Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Passenger

Default Return Flight time?

I am in the process of booking a cruise for 4/2/06 on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan. If I book a return flight at 12:00 noon will that give me enough time to get off the ship and to the airport on time or should I book a later flight? Thank you very much!
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Your agent can find out the 'recommended' earliest departure flight time from Carnival, but having sailed out of San Juan numerous times, that is making it a bit tight in my opinion.
Old November 4th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Last time we cruised out of San Juan, we would have had time to make the 12:00. To be on the safe side, I'd recommend at least 1:00 PM.

Bill
Old November 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM
First Mate

Ah, the exact reason I decided to book my destiny airfare through Carnival. Last time, with a stateside port - we booked our own. But having read about some of the problems with the San Juan airport - and how very busy it is - we decided to go the extra bucks and let Carnival do the worrying..... I hope it was the right decision. Time will tell. Of course, it's still much too early to know what our flights will be - but it doesn't matter to me. I'm an early bird anyway -so if they book me on the red-eye - that's okay by me.
And coming home - they'll get me here eventually !!
Old November 5th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default Return Flight Time

I'd book later, around two p.m., if you can, just to be safe. For the Cruise of the Century, we'll have to overnight in Miami. Only early a.m. flights so far.

Judy