Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Default So sad about upcoming cruise - no Blue Lagoon island.

I was checking my reservation on Carnival.com for my cruise next week and clicked on my shore excursion for Blue Lagoon Island... an error appeared.

So I looked at Nassau shore excursions and it looks like the regular Blue Lagoon excursion is no longer offered. It still lists the dolphin encounter excursion, and the stingray city excursion says "This excursion is currently not available due to hurricane damage," but plain old Blue Lagoon Island isn't even listed.

Posters on another cruise message board are reporting that the company that ran the Blue Lagoon Island excursion is out of business.

I will call Carnival to double-check and see what they say, but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be.

This was my favorite shore excursion I've ever done and basically the only reason we booked this cruise. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.

And if anyone says, "why would you book a cruise just for the port," I will scream!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I won't say that. I know what you mean. I have been on line and on the phone all week it seems, trying to set up excursions, and the ports keep changing. When it is all done, we will probably end up going to some place I didn't book or thought I didn't book. I don't care at this point. Just get me on the ship, and we will figure something out.

Hope you get what you want.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Michelle,
As per your request I forwarded your inquiry on to my friend who will know the answer. She will get back to you as soon as she sees the e-mail Monday morning.
Jim
Old November 12th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Thanks all. I called Carnival and the lady I talked to didn't know anything about it.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 12th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Sorry about that Michelle, I too liked Blue Lagoon just for relaxing and some mediocre snorkeling. Oh well, guess you'll have to book another cruise when they are back up and running.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 12th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Michelle, the lady I sent your request for information definately will know. I think she has contacted you one time before about something you wanted to know. If it is shore excursions, Tracey knows.
Jim
Old November 13th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Admiral

So sorry Michelle! Per RD and your tip youngest daughter and I went there and we loved it!Isn't there another company that will go there? You are right, this would be my only reason to go to Nassau too. BUT..maybe you can find another spot that will become another favorite?
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Admiral

I'm really sorry about you having to miss your excursion, Michelle. It seems as if it's happening with many of the cruise lines--not so much going out of business but changing venues due to the hurricane damage. Several of my fellow cruisers were really disappointed about being diverted to the Eastern itinerary when we were on the way West. Then, the icing on the cake was having to miss the private island on the way home due to high winds and a cold front coming in from the North.

While this probably doesn't make you feel any better, I'm in the group that says to "just get me on the ship". I know that excursions are a very important part of the week. I hope there is an suitable alternative for you from which to choose.
Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old November 14th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Admiral

I won't say it, Michelle. I know how disappointed you must be. I was *just* getting ready to tell my niece and nephew they needed to visit Blue Lagoon on their Dec. 05 cruise on the Fantasy. Oh well....

Let me know what you find out and good luck finding something else.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004