Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Cindy:

I'll pick you up first thing Friday morning. We won't have a problem finding a parking spot.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 21st, 2005, 01:27 PM
Admiral

MIKE ..ROTFLMBOPMP...That is goooood. You made my day!!!.

There is no Cotton Pickin' way I wil go shopping on the day after. My DW talked me into that ONCE. I found out right quick that those sales will turn little Ol' Ladies into serial Killers in 0.12 seconds.
Old November 21st, 2005, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Fights? Little old ladies getting mean? Working at WalMart I have actually seen little old ladies fighting over the last of a certain item. People stealing items out of other peoples carriages. Grown men fighting over Barbies or other dolls. Even though I don't normally work on Fridays, this Friday is a treat. I work in the accounting office so I get to roam the floor in between doing registers money pulls. What's just as funny is watching the people come into the store when we open the doors. They look like a herd of cattle. You would think that we are giving the items away free. It makes it worth going in at 4:00 am just to see the crazy shoppers.
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Mike:
What a great idea. I really like it, so what time should I be ready?
Cindy
Old November 22nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Beginner

No way, all of my Christmas shopping is done by July the 4th. No malls for me, do most shopping all online.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
Yeoman

Eww. Christmas shopping....Uhg. Scratch that...shopping..EWWW.....I am the proverbial BAH HUMBUG. My son will be with his father and our families for Christmas this year. I am ignoring Christmas.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
Admiral

In a word, NO!! Let's see, did I say NO? NO, I do not shop on Black Friday! NO!! NO!! NO!!!
Old November 24th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

God NO! I used to have to work that day period and the only excuse was death, yours. As a cop it was the most horrendous traffic day of the year as well as robbery, fights, shoplifting, you name it! Ever since I retired I refuse to go out of the house that day and stay at home and read a nice relaxing book.
Old November 24th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

NO NO NO. Did it once in my 20's and it was a hassle then. Just thinking about the crowds, traffic, parking and long, long lines makes me tired. But I must admit those are some great prices Nolou525.
Monarch of the Seas Jan. 2005 Baja Calif.
NCL Dream Nov. 2005 Western Caribbean
Monarch of the Seas Mar 2006 Baja Calif.
NCL Star Oct. 2006 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Nov. 2007 Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas May 2009 Pacific Coastal
Mariner of the Seas June 2009 Mexican Riviera
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old November 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Admiral

One year we went out on Black Friday, but we had done our research in advance. We knew EXACTLY what we wanted to buy, went to the stores in order, got our stuff and was home practically before the day even started!

With all of the good sales now, I don't see a need to get out there early, unless there is a REALLY good deal (such as the IPOD). I get off work at 6a, but will probably just come home and go to sleep...

...but then again, I DO drive by the mall, and I haven't looked at today's sales flyers yet!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old November 26th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
My sisters, sister-in-laws, and nieces all gather for Thanksgiving at one sister's lake house. They cook all day and plan for Friday's shopping spree. Thanksgiving is spent gathered around the coffee table, maps spread out with red push pins all over marking the stores, yellow push pins mark the alternate stores if the main stores are blocked. Men are not allowed in the room and football is relegated to a back bedroom. Snacks and drinks are brought in and placed strategically around the coffee table. They plan. They plot. They list. They take no prisoners. If the phone rings it is ripped off the wall and thrown in the lake.

Assistants bring them updates on sales. One is on the computer watching the latest in gadgetry, hot items, cool shoes and what-nots. This is not a day for headaches, PMS, or bad hair days.

On Friday, they pick up the rented van at 6:04 a.m. One is designated as the driver, one is designated as the map reader, one is designated as the coordinator, one is designated as the financial advisor, one is designated as the fuel gauge watcher. They are each cross trained in the other areas so if one goes down the mission continues seamlessly.

There are timelines to meet. Must be out of the outlet mall by 10:24 a.m. to get to the next mall by 11:00 a.m. to catch the one-half hour manager's sale before lunch. It will take 13 minutes to find the correct size, red and white, wool sweater for Aunt Mable.

This is war! Every soldier on this team must perform their duties flawlessly for the battalion to succeed. And it will succeed. If a soldier goes down with injury, the battallion just drags the body out of the way and the fight goes on. Injuries will be dealt with later.

Regards,
Thomas
This is actually not humour, but scary in it's scenario, do you allow that you / them have the right to shoot people that are in the way of completing these tasks? There are culturists everwhere, be careful going Christmas shopping this year
Old November 26th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I think Thomas was just being funny. We also don't go out on this day. At least not to shop. It's kind of crazy what people will do for a sale.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 27th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Admiral

"This is actually not humour, but scary in it's scenario, do you allow that you / them have the right to shoot people that are in the way of completing these tasks? There are culturists everwhere, be careful going Christmas shopping this year".............DavyB

Please post where I stated "have the right to shoot people that are in the way of completing these tasks?"

You misunderstood again. Please read the post before responding.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi:

Never have and never will. My daughter goes every year with her mother-in-law, but they like to get up at 4AM to get to the stores when they open at 5AM. I can't think of too many things that would get me up that early.....maybe a free cruise, diamonds or perhaps puppies...

Happy Cruising....Buddy
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Admiral

I like to stay home and watch all of the crazy people on tv

much like Thomas's post, my GF and her GF's plan the day like a major military invasion
Old November 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Yeoman

Nope. I hung out at the Bellagio Buffet with Family, and watched the Dancing water fountains. Gambled a bit, went back to my hotel and changed for the show we went to that night.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Admiral

See what happens when Thomas and DavidB venture into "Chit-Chat"

You guys should stay in "Gripes" where we know you ! You're likely to scare the "regulars" .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014