Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Admiral

Default Melania Trump ?????

Will be the Godmother of NCL Norwegian Jewel...I think I have a pretty good grasp of this tradition (which is a great honor)..but for the life of me I cannot figure out why, outside of being married to "the Donald", why she was selected for this honor...If she was not married to him would she even be in the running ? Perhaps she is from Norway..based upon Donald's track record with women, I don't know if I were NCL's owners, if this selection is a good bet !!!

I could think of several candidates that would fit the bill very nicely for this great honor and would reflect the "Q-Rating factor" that perhaps NCL is looking for

Perhaps someone on this board can educate me as to some logical reasons why she was selected (Trump going to go into business with Star?) or perhaps we could nominate a woman, who represents the honor of the ship

My nomination, Rosa Parks..she was a "jewel" that the world has just honored, for her strength, grace and committment to a cause so that all people would have equal access to facilities...now, my "wow" factor nomination would be Lena Horne
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

I can only give you what is published.
http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr103105.htm

Old November 4th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Sex & glamour sells.

Just look at advertisements, beautiful women sitting on the hood of a car. Don't think any of these fine ladies had anything to do with the design or manufacturing of the cars etc.

Bill
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Admiral

well I read this morning where NBC Today show and Royal Caribbean are teaming up with a contest to name the Godmother of the Freedom of the Seas and listed the criteria they are looking for in the essay which even futher validates my original post about why Ms Trump

BW, I understand your point about beauty and sex sells, but I think the honor of being a Godmother of a cruise ship is "a tad" different from sitting on a car in a car show