CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Sad news (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/303811-sad-news.html)

Darcy November 11th, 2005 09:14 AM

Sad news

Well after 19½ years I have to put my kitty to sleep today. While the head knows its the right decision the heart disagrees. Please keep me in your prayers today.

Thanks,

Darcy

Eaky77 November 11th, 2005 09:24 AM

Darcy,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. The loss of a pet can be almost as hard as a family member. It's so hard to put an animal down, but you did the best thing for your kitty. I will keep you in my prayers!!

Erin

Luanne Russo November 11th, 2005 09:29 AM

Thinking of you Darcy.

Luanne

bigjohn461 November 11th, 2005 09:37 AM

Thinking of you Darcy..I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

MaryLou November 11th, 2005 09:45 AM

Darcy: I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I had my cat for over 20 years. They really are a part of the family. You take care of yourself.

rollerdonna November 11th, 2005 09:52 AM

Oh Darcy, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you today.

donna

p.s. if you need a smile to help you through the day, just think of me and your chicken recipe, and the canned milk..... :)

nolou525 November 11th, 2005 09:56 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you today. We've had our cat for 10 years and I know that it would be hard if he wasn't around.

DougR. November 11th, 2005 10:01 AM

Darcy- My thoughts and prayers are with you. We had to have our precious little Smudge put to sleep suddenly in May. We still miss our little princess.

Thomas November 11th, 2005 10:41 AM

I'm sorry for you Darcy, I know how tough it is to do it. I've done it 3 times in my life. Just know that your kitty wants you to do the right thing.

Regards,
Thomas

Dorothy November 11th, 2005 11:05 AM

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Darcy. It's one of the hardest decisions to make.

dorothy

CruisinK n J November 11th, 2005 11:24 AM

Sad News

Putting an animal down is a very difficult thing. I remember when we had to put our beloved Siamese cat, Bozo, to sleep three years ago. Very sad. We still miss him. Will be thinking of you, Darcy.

Judy

Phyllbo November 11th, 2005 01:45 PM

Darcy, I'm so sorry to hear your news. It is heartbreaking to have to make that decision even when you know it was the best thing to do. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) to you.

Phyll

Mike M November 11th, 2005 02:22 PM

I am sorry to hear about your kitty. Just know that when you find that you have to make this decision it is in almost every case the right one.

Your friend will always live in your memory.

Take care,
Mike

Cruznut2 November 11th, 2005 02:43 PM

Darcy, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Losing a beloved pet is very difficult. My thoughts are with you.

Laura

paddletoe53 November 11th, 2005 02:54 PM

i know how you feel i had to do it to my best friend she was my frist real pet i had here for 11yrs and she was a real sweet dog and i still miss her

Darcy November 11th, 2005 04:07 PM

Thank you all for your support. Needless to say its been a tough day. I know it had to be done, but boy was it hard. He now has a nice a spot in my garden and will have a kitty statue in the spring.

cruisinforever November 11th, 2005 06:12 PM

Sad news

Darcy, so sorry that you have to do this. We all sure love our pets. Maybe because they don't give grief, just love. I still miss the Gimp; we put him down at 20 years old about ten years ago. I have to have a cat in my life always. All the best to you, Darcy.

Betty

sue November 11th, 2005 06:18 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I had to do the same last year with my cat of 14 years and it was very difficult. But she was suffering an dhad to be done. Last year Christmas my family bought me a new cat and I just love him..but my old cat Hope will always be in my heart!

scubagirl34 November 11th, 2005 06:47 PM

my heart breaks for you and I am praying for you. I have had my cat almost 11 years she is my baby and my dog is 19 months old and i love them as if they were my children. I am so sorry for your loss please know all of us are praying, thinking and can understand how u feel.

Pudy November 11th, 2005 08:58 PM

Oh, Darcy....I am so sorry to hear your news. I too know how you must feel. We have lost two of our darling fur babies. You had to make a very difficult decision, but it was made out of love. Each one of our pets, give us so much joy & they ask so little in return.

Thinking of you...

Phyllis

Fern November 11th, 2005 09:11 PM

Darcy,

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. We've been through the same thing and it's heartbreaking. We do what we have to, but it's not easy. Please let yourself grieve. It's normal.

I'll keep you in my prayers,

April November 11th, 2005 10:14 PM

Darcy
My heart goes out to you---having pets all my life it never is easy to let them go---but knowing that there is no more suffering -and being able to do the right thing----to spare them of that--- make it a bit easier.
Thoughts and prayers going out to you
April

dezertcruzer November 11th, 2005 10:28 PM

Darcy,
I hope that your pain becomes less as, with the passage of time, you are able to remember your beloved cat with fondness and laughter.

MichelleP November 12th, 2005 12:22 PM

I am so sorry sweetie. I have two kitties, my first pets that are "mine" and not family pets, and I can't imagine how it would feel to lose one. I know it's inevitable but I already get choked up thinking about it.

When my mom's beloved sheltie died a few years ago, she put together a little memory book with pictures and anecdotes from her life. That way she'll have a lasting way to preserve all the precious memories.

(((hugs)))

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Cindy November 12th, 2005 04:35 PM

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious kitty. :cry: I know how you must feel because on Thursday, we had to put our beautiful and sweet little Shi-Tzu, Stormy, to sleep. She was 12-1/2 yrs. old and was very precious to us. Our house seems too empty and quiet without her, but we couldn't let her suffer. Sending hugs to you and your family.
Cindy

hazelson November 12th, 2005 05:08 PM

That is so sad - but your beloved pet is in a much better place now - no pain or discomfort of any kind. It has happened to us several times but we just get right back "on the horse" so to speak - could there be a trip to the local animal shelter in the near future? Take care.

ttfn Jennifer

VTJen November 13th, 2005 07:26 AM

I too know your pain. I will pray for you as I know no words that make the loss any easier. Your kitty was part of your family - loving and with it's very own personality. Sending you hugs.

Fern November 13th, 2005 07:04 PM

Dear Darcy,

Here's a poem that's been posted on this site before. I thought you would like it. It helped me when I needed some consolation.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

tami3333 November 13th, 2005 07:32 PM

Darcy..I am so sorry about your kitty, my thoughts are with you..

JeanS November 13th, 2005 10:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your "child", sometimes we are more merciful to our pets than people....

Nice to know she had a good Mommy...