 1994 Ford Taurus wagon. It may be old but it only has almost 80000 miles on it. We bought it brand new (was a dealer demo, so it's loaded) even though it had 5000 miles on it. I don't drive very often or far. If it wasn't for my kids it would have even less miles. I absolutely love my car. His name is Drew.

Tony drives a 1998 Ford F-150 Supercab truck. He loves it, I don't. TOO BIG. He actually has more miles on his truck than I have on the car. He commutes to Brighton and back for work. Probably will start looking for a new truck for him soon. (another Ford)

TJ (my son) got my MIL's 1993 Dodge Spirit when she got a new car. It has very low mileage (even after 2 roundtrips to Tampa.) Looks good and runs great. Good for what he needs at school and he shares with his sister.

As you can tell by the ages of the cars, we keep them forever. We maintain them, so they last. Even after the past few months with Tony's truck problems, it didn't need major work for about 2 years. Guess everything went at once. We also have the best mechanic. My car before the Taurus was a 1982 Ford wagon. Had over 100,000 miles on it when I got the new car.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFyre
**In storage I have my grandfathers 1972 Caddilac Eldorado convertable

Do I like them? Ehh They are all my husbands except my Cad, the lexus is my daily driver, fun zippy, but not my first choice
Mark read the posts and immediately called me to say that if you ever want to sell the Cadillac, he wants it.

Rollerdonna - I used to have a '96 Saturn. Started to give me some problems and I got rid of it about a year and a half ago. You're lucky yours has been so reliable!

Venice - One of the cars I'm seriously looking at is the new diesel Jetta. Glad to hear you like the Jettas.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

In my mind I drive a 1963 Pontiac Bonneville Convertable .
In reality Gram and I both drive very practical cars (if one lives in the northeast and commutes 30+ miles each way to work). Gram drives a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. Papa drives a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. Notice a pattern? For a while my daughter dated a Nissan salesman.
Both cars will need replacing in the next 12 to 18 months.
Gram is looking at Subaru Forester or Honda CRV.
Papa is now looking at a 7 passenger SUV like Pathfinder or Honda Pilot.
We need 1 vehicle that will transport a load of grandchildren all at once.
Figure by then my fantasy vehicle will switch back to 1956 Pontiac Star Chief convertable. Both my "fantasy vehicles were cars actually owned and driven by my Mom when I was a kid.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:27 AM
Admiral

A beautiful Corvette and YES - I LOVE MY CAR!
Just under 50,000 miles on it.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:30 AM
Yeoman

We have a 2004 Toyota 4-Runner and a 2004 Acura MDX. Like PapaBill we have grand children hauling to do and need the room.
The 4-Runner ( mechanically ) may be the finest automobile I have ever had. The MDX is slightly bigger and better appointed and is also a beautiful running machine.
I can not comment on the VWs never having owned one but I did see an article on the internet within the past two weeks that VW sales are terrible and they have installed a new CEO to try and turn around the company. If sales are bad there must be a reason.

Regards,

BEn
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have a 2000 Chevy Suburban and a 2002 Mazda 626. Betty loves Mazda's. She had a 91 Protégé that we gave to my niece last year because we had no where to keep it and it was basically rusting. At that time it had 253,000 miles on it. In September it hit 290,000 and is still running great. It looks like hell but it runs great. It has never had any major mechanical problems.

Betty's 626 has 102,000 on it and other than the distributor from hell it runs quite well. My Suburban has less miles and runs well but it's more of a utility. Betty has given up on it after the last hunting trip.

I like your idea of the diesel. Just by new! Many older diesel engines do not run well on the bio diesel and clean diesel mixtures. Also hope diesel prices come down!
Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Carole..you know what they say about a woman and her "vet" (VBG)
Old November 3rd, 2005, 10:10 AM
Admiral

I drive a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4, and DW drives a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We need those 4wd vehicles up here in the snowy Northeast.
DW loves her vehicle, but I'm not too happy with my new ride. Should have stuck with the Ford (I wish I didn't wreck my old one )

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Default Cars

Keith (when he drives again) has a '91 Acura Integra. It's really a treasure. Good looking, NO problems, low mileage.

I drive a 2003 Mercedes C320. I bought it last January. And yes, Carole, I LOVE it

Judy
Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

In the winter I drive an Izuzu Rodeo and in the summer a 1987 Corvette Roadster. Hubby drives a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica (and sometimes I let him drive my Corvette). DD drives a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse, which we just bought. Unfortunately she totalled her 1994 Saturn about a month ago. Luckily no one was hurt, just the car.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Apparently my last vehicle was a "girls car" (Honda Prelude).
So I had to go out and buy an "old mans" car.

All of you will not have seen this model before as it is built in Australia.
It' a 1997 Ford Fairmont and I do love it. It's smooth and powerful.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
Carole..you know what they say about a woman and her "vet" (VBG)
Enlighten me. I don't think I have heard it.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yeoman

Wow Carole !!!
The Vette is DY-NO-MITE as JJ used to say on " Good Times ".

Regards,
Ben
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

Here's my baby!!

How can you not love that face?

banker

Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Admiral

We have a 2003 GMC Yukon (LOVE IT ) and traded in my 2003 Chevy Avalanche (miss it) to buy a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica (like it, not loving it)

My Avalanche was my all time favorite, I miss it every time I go to the garage.... The Pacifica replaced it, and its loaded to the nines... but I have trouble seeing so I really like the taller rides ! If we could sell the Pacifica, dh & ds want to get a BMW 3-series.... it would be a loss to sell @ $27K but we'd be glad to sell it for that !

Michelle, get what you are in comfortable in.... DONT
SETTLE !!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

I don't know what they say, I've never known any women that owned a vet (VBG)...this is your chance to feel free to make up something that is reflective of a woman that owns one
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I love and drive a Lexux 330, comes in so handy and the gas milage is decent. Husband drives a 2005 Toyota Avalon. Its actually kind of funny, my car I got in this really pretty dark blue...Son eneded up getting a Dodge Magnum and daughter got a Pacifica, all three in the same dark blue :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
I don't know what they say, I've never known any women that owned a vet (VBG)...this is your chance to feel free to make up something that is reflective of a woman that owns one
I am a member of a Corvette Club and at least half of our members are women. We have a few couples that both the husband and wife own their own vettes.

This car is my pride and joy (family members of course come first). I work on it myself and no one drives it but me and John. Well, Michael and Ashley have both driven it too.

When I get new tires, I wont let them drive it in the bay or out. They know this by now and don't even ask for my keys. I am very protective of it and no one EVER sits or leans on it. I hate to see people do that to any vehicle but especially one made of fiberglass. You don't realize how easily you can crack it with too much weight. Sitting on the hood or anywhere else is just a bad idea. I knew someone that let a Hooter girl sit on his vette for a photo. She rested her foot where the headlight pops up. When she got up, she put too much pressure on it and jammed it close. The repair was no cheap. I will never understand why someone pays thousands for a car/truck/whatever and then sits on it, puts there keys on it (scratches) or in general just abuses their investment. (off my rant now)

I guess I will have to think of a good quote for women and their vettes.....
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We are Ford people, because my dad worked for Ford.

Hubby drives a 2005 F-150 4x4 Red (thinks he's going to hunt with it)

Mine is a 2005 Escape White

Oldest son has a Taurus Blue

Youngest has whatever is in the driveway at the time.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Admiral

I drive a 2002 Toyota Tundra,,,near 100,000 miles, never a problem.

The lovely Mrs. Jones has a 2004 Honda Accord,,,,never a problem

We both ride a 2005 Honda GoldWing,,,,never a problem,,,and lots of fun.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

We own a 2002 Toyota Tundra with 20,000 miles Earl need for work
I drive the new Nissan Altima 2004 w/ 15,000
Just sold my 96 toyota camery loved that car only 48,000 mile
son drives a Lexis ? suv something
daughter has an old toyota tercel but get good gas mileage
son in law has a Ford Expodition
daughter in law has a Acrua ?
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have a 1999 Pontiac Bonneville that I got a year and a half ago with only 40,000 miles on it - was literally in great condition (and it still is.) I love this car. The car I had previously was a 1995 Dodge Stratus that I absolutely HATED! Was the most unreliable car I have ever had.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
Yeoman

Nolou525:

Quote:
I absolutely love my car. His name is Drew.
Your car is names Drew?

Michelle: Your husband wouldn't want this boat. it is a 500ci BEAST! and ugly! If I knew how to attach the picture of it, I would....