Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning!

Happy Monday, Cruisemates! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Looks like a rainy day here today and getting colder. I didn't stay awake last night, but I am assuming our beloved Steelers won last night. Last time I saw the score it was 27-7 (I think). Hope you all have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Passenger

good morning mary lou,
sorry i cannot tell you about your steelers i do not follow football.
hope everyone has a great day
Old November 14th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am up, but going back to bed I am having lunch today with my friend... pals since since I was 11..Good dish, good food..yayaay!
Prayers to all in need..

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 14th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

What a difference in temps - this morning it is 50 out! The weatherman says in the next 72 hours we will experience fall, winter and spring. Sun, wind, rain, snow and a host of different temps. It is very winday right now. Of course my husband goes on call this week, so it will be interesting.

I have a big project that I have to accomplish with a friend today at church, we just finished collecting shoe boxes filled with goodies for children (I forget the name it is a ministry thru Samaritan's Purse). We had over a hundred boxes brought in, so we need to get them counted, make sure the money to ship is there and that everything is in order. It will be fun knowing that children somewhere will be enjoying a few small surprise for Christmas. It will be a break from the routine paper work that I usually trudge thru. Perhaps we will even take a lunch break and slip out for a few minutes.

Not much else going on here. I need to get myself organized, stop procrastinating, get energized and excited. I'd rather just sit in my chair.

Hope you all have a great day,
Old November 14th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Yea Mary Lou, the Steelers won 34-21, but I didn't see the end of the game either. I was too tired from driving back from Buffalo. Did I mention that the Bills won! Whoo hoo!!!! We were supposed to get rain during the game, but other than a 25 mph wind, it wasn't too bad out (about 60F).

I hope everybody had a great weekend. See ya!

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning Trip. Scuba girl, MaryLou and all CruiseMates:

Not local head line news but, still on front page: "Prison tattoo program keeps inmates healthy" It goes on: "Clean needles, counselling help reduce spread of hepatitis, HIV behind bars".

At the Renous maximum security prison, here in New Brunswick, they now have the first inmate trained at the prison to offer safer tatoo as part of a national pilot project at reducing the transmission of diseases like hepatitis C and HIV behind bars.

So, if you want a safe and free tatoo, commit a crime in New Brunswick.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! Our early Thanksgiving Dinner went quite well with great food and 13 guests, not including the extra dogs. Among the canines my grandpug Cody at 3 months was the star of the show. This is my last week at work before I cruise as I am taking all of next week off even though we don't cruise until Thanksgiving day.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Looks like it is going to be a nice day but rain expected tomorrow.

Had a 90th birthday party for our elderly neighbor last night at our house. She thought she was coming over for spaghetti and was very surprised when she came in to see most of the neighborhood. Everyone had a great time.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all.
Beautiful weather here in Florida temps will be in the low 80's and overnight a comfy 60*

The Bucs won against Washington too 36-35 !! WOW was it an exciting game. Ahead at the first quarter, then behind, then tied, then behind and then winning by one point. It was a heart attack game. If you are interested read about it on a sports web site.

I see this web site has changed again...Ugh I hate having to sign in each time I want to post.
Have a nice day
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl....yesterday I bought some luggage and I can now rest in peace My dh is wondering why we need all these bags We had friends over for dinner and they can lend us a few pieces also. Daughter went to school on time today and was very pleasant.She is working towards getting her phone priviliges back..in 1 week if all goes well This week we will be doing passports and get more stuff for our trip.It's kind of fun to buy warm winter clothes.
I was sick again last night with my stomach and went to bed as soon as our friends left. This morning I am not feeling too well either.

Have a wonderful day mates....
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all:

Driving a group of high school kids to a German field trip. I hate when schools do this. Ask parents to drive to save money. I get why, but you know they really put parents in a vunerable (sp?) spot. If something happens while I am driving these kids, I'm sued. Oh well, anyway I get see my girl in the middle of the day. Always makes me happy.

Sue: I've been wanting to ask you if you knew of the cell phone plan that you can track your kids? I don't usually believe in this kind of thing, but we did get it for our son. He doesn't even know we have it, but we can go on the web and his phone sends a signal telling us exactly where he is. I'm happy to say that the few times we checked he has always been where he said he was. Just a little parent insurance. Thought this might be helpful for you. Just a thought.

Cheryl: That was so nice of you to do that. What fun. Did she ever get her spagetti?

Doug: Glad Thanksgiving went well. We are having 16 over. No pets.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Captain

Good Morning,
I like those Samaritan boxes too. Love to go to the store with my Mom and find things to fill them. I saw Christmas lights last night. I think the guy had them lit as he was setting up. Smart to set them up while it is warm. Who knows what the next couple of weeks will bring. I will have to dig mine out of storage.
Karen
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Sue, I'm glad to hear that things are going a little better for your daughter. Hope you can get some rest and start feeling better today.
Cheryl, I wish I could have seen your neighbors face when she came into your house. That was a really nice thing to do.
Doug, glad to hear that your Thanksgiving dinner went well. You're making me hungry for turkey day just thinking of it.
BW, I'm so relieved to know that those people in your prisons are protected from all those germs.
Trip, enjoy your lunch and chit chat with your friend today.

Have a good one all and stay safe.
Phyll
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Tina thanks for the PM I never knew they had a system to track cell phones! If we ever get our daughter one I have to add it on.But, she is not allowed to have one and I don't see any reason to give her one. What is the tracking program called ? I am wondering if Cingular has it?
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Sue I will find out the exact details and PM you. Good peace of mind thou for you. It works very well. It's a built in GPS!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a very windy Montreal! It's actually quite warm, 9C or high 40'sF, and sunny too, but there's some real dark clouds blowing in and I know the snow is just hiding in there!
Plumbing problems are the order of the day. Over the weekend, our bathtub drain backed up and in trying to clear it, we discovered a major leak in the pipes down in the basement, so have to position a garbage can under it in order to take a short shower. The plumber is coming this morning.
Meanwhile, while out with the dog last night, I noticed a mini geyser sprouting at the end of our neighbour's driveway - we have a broken water main. Called the city and all they did was put up 2 orange cones overnight. The city truck has just arrived to have a look at the problem.
Not a great way to start the week!

donna
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............dark & chilly today.......fog coming in tomorrow I guess.......

Off to the hospital to see Larry...........

Have a good Monday.....

Sharon
Old November 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The snow in Calgary did not materialize, thankfully (since I haven't got my winter tires on yet).

Heading back to work shortly. Can't imagine what awaits after 3 weeks away. That's the longest one time stretch I've been away since about 1995.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 14th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, prayers going out to all who need them. sharon so sorry to see Larry is back in the hospital. Special prayers for him. Everyone have a good Monday.
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from NH's Lakes Region. A lovely warm day here today. I am picking up Patty later to go out for a while. I have an appointment to morrow to see about having my cataract taken care of. I hope it is "ready" this time. I am anxious to be able to read again. I had one done 2 years ago and it has made a big difference in my sight. Have a good day all.

Laura
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,
Not much going on here today,,,just work,,,YUCK !! Think I need a cruise. <bg>
It's starting to get cold here,,,64 right now. Temps expected to drop later on this week. Thank goodness I'm headed out to Fla. on Sat.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

A late good morning to you all. Laptop computer misbehaved, so had to get on the big one. A warm day here is SoCal . . . in the 80's again.

Nothing much on the agenda except a bunch of phone calls and the gym.
We saw a really funny play yesterday, "A Star is Born." Wonderful cast.

Have a good Monday, CM's.

Judy
Old November 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny, but cool Vancouver. I have not checked in much the last few days. Friday we went to the local Remembrance Day ceremony-cool and rainy! Our youngest daughter's feet 'froze', but she survived! Then we had a quick visit with my sister. Saturday we got off our 3 Operation ChritmasChild boxes sent off-it is such an easy thing to do. VTJen- we got a letter back once from one girl in Guatemala (as there was a US worker there)=amazing! Yesterday was a long Nutcracker Ballet practice for the girls. Just work later today and then early shift tomorrow. Busy week ahead for us!
Still have not booked our cruise for next December. I am kind of wondering if it is a wise thing to do , as the youngest will be out of the Nutcracker 'loop' and may miss an excellent opportunity/role in the future by missing a year.
Take care everyone. Bye for now. Brenda