Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Good morning folks! Happy Tuesday. We are expecting a high of 70 today, but it has rained all night and will continue into today. Tomorrow we are to drop to th 40's...CRAZY! 28 years ago, today, I have birth to my baby girl, Jackie. It is so hard to believe how old SHE is getting. I hope you all have a good day!!!!!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. My trip to San Francisco was wonderful....those are some hills to climb!
Happy Birthday to Jackie! Mary Lou, of course only our kids are getting older!
Angela Z.
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a rainy morning here in upstate NY, too. The cool weather will be welcome, because Saturday is the opening day of deer season in NY. Maybe a little snow?? I could only hope!

Not much going on around here. Just waiting for the weekend.

Mary Lou, please send a Happy Birthday to Jackie from all of us.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! Prayers are needed for a coworker of mine:

Ameesha went into labor on Saturday November 12, 2005. Horribly serious difficulties ensued. Ameesha actually suffered an apparent seizure and was clinically dead before being revived. The circumstances of her revival apparently have been most unfavorable for her baby. Ameesha is hospitalized in intensive care where she is heavily sedated and with her husband by her side. My reading on the information I have received is that there is cause for optimism for Ameesha's ultimate survival. Her baby is located in a Level III hospital for critically ill children. The prognosis for her baby is much less promising.

Today is SDM day!!!! Getting excited!!! Suitcases are out!!!! Documents are together!!!! Excursion booked!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
Lots of blue skys today, birds are singing, palm trees are swaying.. OMG I think I'm going to write a song..
Several things to do today, see you guys later.
Stayed up late and chatted with sucba gal and a couple of people who work on cruise ships, very interesting to get a behind the scene prospective.
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Just waiting for the predicted freezing rain to start, to be followed by snow then back to sleet then just plain old rain. Sounds like a great day to me. Tomorrow we get to expect thunderstorms!

Have a doctors appt. today. Don't really know what to expect. Depends on how much I tell him I guess. Don't feel up to more tests, but sick of not feeling well. I hate double edged swords, ya just can't seem to win.

ML - Happy Birthday to Jackie!
Doug - I will pray for Ameesha and her baby. How Sad. Congrats on being a SDM!

Wishes for all Mates to enjoy a great day are on the way!
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates from swfl...middle daughter is off to school and so far yesterday and today went well.Received the boarding school material yesterday and she looked it over. She said: Good thing I did not skip a class, I don't want to go there! I hope she does know how serious we are with this. We told her if she acts up again and leaves this is the way she will go. It would break my heart but tough love is better at times.

I keep complaining to my dh we don't have enough luggage.he does not seem to understand we need lots of bags I am just glad the kids get 2 bags each also so we can use their space too on the way back.Talked to my family in Germany yesterday and everything is in place for the day that we get there. Not until 130pm so this will be a long day since it takes about 1 1/2 drive from Frankfurt to Fulda. I am hoping it won't be too cold for us.
Ameesha will be in my prayers plus the baby.How sad! Was the baby full term? Take care mates!
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Central Florida. Gonna be a pretty nice day again here at home but is supposed to rain on the coast. And as luck would have it that's where we are headed. Going to Kennedy Space Center with Thumper (dd). We have tickets to go on a tour and I'm hoping that we don't get too wet. Guess I should take my umbrella.

Sure am missing having my cabin steward and dining room people. 16 days makes one very lazy. It's wonderful while it lasts but tough to adjust when it all becomes your job again. Oh well the solution to that is to book another cruise. Will have to look into that possibility.

Marylou wish Jackie a very happy birthday from us and Doug it is terrible to hear about such sad things. Will keep them in our prayers.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a bleak and overcast Montreal, where that 4-letter "s" word is in the forecast! Worse than that, is it's supposed to be accompanied by freezing ice pellets! Yuck!
Today is my bi-weekly Tues. off, and since I missed it 2 weeks ago, it feels long overdue! I've got a whole list of errands to do, appointments to keep, and maybe, just maybe, get around to painting my son's bedroom. Sheesh! Maybe I should go to work, it'll be less strenuous!

Doug, prayers going out to your co-worker and her baby.
ML, happy birthday to Jackie!
Sue, keep on with the "Tough Love", and go to one of their meetings for more ideas and support!
VTJen, hang in there, hope you feel better soon.

Well, better get going. Wish me a safe day on the snowy, icy roads today!

donna
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Waiting for the rain to come. It is very gloomy outside right now.

Not much on the agenda today. Only have one daycare kid, so might do some Christmas shopping.

Doug--I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker and her baby. Prayers are on the way for Ameesha and her baby. Congrats on becoming SDM.
Jen--good luck at the doctors today. Tell him everything so they can check you out completely.
MaryLou--Happy birthday to your daughter.
Sue--I am so happy to hear that, so far, your daughter is doing well. Yes, tough love is hard but it works.
Tweety--have a great time at the Kennedy Space Center. I am going there with my parents and DH when we go to Florida in January.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Doug, prayers are out for your co-worker. How terribly sad.

Jen, hope you get a good word from your doctor.

RD, can you believe I'm jealous of the "s" word? Okay, maybe I don't want snow right now, but it's still in the 70's and 80's - unseasonably high for our area - and I'm ready for at least sweater weather!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Cruisemates. Only have a minute to say Hello. I am off to school, to try to make a difference. Prayers to those who need it, and love to all the rest.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,
It's foggy here on the east coast of Va. But the temps are still warm for this time of year. Don't want to even hear about that "s" word. That's why I moved south many years ago.

Prayers for your co-worker and her baby Doug,,,So sad.

Sue glad to hear things are going better for you,,,

Jen be sure and tell your Dr. all,,,,it's the only way they can "fix" you,,,

DH is still in the U.P of Mich. deerhunting,,,but he has no deer so far.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. I don't yearn for snow, either, but I, too, would like sweater weather. It'll get hot here -- the upper 80's -- and very dry. That means fires .

Well, we have a busy day ahead of us, so I'd better get cracking.

Have a good Tuesday, CM's.

Judy
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Happy Birthday to your beautiful sweet daughter, MaryLou. Give her a hug for me.

I've got to run and pick up the ladies to go for lunch with my brother. I'll catch up this afternoon. Prayers going out for those who need them.

Phyll
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Chill in the air in Calgary today, but no snow has materialized.

I'm off on Costco run for work, then a day to catch up on all the paperwork and bill paying I missed while cruising.

Beginning to prepare now as well for the charity Christmas party we do every year in the bar. Dec. 9 is the day, and have to hit up all my suppliers for prize donations. We always try and make sure everyone who attends wins a prize of some sort.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/