Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Good Friday morning!

Good morning from Orlando. Am I really the first? Todays my last day of work until Tuesday the 29th....yay! Of course there's lots of work to do around the house for dinner for 12 next week.
Tonight we're off to Palm Beach Gardens for a high school football game and tomorrow is state marching band competition in St. Pete. On the road again!
Angela Z.
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning Angela! Lots of late sleepers this morning?

Not local news but, still an interesting article that made second page headlines: California lab employees show up for work after winning $315M" It goes on: A secretary and six laboratory workers at Kaiser Permanente held winning ticket for the $315 million US Mega Millions jackpot - but they still came to work".

This speaks extremely well for the employer I would say.

I had a busy week and TGIF.

Have a fun weekend,

Bill
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

"It's beginning to look a lot like Chris......" It's not that bad where I live, but when the snow started falling, the drivers didn't slow down. There was an 8 car pile-up a few miles from my house. The bridges froze before the road crews got out and it got a bit slippery out there. Good thing I'm not going to Buffalo this weekend; they got about 6" of snow!

Tomorrow's the first day of deer season, so I'll meet two of my brothers at a local greasy spoon to plan our attack. Wish us luck!

I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

There is a light dusting on snow on the ground, and seems like we might be getting a bit more. It is cold.

Well the bottom braces are in place. I don't love them, but will live. Jaw is very sore, and inside of mouth is raw in places.

Got a little further ahead in my Christmas shopping. Will I ever finish? Also did a little retail therapy for myself.

Drove home in snow squalls - reminding me that I really don't like winter.

Busy weekend. Semi-formal at the High School tonight. Son asked a girl who moved a year ago -she now lives about an hour and a half away, so she will be spending the night. They will go out to a nice resturant first, take pictures.

On Sunday is the High School variety show. Son is in three acts. Him and his guitar singing/playing "Cats in the Cradle", then he is in a Men's Acapella group. Then he is in his rock band - and they will be doing a Red Hot Chili Pepper song. Two shows on Sunday - I'll be at both of them.

Most go today and have all that blood work done. I was reading the names of the tests, stuff I have never heard of.

Better get motivated, lots to accomplish today.
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning, There is a light dusting of clouds in the sky andrain is coming along with a ciold front should be here by Monday. Wishing you all is great day and wonderful weekend.
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Ed, with the season starting on weekend is it true that the farmers paint the word "Cow" on the sides of their livestock?? Noticed that the Voyager was in port at Bayonne as the bus neared NYC this morning. I know that my cruise is less than a week away but I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!!!!!! Bill, if I won the lottery like that I would show up at work too so I could tell my boss the bloodbeast to kiss my a**.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. No snow here, but we will be putting up with those pesky showers.

Jen, I'm glad the lower braces aren't giving you too much trouble.

Ed, have fun with your buddies and good luck with the deer hunting.

Angela, you're off til the 29th and no cruise???? Enjoy your time off. I know you'll be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.

BW, Jeanne and the rest of your CMers, have a great day.

Phyll
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Passenger

Good Friday morning all! It's getting cold here too but we still have most of the leaves on the trees and green grass. I'm ready for the fall look.

Ed and Doug: For hunting season I have an orange blanket for my horse; better safe than bar-b-que! My husband is a duck hunter. Good luck.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Only 15 more days before we cruise!

Angela
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. 80F temps are gone now for a while will just have to live with the 70's. Just happy that I don't have to live with the snow this winter.

Angela enjoy your time off.
Doug I agree I sure would never have gone to work after winning the lottery.
Pesky showers here too Phyl, but only a 20% chance today.
Sharon glad to hear that Larry is home once again.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Cold and windy today. Hope the snow some are getting doesn't make it's way to Massachusetts.

My son told me last night that his kidney stone seems to have found a resting place. So for now, NO PAIN.

He also told me when he worked at the St. Pete Times Forum WEdnesday night it was for the U2 concert. (just love that group) He said of all the concerts he's been to and worked at, they are the best. It was non stop music all night. He told me they are fantastic in concert. When are they coming to Boston?????

Busy day today with the daycare kids. It's Mickey Mouse's birthday so we are having a Mickey party. The kids are showing up in Mickey or Disney character shirts. We have a Mickey birthday video to watch and special gifts for later. I think I'm as excited as the kids.

Sunday is my annual all day shopping marathon with my mom. I'll being thinking of Trip as I'm out and about.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a brilliant and sunny Montreal, where it's -6C, with a light dusting of snow. I drove home last night in horrible blowing snow squalls, and asked myself yet again, "Why do I live here"?

Still recovering from the fantastic Chris de Burgh concert last night - I screamed myself hoarse! He has a second show scheduled for tonight in Montreal, and if I could afford it, I would go again, it was that good!

Interesting story about the lottery winners BW. I know that my co-workers and I would probably do the same, out of love and care for the children, but I'm sure all of us would retire as soon as we could hire replacements!

Harry Potter comes out today, and tonight I think my son and I will go see it. I've been waiting a long time for this one!

donna
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all you sea dogs...
It's cooooldd out side today temps are in the 50's. I had to break out the sweater.
DH likes to do his jogging in this weather. Having the house professionally cleaned in time for the holidays. boy does my house smell good.

Now i can put up some christmas stuff... lights on the palm trees, scented candles, werath on the door, etc
Not much else going on till the family gets here.
My son will be arriving Saturday night for a few days. Daughter and her husband next week.
Have a good day and weekend.. GO BUCS
they play Atlanta on Sunday. Watch if you can on fox network.
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates from Cool Central Texas. I have to go to the post office today to mail a Towel book from Carnival. I found someone who would like to give one to her husband for Christmas. She tried to get one from E-Bay, but the price got up to 50.00. This one I have has been sitting in my new cruise box since we got home, so I told her she could have it.

This is the third week of deer season here. My husband already has two and my son has one. We donated the meat to the soup kitchen, and our little homeless shelter. I don't eat or cook meat that doesn't have a store label on it. I don't want to know what it looked like alive.

The Army does paint the cows with paint to keep people from shooting them. They are usually Hot Pink. Several years ago, a young soldier painted the word cow backwards. He said the reason he did it was because you paint the words backwards on emergency vehicles. It was explained that YOU DO THAT IF THEY ARE COMING FAST BEHIND YOU. These aren't fast cows.

Have a great day everyone.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Wind is HOWLING in Calgary this morning. It's a warm chinook wind that comes rolling over the Rocky Mountain, and gets warmer as it drops down into the foothills.

But today will be a day I'm thankful I don't wear a toupe
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........mid to upper 40's for today......guess that means winter is getting closer.......

Tweety......I'm glad he's home too.......trying to get back to a normal schedule today....grocery shopping.....yuck.......

Y'all have a good Friday!!!!

Sharon
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where it definitely is NOT cold Temps continue in the 80's, and the fire alerts go on, as well.

I still have not heard from the nurse-practitioner who cares for my mother. I just called her again a few minutes ago and left a message.

Not much going on here. Need some breakfast, some coffee, and then the gym later. I picked out some Christmas gifts from the Gump's catalog.

Another family member is having the Thanksgiving feast this year. She's a good ccok, too. Keith looks forward to seeing his brother in Phoenix next week.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from chilly SE Wisconsin - 23 right now. Not much going on here today except it is back to work for the weekend. Uggh. Have a great day everyone!
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's getting hard to handle my new morning routine. I don't even get online until after 10:00. Betty is a slave driver.

Kuki: Make sure you wear a hat! I used to have a full head of hair until I spent a week battling Chinook winds.

Luanne: Your husband will have to do what I do with venison. Just make most of it into sticks and sausage. Then Betty will eat it. The loins and steaks are delicious. The ones from my hunting are already gone. My son and I ate them within two days after I got home and he hates venison. (except the loins)

Well, I have another busy day on tap: Hard Liquor and Handguns Daycare opens at noon. We have Reiker for two hours and Ramie until tomorrow. Late this afternoon, we are going to the Children's Theater and see the Nutcracker ballet, with Ramie. Grandpa's gonna get him some culture.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a slightly sunny Vancouver. Just spent some time counting hot lunch money for my youngest's class. Busy day today: HPotter movie with the eldest, then I take her to Ballet and then go to the opening of the art & woodcarving show.(My husband woodcarves.)
Mike-enjoy your Nutcracker Ballet!!
Seatrekker-cool! Lights on palm trees!!
Nolou-I remember seeing U2 at a small place in about 1980 and then seeing the bass player at the nightclub I usually went to. What a great idea for the kids about Mickey's birthday!!
VTJen-glad the braces went okay. Just replaced a wire&bands for my daughter yesterday; a bit tighter for her.
Re:the lotto winners. Yes, if it was just me winning I would be out of there faster than....but if our lab dpt. group won,well lucky I only work parttime and could work for 3 weeks(notice) more until I quit!!!
Everyone-hope your weekend goes well. Sounds like a lot of you are very busy! Take care. Bye for now. Brenda